PDA

View Full Version : picture of your car

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

pilotkid
Aug 26, 2007, 08:56 PM
Nu, but I can tell you that it's ********* hot outside and the A/C better be on in that car :D
You know whats funny? That was in the garage AND our garage is insulated! Outside it was about 115!!!!!!! Gotta love AZ:rolleyes:
EDIT: Wait, I just saw your location, your in St. Louis!? I lived in Chesterfield for 5 years, I would rather have 115 and 5% humidity than 95 and 80% humidity! Anyday!

yg17
Aug 26, 2007, 09:20 PM
You know whats funny? That was in the garage AND our garage is insulated! Outside it was about 115!!!!!!! Gotta love AZ:rolleyes:
EDIT: Wait, I just saw your location, your in St. Louis!? I lived in Chesterfield for 5 years, I would rather have 115 and 5% humidity than 95 and 80% humidity! Anyday!

Yep, I'm between Chesterfield (home) and Rolla (college). And yeah, the humidity is hell here. A couple weeks ago, it was well over 100 (I know we set a new record on one day, I think 106) and the humidity was close to 100% too. I took my dog out for a walk (and she normally loves to be outside) and she dragged me right back in....I think if she could talk, she would've said "wtf are you taking me out here before, bring be back inside now dammit!"

It was hot to the point where a car A/C just couldn't do anything. The only thing that made it worth the drive to work (well, other than the paycheck) was that my cubicle was right above a huge datacenter and the cool air from that would keep us nice and cool upstairs :D

mattcube64
Aug 27, 2007, 12:51 AM
Finally had a chance to detail the car, get my camera all set-up, and find a nice backdrop:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1096/1246011590_f704961e2c_o.jpg

Britanium
Aug 27, 2007, 03:52 PM
Finally had a chance to detail the car, get my camera all set-up, and find a nice backdrop:
<snip image>

Looks like a commercial :)

Xander562
Aug 27, 2007, 04:38 PM
600hp/ 1000+tq
twin turbos and a bunch of other goodies.

<snip images>

Wow, congratulations! You've caused global warming.... :(:mad: ...man i wish I was that cool....

ryannel2003
Aug 27, 2007, 04:51 PM
<snip>

Love it :)

ryannel2003
Aug 27, 2007, 05:00 PM
To the 3800 V6 making 210 HP, GM let it rot on the vine. Here GM had an engine despite GM's reputation of making POS cars, where people would say it was bulletproof, but they let it die. Although it makes sense to kill it now due to it being a 90 degree V6 and would require a huge engine bay to fit it in. While the newer 3500 VVT V6 and 3900 VVT V6 are much smaller due to them being 60 degree V6's. But, how their killing it is unacceptable. Letting it rot on the vine without major updates. They should of updated it, but gave the notion it will be killed.

To the S2000's engine. Yes, it is impressive that it can make 237 HP from a 2 liter engine. But, the torque is a pathetic 162 lb of torque. Look where it develops the power. 237 HP at 7800 RPM( redline is 8000 RPM) and 162 lb of torque at 6800 lb of torque. So the motor itself is rather gutless in the low range, but since it is in a rather light vehicle, you can't tell since it can still move the S2000 pretty well. The people who put high value in the HP/litre talk are pretty much ricers. IMHO, it is only acceptable in Europe due to them being taxed based on the size of the engine. But, here in the US where we aren't taxed on the size of the engine, who really cares? Let's use the LS7 for example. It makes 505 HP, but requires 7 liters of displacement to do that. But, why should we worry about it being 7 liters? We don't get taxed on the displacement of it and it makes incredible HP yet gets pretty respectable fuel economy( 16/26 using the 2007 EPA tests and 15/24 on the new '08 tests in the Z06). So why really go into it being such a large displacement?

The 3.8L V6 is an extremely reliable engine that GM has been using for a while now. The new 3.9L V6 might make more horsepower and low end torque, but it's longtime reliability is unknown. The 3.8 has been used in many forms and is really powerful when SuperCharged. It's also extremely smooth even though the technology is outdated. The 3.8 also had a variant (I believe it was the 3.1L V6 SFI used in Malibu's, previous generation Monte Carlo's, etc.). I find the power of it in the Grand Prix very decent for a sedan of it's size. It also gets very decent gas mileage while delivering decent performance.

