PDA

View Full Version : Ipad 2 and Iphone 4 Data Plan Sharing??

Qoo
Apr 22, 2011, 08:05 AM
Hello All,

I just purchased the Ipad 2 Wifi Only version, i heard one of my friend said that if i go with the Wifi + 3G version i can share the data plan with my iphone 4 data plan is that correct??? On my iphone 4 i have the 2GB data plan.

If that is true i might bring the ipad 2 back to best buy and switch to the 3G version.

Please kindly help confirm!!!

Thanks so much!!

darngooddesign
Apr 22, 2011, 08:13 AM
You can't share without jumping through hoops.

Doing so requires jail breaking; however, you can do th personal hotspot which gives you 4Gb shared however you like.

Qoo
Apr 22, 2011, 08:15 AM
You can't share without jumping through hoops.

Doing so requires jail breaking; however, you can do th personal hotspot which gives you 4Gb shared however you like.

Thanks so much for the quick reply, my iphone 4 it is jailbreak on 4.3.2

Do you have any tips on how to set up the personal hotspot??

Thanks

darngooddesign
Apr 22, 2011, 08:31 AM
You can either install the app MyWi for a onetime price of $20, or you can do it officially with Personal Hotspot. Your carrier can tell you how to do the latter. PH is a monthly fee, but it gives you more data, which matters if you don't have unlimited. I have also heard that PH doesn't hit your iphone's battery as hard. If you go the MyWi route, you might considering buying a mophie juice pack or some other battery case so you don't run out of juice.

As far as how to use MyWi, look around on the iPhone hacks board but don't ask questions until you have finished doing some research as that is rude.