Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asterizk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
Sarasota, Florida
Hey guys...

Just wondering if anyone out there uses MarsEdit? I am considering it, but judging from the screenshots on the Mac App Store, it handles multiple blogs, and since I have just the one, do still think it would be worth the $40? I don't post all that often-- a few times a month? But I think a good tool might help me post more often, too.. also I'm into photography, how good is its image support? A little background on me, I'm comfortable with HTML and my blog is MoveableType 4.3, hosted on Dreamhost.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's opinions!

Krishen in Sarasota

asterizk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
Sarasota, Florida
Looking forward to hearing everyone's opinions!

Well, to partially answer my own question, I just downloaded the demo from Red Sweater's site (thank goodness for demo versions), and can offer this much so far:

(1) Trickiest part was figuring out the URL to my blog's API access point -- once I figured that out, MarsEdit connected to my blog and listed my entries.

(2) I wrote a new blog post in under 5 minutes, including posting a picture.

(3) Adding the picture was easy, and I enjoyed not having to deal with Moveable Type 4.3's media manager, which doesn't seem work well with Safari --at least, for me.

(4) Don't think there's a way to have it generate a thumbnail & big version of a picture, which was a nice aspect of Moveable Type's media manager.

That's it so far. Just based on the time I saved alone and the ease of use it offered, I think I might pop for the full version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.