Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ol!ver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
I've been using an old iTrip for a couple of years now but there's one issue - to stop the expected cell signal interference I have to turn airplane mode on.

I notice now that the newer models actually support the iPhone, which I assume means they no longer receive interference from the handset but I've yet to find confirmation anywhere!

Has anyone got one that can confirm for me?

I've emailed a contact at Griffin but thought I'd try a spot of crowd-sourcing too!

Cheers

oakie

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2008
seattle
it HAS to be shielded to earn the right to use the "works with iPhone" stamp (as well as a nominal fee)

however, the "durka durka" GSM feedback is due to unshielded speakers... therefore, it's not the device. it is your vehicle, specifically the audio system. most automobile speakers are not shielded to prevent RFI.

also, if the noise is RPM based, as in it changes pitch with the engine's speed, that's due to a ground loop somewhere in your power system and also not due to the device or iPhone itself. your car's wiring needs to be inspected at that point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.