ErikCLDR
Aug 27, 2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah, Clarkson may have something against American cars, but what about all of the people in the US refuse to buy a foreign car and hate them? I suppose that's OK?

Hell, I'm an American, lived here all my life and hate American cars.

I am an American too and I dislike most American cars, but they are the only people out that make 3/4 ton, ton, or higher pickup truck or SUV.

Anyways. The thing I dislike about Clarskson is that he'll drive a 150,000-300,000 Bentley or Aston Martin and show how poorly it is built and how bad it's ergonomics are. Then he says they are the greatest thing in the world and loves them. Then he'll drive a $60,000 Corvette, say how great it is to drive and how it outperforms a $180,000 or w/e Ferrari and then continues to say he'd never buy one because they have cheap interior. Meanwhile, in the Bentley when you shut the center console the ashtray pops open. And to him it seems German cars are fun to drive but too complicated to operate.

That BBC Propoganda:p

Oh yea and on their off-road test they had a Range Rover vs a Grand Cherokee vs an X5 vs a Land Cruiser. What about a G500 offroad, that thing has a significantly better 4WD system then the Range Rover. The G500 is also based off of a military truck similar to the Hummer. Also the Range Rover is obviously going to be the best because it has an $80,000 interior not a $30,000 one in the jeep.

techie4life
Aug 27, 2007, 05:53 PM
The family Scion xB Release Series 2.0:

If you guys like xB's so much, did you see mine?

daneoni
Aug 27, 2007, 06:49 PM
Wow, congratulations! You've caused global warming.... :(:mad: ...man i wish I was that cool....

I knew that was coming but yeah all that smoke can't be good for anybody

backsidetailsli
Aug 27, 2007, 06:58 PM
Monster Rig.
<snip images>
LOVE THIS!!!!!

yg17
Aug 27, 2007, 07:06 PM
I am an American too and I dislike most American cars, but they are the only people out that make 3/4 ton, ton, or higher pickup truck or SUV.

Which means nothing to me when I don't plan on ever owning a truck or an SUV and hope that the last time I ever drive an SUV in my life was 2 months ago when I was given one as a rental.

ErikCLDR
Aug 27, 2007, 07:23 PM
Which means nothing to me when I don't plan on ever owning a truck or an SUV and hope that the last time I ever drive an SUV in my life was 2 months ago when I was given one as a rental.

I know, but I am just stating a fact. No other country makes a 3/4 ton pickup thats sold in America.

WillJS
Aug 27, 2007, 07:31 PM
Love the quoting of images.. especially the one with 5 pictures... twice. :rolleyes:

kainjow
Aug 27, 2007, 08:17 PM
I bought a scooter recently. Yes, not a car, but a replacement for it (at least before winter comes). I absolutely love it.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1064/975160221_a3543a8395.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kainjow/sets/72157601140324236/)

(click for more)

WillJS
Aug 27, 2007, 09:41 PM
I bought a scooter recently. Yes, not a car, but a replacement for it (at least before winter comes). I absolutely love it.

(snip)

(click for more)

Wow, very nice. Wear your helmet! I see to many good people forget about that, I miss them. ;) (Case in point, be safe.. which I'm sure you are)

Revlefty
Aug 27, 2007, 11:05 PM
While I agree that he does come out with some idiotic ***** sometimes, there's no denying he knows his stuff. Care to mention some examples where he's come out with wrong information? I'm not talking about dumb opinion stuff, just poor info.

As for his hate for American cars, I don't think he does per se, indeed he spent a huge amount of his own money on a GT40.

Here's a few that i've seen. He said that the Mustang GT500 has a Supercharged 4.6, when it's a supercharged 5.4. He had one skit that he put a Mustang against an actual horse. Which would have been a real funny skit except for the what he said as a 300HP V8 was actually a 200HP V6.

It's fine if he doesn't like the car, but go that far out of his way to embarrass the thing is insane. My favorite was when he put a new Mustang GT against a Lotus Elise with full race setup, slicks and all!

You're right that torque is important, but different cars have different characters and a high power light revvy suits the S2000, whereas it wouldn't suit a Mustang which prefers a big 'lazy' V8 or whatever. Neither is the 'better' engine until you use it in situ in the car it was designed for.

