Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w00tmaster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
I need some help. A few nights ago I was listening to my iPod and the battery ran out. No big deal I thought so the next day I charged it, but when the apple came on the screen it wouldn't go away. I tried to reset it, to no avail. Then I tried to let the batteries run out and try it again. The batteries did run out(the iPod got quite warm while doing so), but upon plugging it back in, it shows the apple on the screen and then nothing else. I can hear the hd spinning, but it seems that I cannot get past the boot. Any suggestions on fixing it or is it dead in the water?

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
w00tmaster said:
I need some help. A few nights ago I was listening to my iPod and the battery ran out. No big deal I thought so the next day I charged it, but when the apple came on the screen it wouldn't go away. I tried to reset it, to no avail. Then I tried to let the batteries run out and try it again. The batteries did run out(the iPod got quite warm while doing so), but upon plugging it back in, it shows the apple on the screen and then nothing else. I can hear the hd spinning, but it seems that I cannot get past the boot. Any suggestions on fixing it or is it dead in the water?

It may sound a bit silly, but when you see the Apple logo, you don't see the little icon that shows if the iPod is locked or not. Are you sure it's not locked when trying to reset it?

w00tmaster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
There is no locked icon

but I am 99% sure it's not locked. I'm not 100% sure because my locking mechanism is not working(which is why though I am upset about it breaking, I'm not heartbroken over it)
Since it doesn't boot, I cannot actually mount it as a drive....anyone know if there is a market for broken iPods?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.