Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPutz

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Any recommendations on Bluetooth stereo headsets for an iPad2? I just want to be able to listen to music while I work out, no mic needed.

Thanks

corzac

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2011
I use BackBeat 903+ (new version) by plantronics with my iPad 2. I like them because they are light and not bulky. The play skip and volume works with ipad 2.

Aqua Bliss

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
Depends if you prefer over-the-ear, earbuds, or traditional style.

I like the traditional (on head) style so got Jaybird headphones they are great but a bit pricey. Only complaint is that the volume doesn't go quite as high as I wish...

They seem to sync with iPad video quite nicely, I think they have a special chip in them for doing so. Other reports from bluetooth headphones mentioned a lag when syncing with video.

midnight_black.png

xStatiCa

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2009
I did a lot of research a year ago and I would still make the same decision today. Sony DR-BT21G. I bought them over a year ago as manufacturer refurbished for $50 through dakmart but they don't have them anymore.

11 hour battery life and the slimmest profile when on the ears. They have a mic too for voice calls. Doesn't make you look like princess lea. They can fold up for easy storage. I wear them at work in an office setting without any issues. Sony doesn't make them anymore but they are still available online if you look. I plan to buy a second pair just in case something happens to these and they become unavailable anymore.

There is slight discomfort where the plastic part touches the top of your ears if you have them on your head a long time but I don't mind considering the long battery life and slim profile.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DRBT21G-Stereo-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B000PCCLPA

Even though they would be twice the cost of what I paid before I still plan to get another pair for backup in case they become totally unavailable in the future. I sure wish Sony would make them again.

I have gone all day long playing continuously without needing a recharge. If you just use them for an hour or two a day then you won't have to charge them but once a week.

Attachments

• DRBT21G.png
    DRBT21G.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 674
Last edited:

mutantblack

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2008
I have jabra BT620. It's been out since 2006 but working great. It does have star trek lights on each side blinking but I turn them off. Sounds is just ok. Does have play pause skip and have mic for calls and voice command if you pair with iphone. I like it overall.
jabra_bt_620s_bluetooth_stereo_headset.jpg

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007
I use LG HBS-700. Not much info on them out there specially when I bought them, But they work great, sound great and no issues that I noticed with Ipad2. I also use them with my macbook air and android phone. All work without issues. These have weird design where u wear a neck brace and only put in earbuds into your ears but I like it as there is nothing pressing into your ears or over them. You can also change the tips and use custom fit ones.

Over all very happy with them

brudog68

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
TN USA
Looking for the same thing, but also something thats comfortable laying your head back without using the over ear type. Behind the neck models are bothersome for that.

These would be perfect, but appears theyve been discontinued, and i cant seem to find a good alternative...
Sony bluetooth earbuds

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
How are they? Saw these before and thought they look pretty cool. Is there a cord that holds both earbuds together that just dangles around your neck? That might be kind of odd...

I really like it. It's actually a bluetooth clip and you connect the supplied earbuds to it. I decided to use my Monster Turbines with it, because you can use ANY headphones with it, not just the supplied ones. If you mean a cord around the back of your head, no, this uses regular earbuds. So far, it's awesome, and super light. I'd rather this than a big set up headphones.

You can check out Sony Ericsson's site for more pics.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/accessories/livesound-hi-fi-headset/

Aqua Bliss

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
I really like it. It's actually a bluetooth clip and you connect the supplied earbuds to it. I decided to use my Monster Turbines with it, because you can use ANY headphones with it, not just the supplied ones. If you mean a cord around the back of your head, no, this uses regular earbuds. So far, it's awesome, and super light. I'd rather this than a big set up headphones.

You can check out Sony Ericsson's site for more pics.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/mw600?cc=gb&lc=en

Ohhhhh ok I see how it works now - but then you still have wires you have to fumble with to plug into your bluetooth receiver. Hmmmmm i dunno if that would make things too weird. I love my set how there are no wires at all.

Would be cool if somebody made something that was *just* earbuds and no receiver necessary to plug them into.

prot0type

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Ohhhhh ok I see how it works now - but then you still have wires you have to fumble with to plug into your bluetooth receiver. Hmmmmm i dunno if that would make things too weird. I love my set how there are no wires at all.

Would be cool if somebody made something that was *just* earbuds and no receiver necessary to plug them into.

Coincidentally, Sony did have something like that for sale, the Sony Ericsson HBH-S800. Basically they were earbuds attached to a bt adapter that would rest on your neck:

sony_ericsson_is800_bluetooth_earphones_1.jpg

I considered these during my bt headphone hunt a few months ago, they were sold on Amazon, though you may have to find another place now such as ebay.

brudog68

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
TN USA
Looking for the same thing, but also something thats comfortable laying your head back without using the over ear type. Behind the neck models are bothersome for that.

These would be perfect, but appears theyve been discontinued, and i cant seem to find a good alternative...
Sony bluetooth earbuds

Coincidentally, Sony did have something like that for sale, the Sony Ericsson HBH-S800. Basically they were earbuds attached to a bt adapter that would rest on your neck:

I considered these during my bt headphone hunt a few months ago, they were sold on Amazon, though you may have to find another place now such as ebay.

Can't find these anywhere, all the reviews were favorable, hard to believe Sony or anyone else would not continue with such a good design.

prot0type

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Sorry, didn't think to check all the links in this thread :eek:

The only thing I can really think of that might fit what you're looking for are the BT adapters such as the ones mentioned already or the Jabra Clipper and some in ear buds with a short cable.

Personally, I'm using a Plantronics Backbeat and other times I'm using a BT hybrid consisting of a V-Moda Crossfade/Scosche Retractable cable/Jabra Clipper.

kwonashley31

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2011

I could find the best headsets for ipads etc on sound ID. Just visit soundid.com and choose from the cool ones.

Lenow

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
Outdoor Technology Tags

I have recently purchased Outdoor Techonology Tags. They pair quickly and stay connected. They have a great wire connecting the two earbuds and hang around your neck when you take them off. They fit well and shortly, will be releasing an around the ear loop for more security and a pouch. http://outdoortechnology.com/catalog/ot-tags

iPutz

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
I have recently purchased Outdoor Techonology Tags. They pair quickly and stay connected. They have a great wire connecting the two earbuds and hang around your neck when you take them off. They fit well and shortly, will be releasing an around the ear loop for more security and a pouch. http://outdoortechnology.com/catalog/ot-tags

I really like those however I just ordered the Sony Ericsson model on Sat. Oh well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.