Your absolutely right, neither is the better engine and I wasn't implying that on was. I was just saying that theres more to a motor then just Horsepower and the small high revving motors like in the S2000 make good HP numbers but pay the price in other areas.

contoursvt
Aug 29, 2007, 12:28 AM
Present
http://powerthings.com/pics/photos/contour2.jpg

Past
http://powerthings.com/pics/photos/capri.jpg

coffey7
Aug 29, 2007, 09:27 PM
Yeah, Clarkson may have something against American cars, but what about all of the people in the US refuse to buy a foreign car and hate them? I suppose that's OK?

Hell, I'm an American, lived here all my life and hate American cars.

Your only 21 years old how many bad American cars could you have actually owned? I have owned many(American cars) and have not had a problem with any of them. I have my first honda and that great also.

contoursvt
Aug 29, 2007, 10:26 PM
I believe (hope you dont mind me adding stuff to what you said) that any car be it domestic or import will serve well if properly taken care of. My Ford Contour is one of the most unreliable according to all kinds of books (calling it a lemon...etc), yet this was my mileage 2 months ago... had to take a pic of course :) One more thing. Lots of people actually see wear and tear items like clutches, suspension, brakes and tires as problem items so if they need replacing, all of a sudden the vehicle is unreliable! How crazy is that. I've met people that refused to change struts because they felt they shouldnt have to.

http://powerthings.com/pics/300km.jpg

Your only 21 years old how many bad American cars could you have actually owned? I have owned many(American cars) and have not had a problem with any of them. I have my first honda and that great also.

FadeToBlack
Aug 30, 2007, 01:12 AM
I believe (hope you dont mind me adding stuff to what you said) that any car be it domestic or import will serve well if properly taken care of. My Ford Contour is one of the most unreliable according to all kinds of books (calling it a lemon...etc), yet this was my mileage 2 months ago... had to take a pic of course :) One more thing. Lots of people actually see wear and tear items like clutches, suspension, brakes and tires as problem items so if they need replacing, all of a sudden the vehicle is unreliable! How crazy is that. I've met people that refused to change struts because they felt they shouldnt have to.

[IMG]

Man, that's awesome. That's on the original engine? Love those Contour SVT's, BTW. Very nice cars. I've always liked those...and the Taurus SHO. :cool:

contoursvt
Aug 30, 2007, 01:45 AM
Thanks :) It is the original engine and transmission but the clutch was changed at 193,000KM and very soon to be changed again. I do run synthetic in the engine and transmission so maybe that helps. Also the car gets driven hard on a daily basis. I definitly dont baby it and I'm not scared of the tach ;)

Man, that's awesome. That's on the original engine? Love those Contour SVT's, BTW. Very nice cars. I've always liked those...and the Taurus SHO. :cool:

quagmire
Aug 30, 2007, 02:21 AM

Kids to young adults have today have a preset notion that German> Japanese> American. Or at least in my area. You should see my schools parking lot. Filled with German vehicles( BMW's and MB's no less spoiled brats) and my friends swear by German vehicles. But, what can I say? Perception sucks sometimes doesn't it?

FadeToBlack
Aug 30, 2007, 04:06 AM
Thanks :) It is the original engine and transmission but the clutch was changed at 193,000KM and very soon to be changed again. I do run synthetic in the engine and transmission so maybe that helps. Also the car gets driven hard on a daily basis. I definitly dont baby it and I'm not scared of the tach ;)

I was under the impression that it had 300,000 miles on it. :eek:

That's still a lot of kilometers, though. 186,411.36 miles worth, according to the Unit Converter Dashboard widget.

I usually don't baby my car, either. ('02 Elantra GT) It sees over 4k just about every time I'm in it and it has seen the redline quite a few times, as well. I don't consider it driving the car hard, at least not in my case. More like just giving it a little workout. :cool:

taylorwilsdon
Aug 30, 2007, 04:23 AM
Kids to young adults have today have a preset notion that German> Japanese> American. Or at least in my area. You should see my schools parking lot. Filled with German vehicles( BMW's and MB's no less spoiled brats) and my friends swear by German vehicles. But, what can I say? Perception sucks sometimes doesn't it?

