Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

archdelux

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
..or single app purchase that you feel was REALLY worth it

hopefully this might help some people find more cool apps..

Mine would probably be icab

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
I've gotten a lot of use out of the "This American Life" app that came out a few weeks ago.

It's really well thought out for fans of the radio program.

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
Second LogMeIn Ignition - full remote access back to the Mac (or PC) can be really invaluable, and has saved me on a few occasions.

I'm also really happy with Atomic web browser - love having real tabs again.

d00by

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2009
Air video

Top 3 most used

Air video
Reeder
Instapaper

About logmein, I would buy it if it weren't so expensive. 'File browser' has limited functionality but it is a lot cheaper and it has quickly become indispensable to me

Tedddman

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2011
Probably FileBrowser. Now I don't have to worry about syncing to iTunes for anything other than firmware updates.

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
About logmein, I would buy it if it weren't so expensive.
You might want to check out SplashTop ($4.99, I think).

You can set it up to be used over a WAN connection, although it's real power is using it over a LAN.

I use it all the time to watch HD video (live and recored TV) from my Windows PC on my iPad via Windows Media Center.

Works fantastic and is really smooth.

kendo88

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Coventry
For people who don't want to splash out on logmein, if your just looking for a basic remote access app then teamviewer is great. And free!

A lot of people mention reeder. What is so good about this? I use pulse and pulse mini on my iPad and iPhone. Really like the interface and again it's free.

Stovepiper

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
It's hard for me to pick a single app. But since it hasn't been mentioned yet, one of the slickest apps I've purchased is Filterstorm Pro. If you are looking for a photo management/editing app in the same vein as Aperture or Lightroom then the production quality of this one can't be beat.

Honorable mentions are AirVideo and Atomic Web in terms of everyday use.

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008
LogMeIn Ignition, hands down. I was a bit hesitant with the $30 price tag as many are, but it really is worth every last penny.

My other 2 to make a "Top 3" would be InstaCast and StreamToMe. The former is supposed to have a native iPad version in the near future which will be nice.

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008
For people who don't want to splash out on logmein, if your just looking for a basic remote access app then teamviewer is great. And free!

It's quirky, too. The constant nagging about non-commercial use and the pop-ups on remote machines...I got tired of it pretty quick. LogMeIn has a far superior interface (no stupid machine codes or funny login IDs to recall) and the file transfer features are top-notch. TeamViewer might cut it for VERY occasional (and short) remote sessions but for everyday stuff...LogMeIn.

thibaulthalpern

macrumors regular
May 2, 2008
East Coast, USA
Gosh, can I name more than one? I have about three that I would put on equal footing:

• Oxford Dictionary of English by Enfour. A wonderful dictionary with ways to bookmark and organise words! I love it!

• Pleco. A Chinese to English and English to Chinese dictionary and study tool. In my opinion, the best Chinese-English/English-Chinese dictionary tool.

• Scrabble HD. :)

matt90036

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2010
The best one for me so far is iAnnotate. It let's me upload PDF books, index them and search when looking for answers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.