PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft on a G5 PowerPC

JRuss75
Apr 20, 2011, 04:15 PM
In this day and age there MUST be a way to play World of Warcraft on a PowerPC machine. People these days seem to have a trick or way to force install things that were never meant to be.
So come on, someone out there... all I want to do is play my old school WoW (original game w/no expansions) on my old school G5. It worked before the stupid patch 4.0.1 came along so there MUST be a way to make it work.

Anybody?! Please?!

AdrianK
Apr 20, 2011, 04:39 PM
Depends if it's a server side dependancy, that you be running a version after a specific build (which could be after PPC support was removed).

CubeHacker
Apr 20, 2011, 06:03 PM
What AdrianK says is correct. If you can find "3rd party" servers that run an older version of the game pre 4.0, then you should be able to play just fine. Unfortunately, playing on the official servers will no longer be possible, due to blizzard removing the ppc executable from the game.

goMac
Apr 20, 2011, 06:28 PM
In this day and age there MUST be a way to play World of Warcraft on a PowerPC machine. People these days seem to have a trick or way to force install things that were never meant to be.
So come on, someone out there... all I want to do is play my old school WoW (original game w/no expansions) on my old school G5. It worked before the stupid patch 4.0.1 came along so there MUST be a way to make it work.

Anybody?! Please?!

They no longer distribute the PowerPC binaries.

No 4.0.1 binaries means there is absolutely no way you could ever launch 4.0.1 on a PowerPC, even with all the hacking in the world.