PDA

View Full Version : How long do your BT Apple Mouse batteries Last?

2Sticky
Mar 7, 2005, 12:46 PM
How long do your BT Apple Mouse batteries Last?

And what battery do you use?

I have had my mouse about 1 month now, and got through the stock batteries and now a fresh set, i use energizers....

saying that Apple say batteries should last 3 months it not looking good,

If i'm away for say 5-10mins is it best to turn the moust off?

yippy
Mar 7, 2005, 12:59 PM
I have an Apple BT mouse that still has battery power after a month or two of use. I stopped using it when I got my BT-500 mouse, that only gets a few days of battery life our of 2 rechargable AAAs :rolleyes: .

slippy
Mar 7, 2005, 01:16 PM
I have been using the keyboard and mouse since the first day I received my new PB a month ago. As I post this both have gone through 1 bar on the meter in system preferences.

Also, I have not turned the keyboard off since I put it on my desk and only turn the mouse off when I take it with me somewhere, which has only been a couple times.

2Sticky
Mar 7, 2005, 01:25 PM
Blimmy, maybe i shouldn't turn my mouse on and off in short periods of time,

think i shall have to try some different batteries too. Thanks for your responses.

Karlchen
Mar 15, 2005, 01:09 PM
.. I agree, my batteries have a lifespan of about one months, which is not even close to the three months I expected ...
The keyboard however is still going strong after four to five months...

Nickygoat
Mar 15, 2005, 01:22 PM
Plenty of threads on this. Some seem to have awful battery life while others have good ones. FWIW I get 3 months on the mouse and am only at 3 bars on my KB - bought it June 2004. Mac on 7 hours/ day average