Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dancsank

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2011
I'm trying to watch shows online such as netflix on my mom's MBA and I can't watch anything without constant choppiness - its unbearable. She has a 1.6ghz and 2g ram MBA and I've updated everything. I finally got coolbook but have no idea how to use it or if its even working. I searched other peoples suggestions and have made one setting for both adapter and battery of 1600 mhz and .9v with throttle level on high and temp set to 75c. I have set those and saved with both the throttling and coolbook active boxes checked. After doing all that though nothing has changed - the information in the bottom left of the tab doesn't input my new settings it still doing its own thing staying around 1600 and 1.15v and viewing is just as ******. What am I doing wrong and is that information box suppose to have my new settings displayed if I did everything correctly?

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
There are reports that 10.6.7 has caused video issues if applied via the mac update process vs. downloading direct. There are a couple of threads on this with instructions on how to reinstall OS.

As I understand it coolbook adjusts power to the CPUs in an attempt to get them to run cooler. Underclocking vs overclocking. Your CPU could be overheating causing core shutdown. I have not experienced this issue.

All else fails, go to the Apple store and demonstrate it for them. Let them fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.