PDA

View Full Version : Best Bluetooth speakers? Jawbone or ipevo

butters149
Apr 24, 2011, 08:42 PM
Hi,

I am in search of a good portable Bluetooth speaker and am up in the air between the jawbone jam box and the ipevo tube speakers, does anyone have any recommendations?

pbateman.as
Apr 24, 2011, 09:28 PM
I'm looking at both as well. Reviews on the Jawbone have been great. Curious to hear from people who have both.

danrel
Apr 24, 2011, 10:00 PM
I bought the red Jambox last week, and while it's no replacement for a home theater system, it sounds excellent and has an absolutely amazing amount of clear bass for such a small system. The entire thing is only slightly larger than a Wii remote, yet has more (clear) bass, that you can actually feel and crisper sound overall than many 2.0 desktop speaker setups that I've tried out.

I've never used the other speakers you mentioned so I can't give any opinions on that one, but in any case, I think you'd be most pleased with the Jambox. Not to mention you can use it as a bluetooth conference phone, paired with you cell.

SaintsMac
Apr 25, 2011, 05:24 AM
I bought the red Jambox last week, and while it's no replacement for a home theater system, it sounds excellent and has an absolutely amazing amount of clear bass for such a small system. The entire thing is only slightly larger than a Wii remote, yet has more (clear) bass, that you can actually feel and crisper sound overall than many 2.0 desktop speaker setups that I've tried out.

I've never used the other speakers you mentioned so I can't give any opinions on that one, but in any case, I think you'd be most pleased with the Jambox. Not to mention you can use it as a bluetooth conference phone, paired with you cell.

I echo danrel's comments about the Jambox but I can not offer advice about the other speak you are considering.

PWNkake
Apr 25, 2011, 10:14 AM
I also have the jambox and it does not fail to impress. I've only had it about a week but everywhere I go people look at it then their jaw drops. If you search jambox, you'll return a thread where it was discussed although an inaccurate review due to a defective unit from pc mag (when the jambox came out )really hurt sales and I'd say lots of people lost interest in the jmbox.

I have to say the $200 the jambox is a luxury item, but at $100-150 it's A worthy addition to any iPhone, iPad, or android user.

Yesterday at our families holiday dinner we all took turns pairing with the jambox listening to our favorite tracks off our phones (iPhone and androids), laptops, iPads.

Is ease of use and sound quality really distinguish it from the rest.

I got mine open box/discounted at a local retailer for $89.99. A STEAL IMO. I looked online for another for my wife and even at $150 on eBay I think it's worth it.

Good luck!

blueroom
Apr 25, 2011, 10:15 AM
Personally I'd wait for AirPlay speakers.

bcp23
Apr 25, 2011, 01:18 PM
I picked up the Monster Clarity HD bluetooth speakers from Amazon a couple of months back. It works well with both my ipad and iphone and can be used as a speakerphone with the iphone.

Good sound for its size with a built in rechargable battery and perfect for traveling. It looks like the price fluctuates on Amazon from $70-$90.

SAL8116
Apr 25, 2011, 10:30 PM
Any other reviews on the Jawbone Jam Box?

whiskeyred
Apr 25, 2011, 11:23 PM
The Satechi speakers are nice, they have a bluetooth one, and you can daisy chain them together, as many as you like

danrel
Apr 26, 2011, 07:04 AM
Any other reviews on the Jawbone Jam Box?

Check Google and YouTube, there's a ton of them out there.

ToolShedd
Apr 27, 2011, 02:55 PM
This guy does a weekly tech article for our local paper...

http://www.technofileonline.com/texts/tec041711.html

His advice isn't always the best but the Soundmatters foxL v2 speakers in that article sound interesting.

BlindMellon
Apr 28, 2011, 02:26 PM
a bit steep for my tastes. i plan on getting these:
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-D200-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B003N9PJDI/ref=pd_sim_e_3

Bag302
May 3, 2011, 04:22 PM
i recently tried a bunch of these, incuding the Jambox and Monster iClarity.

I loved the form factor of the Jambox and wanted that one to be the "winner" of my shootout but, while it sounded very good, it sounded very boxed in and lacked highs compared to the Monster.

The Monster is also quite a bit louder and more open sounding but has less bass. Pretty good bass, but not as good as the Jambox. It's also half the price of the Jambox.

My wife agreed with me and she also got the Monster.

I also tried:
-a CReative D100, which I did not like at all and returned. Sounded too boxy.
-A Veho BT360 which sounded really good and loud for it's size/price, but did not have a volume control on the unit
-Satechi BT speaker which doesn't sound all that great on it's own, but offers pretty good battery life, the ability to hook up to another speaker or stereo system and volume controls. The versatility of this unit really stood out.

