PDA

View Full Version : G-Form Protection, iPad dropped from 500 Feet

RossMc
Apr 24, 2011, 11:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKNdknJI53Q&feature=player_embedded
:p

mutantblack
Apr 24, 2011, 11:43 PM
first bowling ball, now 500 ft drop. This case is amazing.

benjayman2
Apr 24, 2011, 11:59 PM
Wow that's crazy. Their bowling ball test was already enough for me.

ZipZap
Apr 25, 2011, 05:41 AM
Bowling ball test in impressive.

Doubt, however, that the case could protect an Ipad dropped from 500 ft onto concrete.

If it could, they would have filmed that feat.

Nevertheless, the case does affort excellent protection for everyday use.

I just dont like the surface design, and since there is no stand ...its impractical for most here who want an all around case.

Ommid
Apr 25, 2011, 06:00 AM
Lol, madness!!

danrel
Apr 25, 2011, 07:50 AM
Pretty damned impressive, but I wonder how well it would protect an iPad if the the impact was a bit slower but with the same about of pressure. I ask this because who really, in the real world is going to get jump-kicked in their backpack. Most real-world impacts would involve pressure but applied much more slowly thus(most likely) not giving the case that sudden immense impact that's needed to stiffen the sleeve material...

Zodiak
Apr 25, 2011, 11:13 AM
Looks like a transformer lol nice :)

ppark
Apr 25, 2011, 01:35 PM
HAHA! Still amazed by the comments people left on youtube to gripe. Seriously, that's pretty damn impressive, and very doubtful people are going to need more impact protection than that... On a side note: I bet it can't protect from getting run over by a truck on asphalt. :rolleyes:

I can't wait to get one and start chucking it everywhere and freak people out. Orrr put other people's iPads in there and start throwing it around. :p