Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
i'm looking for a utility that will give me information about which computers are connected to my wireless network.

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
grapes911 said:

i have an airport extreme basestation.......i've never noticed a place where i can see which computers are connected in the utility...

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
oldschool said:
i have an airport extreme basestation.......i've never noticed a place where i can see which computers are connected in the utility...

Oh, an airport...I'm not familiar with airport basestations. I can login to my Belkin router and select DHCP Client List to see all connections. My older Dlink was pretty much the same. I'd guess that if these companies have and option like this, then apple would too. Sorry I can be more helpful.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Download the Airport Management Tools from Apple - you'll find the link to the dmg film under Additional Resources on the right hand side.

The Airport Managment Utility will show you what other MAC addresses are using your network and log them for you. Also shows you what bandwidth etc you are using. You can also use it to change your admin settings rather than using the Airport Admin Utility

The Airport Client Utility shows you the current strength/noise of your signal

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
Applespider said:
Download the Airport Management Tools from Apple - you'll find the link to the dmg film under Additional Resources on the right hand side.

The Airport Managment Utility will show you what other MAC addresses are using your network and log them for you. Also shows you what bandwidth etc you are using. You can also use it to change your admin settings rather than using the Airport Admin Utility

The Airport Client Utility shows you the current strength/noise of your signal

thanks applespider

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.