Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

serenesam

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
I don't get it. Why can't the Ipod Touch have 160gb like the Ipod Classic? Why can't it have FM radio too? If the Ipod Touch had those features, there would be no need for Nano, Shuffle, or Classic. Seriously, the Classic needs a more "modern" look with updated technology.

L I G H T I N G

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2011
Business 101-

its all about the money

Apple would rather you pay $1000 for all iPods than 300$ on a single device...

kuwisdelu

macrumors 65816
Jan 13, 2008
I don't get it. Why can't the Ipod Touch have 160gb like the Ipod Classic? Why can't it have FM radio too?

The Classic uses a hard drive. The Touch uses a flash drive. 160 GB of flash memory is very expensive.

If the Ipod Touch had those features, there would be no need for Nano, Shuffle, or Classic.

Uhh, the point of the Nano and the Shuffle are that they're smaller and cheaper.

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
The Classic uses a hard drive. The Touch uses a flash drive. 160 GB of flash memory is very expensive.

Uhh, the point of the Nano and the Shuffle are that they're smaller and cheaper.

"the iPod touch is too big!" :rolleyes:

"I want a small device that's portable" :cool:

Consumers differentiate from one another...

Agreed.

Also consumers don't all want the same device. How boring would it be if there was just one model of iPod that all looked the same?

"Hey I got an new iPod" "Which one?" "*The* iPod" :-/

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Seriously, the Classic needs a more "modern" look with updated technology.

Why?

I would rather they just increase the capacity. If you want all the bells and whistles just get an iPod touch.

I wouldn't even mind if they removed most of the 'features' from the classic, I've had mine for 3.5 years and all I've ever done is play music. :D

serenesam

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
I don't get it.

No, you don't.

Why can't the Ipod Touch have 160gb like the Ipod Classic? Why can't it have FM radio too? If the Ipod Touch had those features, there would be no need for Nano, Shuffle, or Classic. Seriously, the Classic needs a more "modern" look with updated technology.

Why can't all vehicles be black 4 wheel drive crew cab pickups? Seriously, you don't get it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.