Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big D 51

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Mobile, AL
I can't seem to find a docking station unless I'm not looking in the right places. I found the one Henge makes, but it seems to be for the older version.

Am I missing something?

Darklandman

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2011
Out of luck...

Unfortunately there aren't any docking stations for the macbook air, infact the only docking station for any mac laptop is a port replicator for the MBP. I beileve that there is a stand somewhere, but I personally don't see the need, hopefully thunderbolt will bring some interesting options. That is if its included in the next MBA.

Big D 51

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Mobile, AL
Unfortunately there aren't any docking stations for the macbook air, infact the only docking station for any mac laptop is a port replicator for the MBP. I beileve that there is a stand somewhere, but I personally don't see the need, hopefully thunderbolt will bring some interesting options. That is if its included in the next MBA.

Thanks for information.

Darklandman

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2011
Incase you wanted to know I found the stand for you, its called the book arc by 12 south. It includes a "cable management system" basically a usb and mDP connector for one side of the MBA. Check out their other products they are pretty cool :)

ZombieZakk

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2011
yea unfortunately they dont make docks for the air as there are ports on both sides you have usb power and headphone on one side and the display and other usb on the other. the docks work for mbp's as all ports are on the one side.

+1 for the book arc it is great coupled with a nice monitor and wireless keyboard and mouse your all set.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Incase you wanted to know I found the stand for you, its called the book arc by 12 south. It includes a "cable management system" basically a usb and mDP connector for one side of the MBA. Check out their other products they are pretty cool :)

I dont think I would call the bookarc a dock. The point of a dock is to organize connections and power so that you can pop the computer in and out.

The arc is a stand that you have to wire up each time.

Not that its not cool, but its way overpriced for what it does...

komoornik

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2011
200 $ for something worth - i don't know, max 50 $ ?

That's pretty fu**ing high even if that's for Apple product.

Shapethelola

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2011
Hengedocks are currently building a dock for the MacBook air,but i have absolutely no idea when they will release it and how they will do it as power and display are on two different sides.

jamesr19

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2009

qwerf123

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2011
UK
I bet by the 30th september is far too soon as they would have announced that otherwise, in my opinion

I am expecting it mid/late October.

There is one problem with it though, wish it had a HDMI socket!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.