Uh, thats basically true. I'll tell you this - my '05 Jeep has gone through two MAJOR recalls involving life-critical problems (one was the breaks dieing prematurely). The 1984 Benz? None.

lilj4425
Aug 30, 2007, 09:35 AM
:D My ride:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r263/peacockdude/Picture149.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r263/peacockdude/Picture148.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r263/peacockdude/Picture150.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r263/peacockdude/Picture145.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r263/peacockdude/Picture147.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r263/peacockdude/Picture146.jpg

steviem
Aug 30, 2007, 10:46 AM
Present
http://powerthings.com/pics/photos/contour2.jpg

Ohh so Ford do the Mondeo in America but its called a Contour. I have a Mondeo, but it was given to me and is in nowhere near as good condition of yours.

Over here they are seen as a Sales Rep kind of car, and although it is pretty nice to drive, really isnt seen as an interesting car...

contoursvt
Aug 30, 2007, 10:55 AM
The Contour (this one is the SVT version which is the sportier one) is similar to the Mondeo ST24 which is the sport model in Europe. The SVT and I assume the ST24 have leather interior, firmer suspension, intake manifold which has been extrude honed for more flow, more aggressive computer and camshafts. They are about 200HP from the factory and only available in a 5 speed manual. Fun little sedans :)

Ohh so Ford do the Mondeo in America but its called a Contour. I have a Mondeo, but it was given to me and is in nowhere near as good condition of yours.

Over here they are seen as a Sales Rep kind of car, and although it is pretty nice to drive, really isnt seen as an interesting car...

aerove
Aug 30, 2007, 01:17 PM
:D My ride: <snip images>

woooooooooooooooo dude!!!! thats such a gr8 car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can i test drive it??:D

Really cool car! how does it handle btw??

ErikCLDR
Aug 30, 2007, 01:37 PM
Ok seriously people,

Breaks: Separations in something
Brakes: The the things that stop your car

Get it right :mad:

;)

lilj4425, prove it :P Post a pic with your car with a piece of paper on the hood that says lilj4425. Not that I don't trust newbs, it's just that I just don't trust newbs.

FJ218700
Aug 30, 2007, 02:53 PM
lilj4425, prove it :P Post a pic with your car with a piece of paper on the hood that says lilj4425. Not that I don't trust newbs, it's just that I just don't trust newbs.

that's too easy, he/she needs a to get a post-it note, write lilj4425 on it, stick it on the steering wheel, and get a picture of it with the tach reading at least 5000k

Wild-Bill
Aug 30, 2007, 02:59 PM
that's too easy, he/she needs a to get a post-it note, write lilj4425 written on it, stick it on the steering wheel, and get a picture of it with the tach reading at least 5000k

Yup. What ^ he said..

quagmire
Aug 30, 2007, 03:00 PM
Uh, thats basically true. I'll tell you this - my '05 Jeep has gone through two MAJOR recalls involving life-critical problems (one was the breaks dieing prematurely). The 1984 Benz? None.

Recalls not problems right? Lets see.... Toyota had to recall Sequoia's and the last gen Tundra for possible steering failure. Toyota had to recall the new Tundra for breaking camshafts. BMW might have to recall the 335i's due to the engine overheating due to the lack of an extra oil cooler with the automatic transmission( which they have added one if you order it correctly) and fuel pumps failing early( BMW put in a new high pressure fuel pump made by Bosch which all Post-March production is supposed to have). There is also inadequate cooling at cylinder's 5 and 6. So that might be a time bomb waiting to happen. All automakers have recalled their vehicles for a major problem sometime or later. Even the Germans. Using a 23 year old vehicle to say Mercedes is reliable especially when they really were reliable( or at least more reliable then they are now) is stupid. It's like comparing the domestic's POS products back in the 80's and saying due to that the domestics latest offerings are still a POS. Mercedes lately has hit a major quality dip. But, you'll probably attribute that to Daimler owning Chrysler and now that they sold Chrysler, reliability will rise...... BTW, Jeeps especially the GC has a lot of Mercedes tech( like the diesel engine). In matter of fact all the Germans have. VW especially.

BTW, using recalls isn't a good way on saying if a vehicle is reliable or not. Also, having an affected vehicle from the recalls means your vehicle has the POTENTIAL of the problem occurring. Doesn't mean you will experience it.

