Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ClarkeB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
I was scanning Newsweek at the doctor's office today and noticed an article on HP. Throuhgout the article, they mention HP's "iPod copycat" and then there was this image...

bluepod.jpg

Anyone know how old this is (could it be what the original Apple iPod from HP was going to be before they decided to just engrave HP on the back and put it in a new box with directions for 'doze users?)?

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
that was in fact the prototype for the hPod, but they decided to wait for the 4G ipods, and i guess it was better to keep it white in the end. the color is quoted as "HP Blue" during that conference.

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
Yep bennetsaysargh is right like last year around this time they wanted it to be that color. I have no clue why. Mabey they thought some people would want an iPod but didnt want to have it white??? :confused: But anyways what happened to the HP iPods anyways I havent seen that many ads lately. Are they not getting enough shipments or something?

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I thought that I had heard the Hpod had been discontinued. I haven't seen it advertised anywhere. Beofre I was seeing a bunch of TV ads

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.