Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

secksthoi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
So I've been noticing this problem a few weeks back now until recently noticing it more a couple days back. My speakers seem to get that rattle sound that you get when turning up low quality speakers to max when listening to certain types of songs maybe with stronger bass, but the problem is far more apparent during youtube videos where maybe sound quality isn't the best. Is this normal for the MBA? Or should i go take it up to the genius? I'm starting to guess it might be popped speakers. I've only had this laptop for about almost a month.

shirouxkamui

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2011
The left speaker on my MBA buzzes/rattles. Had it for only a day and notice the issue. Rang apple up and they sent me a new set. However, the new set have the some issue. It gets pretty obvious on some lower quality youtube videos.

Just wondering anyone else have the some issue?

Regards
Alvin

Last edited:

bursthead

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
I'm having the same issue with the new macbook air.. Low quality music with the max volume makes the rattle even more noticeable.

PaulWog

Suspended
Jun 28, 2011
Not a problem for me... I don't like playing loud music on laptop speakers. If I play loud music, it's on headphones or on proper speakers. On laptop speakers it's just for basic functionality, or basic on-the-go listening. But that's just me...

That said, in your situation(s)... this does suck. Hopefully everything works out with the Mac and Apple and whatnot. I'm somewhat uneasy about this even though it's not really a problem for my usage... so it must really suck for someone who is truly effected.

iVeBeenDrinkin'

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2008
What kind of speakers are you expecting in a MBA? I would classify any built in speakers on an Computer as low quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.