FJ218700
Aug 30, 2007, 03:19 PM
:D My ride:

Seeing as you are from Greenville and that there is a SC plate on the Element (can't make out the plate on the Ferrari), I whole-heartedly believe you. Not bad for a student at Tri-County Tech.

ErikCLDR
Aug 30, 2007, 05:24 PM
BTW, using recalls isn't a good way on saying if a vehicle is reliable or not. Also, having an affected vehicle from the recalls means your vehicle has the POTENTIAL of the problem occurring. Doesn't mean you will experience it.

I agree.

Every car has recalls, and I think they are a good thing. It's better them ignoring the problem.

I would be happy if one of my "breaks was dying prematurely". Does that mean something that is broken will fix itself quickly?

ErikCLDR
Aug 30, 2007, 05:34 PM
that's too easy, he/she needs a to get a post-it note, write lilj4425 on it, stick it on the steering wheel, and get a picture of it with the tach reading at least 5000k

Sounds Good to me.

mad jew
Aug 30, 2007, 08:11 PM

Does it really matter whether it's lilj4425's car or not? ;)

lilj4425
Aug 30, 2007, 09:21 PM
I'll take a pic of me with it this weekend and post it just to prove to everybody it's my car. :)

quagmire
Aug 30, 2007, 10:03 PM
I'll take a pic of me with it this weekend and post it just to prove to everybody it's my car. :)

Why not tomorrow? It will take you 2-3 days to do a good photoshop job? :p

zap2
Aug 30, 2007, 10:09 PM
Ok seriously people,

Breaks: Separations in something
Brakes: The the things that stop your car

Get it right :mad:

Lol...its the internet, if its one of those two, I'm fine!

:P Post a pic with your car with a piece of paper on the hood that says lilj4425. Not that I don't trust newbs, it's just that I just don't trust newbs.

Seems like a poor thing to lie about, its not like we're going to befriend him because he has a nice car.

(**Sends me to lilj4425 asking for money***
:p

yg17
Aug 30, 2007, 10:29 PM

Um yeah, I can go up to the Ferrari dealer too and take a pic of me sitting in it and say it's my car :rolleyes:

Scott982
Aug 30, 2007, 10:30 PM
Old Ride - 2002 Honda CBR 600f4i

I got tired of riding my stuntbike 20+ miles to class each day so I finally got another car.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/scottb982/1308516475_l.jpg

New Ride - 2007 Subaru WRX

I love this car!!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/scottb982/IMG_0262.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/scottb982/IMG_0263.jpg

lilj4425
Aug 30, 2007, 10:59 PM
Why not tomorrow? It will take you 2-3 days to do a good photoshop job? :p

No. I am going to be out of town until Saturday.

FadeToBlack
Aug 31, 2007, 01:07 AM
New Ride - 2007 Subaru WRX

I love this car!!

[IMG]

Very nice! Love the Boxer engine sound! How do you feel about the '08 WRX? Seems there's a lot of people out there that don't like the new bodystyle. Me, I actually really like 'em. Both the sedan and hatchback. Quite different than the previous generation, but they look great, IMO.

aerove
Aug 31, 2007, 02:14 AM
the sedan looks way better than the hatchback...

Chrismcfall
Aug 31, 2007, 11:14 AM
The Contour (this one is the SVT version which is the sportier one) is similar to the Mondeo ST24 which is the sport model in Europe. The SVT and I assume the ST24 have leather interior, firmer suspension, intake manifold which has been extrude honed for more flow, more aggressive computer and camshafts. They are about 200HP from the factory and only available in a 5 speed manual. Fun little sedans :)

I like it. The ST220 one we get in the UK looks great. Rarer than a DB9;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0d/Ford_Mondeo_ST220_Blue.jpg/800px-Ford_Mondeo_ST220_Blue.jpg

mBurns
Aug 31, 2007, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=lilj4425;4111099]:D My ride:

Very nice.

Nugget
Sep 2, 2007, 05:28 PM
Three generations of BOFHmobile, my last three cars:

http://macnugget.org/albums/cars/bofh_evolution.sized.jpg (http://macnugget.org/photos/cars/bofh_evolution)

Most recently:
http://macnugget.org/albums/2007c2s/IMG_1342.thumb.jpghttp://macnugget.org/albums/2007c2s/DSC_0692.thumb.jpghttp://macnugget.org/albums/2007c2s/DSC_0690.thumb.jpg (http://macnugget.org/photos/2007c2s)

phungy
Sep 3, 2007, 05:32 PM
Waiting for lilj4425's pics...

