Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unwashedmusic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
Ok, so my touch wouldnt boot up and connect to itunes, so I got into recovery mode and tried to restore my firmware. It came u with error 2000...so I downloaded different firmware versions...nothing worked. I heard that if I downloaded firmware 4.0 and installed itunes 8.2 it would work (as some of the firmware wont work with newer itunes)...didnt work..

I have no idea what to do. It installs alright but it wont authenticate. I havent jailbroken my touch or anything...I have no idea why this has happened:confused:.

Oh yeah and past its warranty...

Any advice or solutions?

Please...im tearing my hair out over this!!!

:(

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Try getting all the way to right before it authenticates and then turn off your wifi right after you click for it to authenticate.

unwashedmusic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Try getting all the way to right before it authenticates and then turn off your wifi right after you click for it to authenticate.

Just tried it...didnt work. It needs to authenticate to install.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.