Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arsu

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
hey guys

I have been trying to find a guide to jailbreak my apple tv that i just got 2 days ago. its on the latest software. can someone please point me into the right direction so that i can jailbreak this baby!!

also i wanted to install the xmbc with ice films. if i can get directions on that id really appriciate it!!

thank you so much!!!

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Go to iclarified.com

Tutorials/jailbreak/apple 2

Nevermind

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=14637

Xbmc is a lil more complicated after you jailbreak you need to ssh and run some commends to install xbmc

Go check out the xbmc forum

Arsu

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
thanks bro in the process of jailbreaking but i am currently on the xbmc forum and its so confusing i have no idea where to look for the guide to install it cuz im not familiar with this xbmc stuff yet. i have no idea what it is either i was only getting it for ice films

The Mad Hatter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
SoCal
how do i ssh into apple tv as root??

To ssh something onto your ATV2 (ie. a zip file), use Fugu. If your looking for XBMC video repositories, try HERE. It has info on how to install them.

BTW...

user: root
pass: alpine (you might want to change this later via Terminal. Google iOS password change.)

HTH

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.