PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPad 2 dock

Gix1k
Apr 20, 2011, 10:01 PM
Bought this today at best buy. $29

It fits the iPad well..sturdy and stiff cable jack and earplug jack on back.

thibaulthalpern
Apr 21, 2011, 10:48 AM
Yes, I concur!

I received my iPad 2 dock yesterday and it has been a good addition for me. I have read reviews of the iPad 2 dock on Apple Store website that criticized the dock for not being easy to use. Some users had trouble aligning the iPad 2 to the dock connector with ease. I didn't find that to be so. The "trick" I use is to centre the iPad 2 to the dock connector and then slid down the iPad 2 on the back of the dock and it fits easily on to the dock. I LOVE IT! Others have said that this is a much better design than the original iPad dock.

$29 is a bit high to spend for the dock, for people who don't mind spending just a little more for some convenience (AND elegance), I think the iPad 2 dock is good.

One thing that Apple can do better, which I don't think they ever will, is to include a dock cable with the dock. At the very least, this is what they should do.

One disappointment I have about the iPad 2 dock is that it does not come with an IR receiver. You see, the universal dock for the iPods and iPhone all have an IR receiver. This is really useful for remotely turning the volume up and down and fast forward and rewinding of music. Too bad this isn't part of the iPad 2 dock.

My few cents (and plug) for the device. :)