Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coca-Cola

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2002
WA
Okay, I have an old iMac. I use it for a wireless basestation for my powerbook. The crt iMac has 802.11 b. while the powerbook has 802.11g. So I am getting 802.11b on my 802.11g powerbook.

Currently, I don't have an airport express. I am thinking about getting one this evening to use as a source for wireless instead of the iMac. What do you think?

I would then like to sell my iMac Crt at some point this summer and replace it with a new iBook for my wife. She hates the clutter of the old iMac set-up. It has an external Cdrw, external HD, speakers and printer. It is a big mess.

Once the iMac is sold, I plan to hide the printer (wireless with Airport Express) and use the speakers as our stereo system (wirelss with Airport Express). My wife and I can both use our laptops around the house and take back our dining room table. What do think about this idea?

Also, what kinda of price can I get for a iMac 400 Mhz SE (graphite), airport, 640 mhz ram, formac external cd-rw, with panther?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.