In the end, I kept the Monster and the Satechi. Although, I secretly wish the Jambox was a little louder.

For $40, the fact that the Satechi can act as an individual BT speaker or as a BT receiver to any other system is a heck of a deal.

ETA: The Satechi has a noticably shorter range than all of the others. It may be a problem for some.

pocketdoc
May 3, 2011, 11:11 PM
I have a Foxl. Excellent sound and good base. Rechargeable and small.

I haven't used another brand, so I cannot directly compare. I agree that $200 is too high for the JB.

glen e
Jun 7, 2013, 03:40 AM
Look at the BRAVEN box too.

Menel
Jun 7, 2013, 08:04 AM
Hi,

I am in search of a good portable Bluetooth speaker and am up in the air between the jawbone jam box and the ipevo tube speakers, does anyone have any recommendations?Either as bluetooth requires a lossy-lossy SBC conversion, and doesn't matter speaker quality, gonna sound mediocre.

ZipZap
Jun 8, 2013, 06:15 AM
Of the JAMBOX products I would only consider the big jambox as the little one does not get loud enough.

David5391
Jun 24, 2013, 01:53 PM
I would definitely go with the jawbone. Ipevo's stuff is generally made at a lower caliber.

jonncboy
Sep 11, 2013, 11:17 AM
Can you believe they made a headset in a hat. They made a attachment to the hat too :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEsqvvJqg-8

nStyle
Sep 11, 2013, 08:18 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned the Soundlink Mini so far from Bose.

Here is a video comparing the "best" Jambox to Bose's offering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49mTKnpcRgU

It's surprising to me that you can actually hear the difference through the video. I am assuming you will need decent speakers to hear the difference but its pretty amazing to me.

I just ordered one based on the overwhelming consensus that it generally outs the Jambox.

Gjwilly
Sep 16, 2013, 07:38 PM
Haven't tried any of them but recently I've been seeing Jambox losing to Soundfreaq in a lot of reviews.

Oui
Sep 16, 2013, 10:20 PM
Bose soundlink mini by far the best portable Bluetooth speaker for the whole package sound.

AWflorida
Sep 22, 2013, 06:13 AM
The Bose sound link mini is one of the best sounding portable speakers on the market. :)

racer1441
Sep 23, 2013, 07:45 PM
This thing is AMAZING!

http://www.amazon.com/SuperTooth-Disco-Bluetooth-Stereo-Speaker/dp/B002G1Y7LO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=28QV7JSS8T4YB&coliid=IPAOZJF8V9LNA

gully319
Sep 24, 2013, 03:15 PM
Bose soundlink mini by far the best portable Bluetooth speaker for the whole package sound.

I agree.

CalWizrd
Sep 26, 2013, 01:35 PM

I also agree. The sound is excellent, and I think the styling is very good as well.

Z8beema
Sep 28, 2013, 12:01 PM
if money isn't a problem i would go with the jawbone. i bought a jbl flip for 100.00 at best buy and am very impressed with the sound. battery life isn't great (5 hours) but the sound is great for the price. bass surprised for such a small speaker

Macalway
Sep 28, 2013, 06:32 PM
I agree.

Yep, I bought one. Was not a big Bose fan until this came along for an Not-insane price

They really pulled one off.

Yummy

There are a zillion BT speakers now, and lot of them are pretty nice. Fortunately, I think that had something to do with Bose not overcharging up the YinY this time, even though it's still rather high-end

Now all I have to do is decide if I'm going to spend $45 on that case :eek:

pat.micunnis
Oct 13, 2013, 06:22 PM
Jambox FTW ! I have the Mini and BIG Jambox (BIG Jambox packs a lot of punch).

I just downloaded the Audio Xciter app ($4.99). It makes the music richer - even when listening on headphones.

Oui
Oct 15, 2013, 10:33 PM
Now all I have to do is decide if I'm going to spend $45 on that case :eek:

The case is nice. The covers not so much.

mikochu
Dec 26, 2013, 10:10 AM
For the price, you can't go wrong with the Urge Basics Sound Brick: http://amzn.com/B00BC379WG

A friend of mine had one and I was impressed. Picked one up for myself and others asked about it. I know at least 5 other people who have one.

a.y.n
Dec 27, 2013, 12:58 PM
I love my UE Boom.

Pheo
Dec 27, 2013, 01:01 PM
Friend has a UE and it's very good. I have a jbl flip I got on fire sale which I think is pretty good for the money - paid 50 for mine

fanchee
Dec 27, 2013, 01:22 PM
I love my UE Boom.

Agreed, this is an awesome speaker. I have the UE Boombox and the UE mini. Highly recommended!