Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
I'm debating getting an ipod.

I'm aware of all the bells & whistles, I just need some advice about batteries.

And I know how techy these forums can get, so keep it simple please guys.

OK. What is the availability on replacement batteries for the current gens of ipod regular & mini? can you provide uk prices?

Are these details still going to apply when my ipod runs down for good, or am I better buying one when I buy the unit....

Ta.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Well your iPod battery should (um, yeah, *should*) hold out for a few years, so i wouldn't buy a second battery now, it'll be aged by the time you use it. Considering the popularity of the iPod, and the number of units out there, I think it's safe to say that battery replacement programs will still be around in a few years. Now I don't know about UK prices, but in the states it's $50 (to a 3rd party vendor) to replace it yourself, $100 to have Apple do it for you. So £95 and £190 respectively through the exchange rate, tho I doubt it's that expensive in truth. Do a google on it and you'll probably locate a UK reseller for batteries.

Edit: Yeah, it's much cheaper. See if this link works: Link. They have batteries for £30 and a replacement service for £60. Don't know if Apple does an official replacement service or not over there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.