Nugget
Sep 3, 2007, 05:39 PM
Waiting for lilj4425's pics...

Yeah, that's not going to happen. lilj4425 is only 19 and he lives in South Carolina, not in Missouri (as the plates on that Ferrari show). He drives a Toyota Tacoma according to his myspace profile (http://www.myspace.com/lilj4425).

WillJS
Sep 3, 2007, 06:02 PM
Yeah, that's not going to happen. lilj4425 is only 19 and he lives in South Carolina, not in Missouri (as the plates on that Ferrari show). He drives a Toyota Tacoma according to his myspace profile (http://www.myspace.com/lilj4425).

I love the internet. :p (nice catch)

pilotkid
Sep 3, 2007, 07:44 PM
hahahaha, thats great. I wonder if we'll see any more postings from him, now that he got caught lying?

Nugget
Sep 3, 2007, 07:48 PM
Ain't the Internet grand? Sometimes I wonder what we all did before Google.

mad jew
Sep 3, 2007, 08:06 PM
That's fantastic! Read some of the comments on his profile! :D

steamboat26
Sep 3, 2007, 08:10 PM
This is gonna be my car come Wednesday, although it is gonna be forest green

ErikCLDR
Sep 3, 2007, 09:14 PM
This is gonna be my car come Wednesday, although it is gonna be forest green

Subaru. Good choice. It will be A LOT more reliable than those european cars you were looking at. Additionally parts will cost a lot less.

What year? How many miles?

yg17
Sep 3, 2007, 09:58 PM

While I don't believe him one bit, and am not defending him, those definitely aren't Missouri plates, and there's only one Ferrari dealer in STL and they go by the name "Bentley St. Louis" (although they sell Ferraris, Lambos, and any other car that costs more than a small house). I was a bit confused by that to say the least, but there are smaller towns and counties in the US named St. Louis, so that may explain it. Either way, he's full of crap and thanks for proving it :D

As for me, I've decided for this on my next car:
http://www.hostdub.com/albums/VTECeateR/DSC_7600_edited_1.jpg

I just won't be getting it until I graduate in May :( But unless something radically changes in the car world, I'm dead set on that. 2008 Candy White GTI, 2 door, 6 speed manual, with all the available options including Sirius and navigation. I loves me a V-dub. Is it May yet? :D I'll have to special order it at the beginning of next year I think since GTIs are so hard to find as it is. But soon, it will be German engineering in da haus y'all! (I love, and miss, those commercials).

Nugget
Sep 3, 2007, 10:18 PM
While I don't believe him one bit, and am not defending him, those definitely aren't Missouri plates, and there's only one Ferrari dealer in STL and they go by the name "Bentley St. Louis" (although they sell Ferraris, Lambos, and any other car that costs more than a small house).

This definitely falls into the category of "beating a dead horse" but hey -- this is the Internet -- after the horse is dead we skin it and learn to play drums.

The "FERRARI SERVICE ST. LOUIS" license plate frame does appear to have come from the dealer in STL that you mention. Google search comes up with several hits that indicate that it's a trade name for "St. Louis Motorsports, LLC." which also owns "Bentley St. Louis" among other things. As a clincher, here's an ebay auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=84156&item=190136685986) from last month for another Ferrari sold by ST. LOUIS MOTORSPORTS, One Arnage Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63005 who also claim to be Bentley St. Louis. The pics of that Ferrari show the same license plate frame.

I admit that at first I thought the plate was a D.C. plate (Taxation without representation!) but that turned out not to be right, so I just winged it and assumed that it was a Missouri plate but perhaps a special "DEALER NEW" plate with a color scheme I wasn't familiar with (not being from the area). According to the state website (http://dor.mo.gov/mvdl/motorv/plates/), "Missouri offers close to 200 different license plate designs" so I figured the odds were in my favor. :)

EDIT: In other, more positive news, the GTI is a fantastic car. You'll love it. A cow-orker of mine has one and autocrosses it with us. It's a blast to drive.

yg17
Sep 3, 2007, 10:47 PM
Ahh, OK. I've seen a small handful of Ferraris around here and IIRC, they all had the STL Bentley plate frames. they must've changed.

