PDA

View Full Version : Macbook has NO response! A dead stick!

jonomo
Apr 23, 2011, 03:44 AM
I hadn't backed up my Macbook in a while, so I decided to back up using Time Machine. Left it hooked up and came back a few hours later and my Macbook was totally dark and unresponsive and Time Machine had not backed up anything.

I tried to turn the MB on and NOTHING. No sound, no light, just dead. I figured it was the Logic Board so I took out the HD, and it was fine, so I was able to retain all my precious data.

The battery was fully charged, plugged in, I'm not sure what the issue could be other than a logic board. They said it would cost about SG$700~1000 to replace :S... thinking of going at it myself with used parts on eBay, but sounds risky..

Any ideas on what this could be? My MB is about 5 years old, so I guess its time had come :(

The Californian
Apr 23, 2011, 03:48 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Have you taken it to the Apple Store?

Reflow
Apr 23, 2011, 07:34 AM
Have you looked at any of our guides (http://guides.macrumors.com/Mac_doesn%27t_boot)