PDA

View Full Version : Apple Digital AV Adapter

MajorTCS
Apr 23, 2011, 02:25 PM
I am using the adapter with the original iPad. It works great with my Samsung 720p HDTV. Problem: with a friends Sony 1080p HDTV, movies display at a distractingly faster "pace". The whole experience is ruined by this faster rate and there seems to be a fractured look. Are there any menu items on the tv I should change?

TheUndertow
Apr 23, 2011, 04:52 PM
I am using the adapter with the original iPad. It works great with my Samsung 720p HDTV. Problem: with a friends Sony 1080p HDTV, movies display at a distractingly faster "pace". The whole experience is ruined by this faster rate and there seems to be a fractured look. Are there any menu items on the tv I should change?

What content are you viewing? Could be the TV taking 720p iTunes "HD" (semi HD) and trying to up convert it.

Could be the TV trying to up convert to 1080p or maybe it's the "image enhancement" by way of the TV or maybe it's a 240Hz or higher capable and that's messing with the image.

shardey
Apr 25, 2011, 09:54 AM

I have a samsung LED, and I can tell you that if you dont have the 120 hz motion engine properly setup, it will appear the movie is moving faster than it should.