PDA

View Full Version : app store review question?

tigerchen
Apr 20, 2011, 05:16 PM
When an app is rejected by Apple's App Store review process, do they tell you all the issues that's wrong with the app? Or do they stop after finding the first issue that's wrong?

firewood
Apr 20, 2011, 05:54 PM
They seem to stop after the first issue, especially if the first issue is bad enough. If the app crashes, they can't look much farther. However a small number of developers have reported Apple rejecting an app and giving more than one reason. Don't count on it.

dejo
Apr 20, 2011, 05:55 PM
When an app is rejected by Apple's App Store review process, do they tell you all the issues that's wrong with the app? Or do they stop after finding the first issue that's wrong?
My experience has always been that they stop at the first issue. Then there can be a whole series of fixes, submissions, reviews, and rejections. Each iteration brings you closer to approval but never with any feel for how close you might be. But your mileage may vary.

tigerchen
Apr 20, 2011, 06:28 PM
My experience has always been that they stop at the first issue. Then there can be a whole series of fixes, submissions, reviews, and rejections. Each iteration brings you closer to approval but never with any feel for how close you might be. But your mileage may vary.

So if one as 3 things wrong with the app, A, B, C. They would usually tell you A after the first submission. And then you fix A, and resubmit. And then they tell you B, and then you fix and resubmit... etc...

firewood
Apr 20, 2011, 07:07 PM
Basically, they want to strongly discourage submitting apps that have things wrong with them, especially more than one.

Test, test, test, triple check against the lists of reasons for rejection, and then test some more, before thinking of submitting an app to Apple. If you think there might be something wrong with your app, fix it first.

PhoneyDeveloper
Apr 20, 2011, 08:00 PM
App store review is not a beta test service. Apple decides if the app is suitable for the app store. If it crashes or has obvious severe bugs they will reject it. If it violates one of their written or unwritten rules they will reject it.

You want your app to work well not because of the app store review. You want it to work well so people will like it and buy it.

Frankly I wouldn't worry about it too much. Aside from abiding by the rules there's not much you can do about it.

Certain things are tested automatically when you submit the app. I think this is mainly inspection for use of private APIs. If you violate that you hear about it within a few minutes.