As far as the state goes, no idea. I'm 100% sure it's not Missouri. On vanity plates here, the lettering is made up of really thick stickers, rather than being pressed in, and that looks pressed in. Plus, MO unfortunately requires a front plate too which that car is missing. Oh well, not that big of a deal :D

Quicksilver867
Sep 4, 2007, 08:44 AM
'92 240SX with a Silvia S15 front end.

Quicksilver867
Sep 4, 2007, 12:31 PM
Here's another pic, and a list of some major mods:

Engine: Nissan SR20DET 2.0L Turbo (about 300HP at the wheels)
Transmission: Nissan 5 speed manual
Other fun stuff:
-HKS blow off valve
-HKS exhaust
-Exedy stage 1 clutch
-KAAZ limited slip differential
-Enkei Racing NT03 wheels
-Silvia S15 front conversion w/projector headlights and painted carbon fiber hood

SpookTheHamster
Sep 4, 2007, 12:39 PM
For a modified Jap car that's actually quite tasteful, it looks mean. Shame about the huge rear bumpers that American cars have to have though.

Quicksilver867
Sep 4, 2007, 12:45 PM
Haha, thanks. I like to stray away from the civic-with-a-muffler style of doing things. And yeah, it's a shame about bumper regulations...although they are there for pedestrian-impact protection, or so they say. (of course, referring to front bumpers when I say that :D)

aerove
Sep 4, 2007, 02:49 PM
gr8 lukin car ..!! maybe u can put up some decals on ur ride Quicksilver867 btw .. gr8 paintjob..

Quicksilver867
Sep 4, 2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks! And I may or may not put some decals on it, because I'm trying to keep a really subtle/sleeper look.

FadeToBlack
Sep 4, 2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks! And I may or may not put some decals on it, because I'm trying to keep a really subtle/sleeper look.

Just my opinion, but I think you should leave it clean. It looks GREAT as-is. Oddly enough, I believe that's the first time I've seen an S15 front end swapped onto an S13. Looks really good.

Quicksilver867
Sep 4, 2007, 05:39 PM
I have actually seen a few others, but it's a difficult process to do it. Lining up the fenders right is obnoxious, as is making custom mounts for the headlights.

steamboat26
Sep 4, 2007, 08:02 PM
Subaru. Good choice. It will be A LOT more reliable than those european cars you were looking at. Additionally parts will cost a lot less.

What year? How many miles?

1995 Legacy LS, coming up on 160,000 miles, but the owners (all one family) have kept fantastic care of the car. They have almost every service record, and recently put a nice bit of work into it [tires, brakes, tuneup (timing belt, water pump, seals, and valves)] so I am feeling fairly confident about the purchase, despite the high-ish miles.

SpookTheHamster
Sep 5, 2007, 08:54 AM
For the love of God don't put stickers all over it. It's a car, not a shopping list! People will know your car's quick when they make the mistake of racing it.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did all of that set you back? Did you do the work yourself?

Nugget
Sep 5, 2007, 09:22 AM
For the love of God don't put stickers all over it. It's a car, not a shopping list!

http://macnugget.org/albums/tboicey_comics/modern_rice.gif (http://macnugget.org/photos/tboicey_comics/)

So true :)

steviem
Sep 5, 2007, 10:04 AM
I have actually seen a few others, but it's a difficult process to do it. Lining up the fenders right is obnoxious, as is making custom mounts for the headlights.

I have seen this too a few times. the other way surprisingly looks good too.

Makes me hope I get a good bonus this year, I could really go for an s13 now the insurance is a bit fairer for me.

Quicksilver867
Sep 5, 2007, 04:59 PM
For the love of God don't put stickers all over it. It's a car, not a shopping list! People will know your car's quick when they make the mistake of racing it.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did all of that set you back? Did you do the work yourself?

Haha, that's very true! And yeah, it's taken on Corvettes and the like, and has won about 98% of races to date. And about the cost...let's just say I haven't totaled it up for a reason. :eek:

-About the work, I did a fair share, like installing the seats, headlights, wheels/tires, exhaust, and some other little stuff. Major body work and the engine install were done by people much more knowledgeable in those fields than myself.

ObsidianIce
Sep 5, 2007, 08:17 PM
Quicksilver..if you put decals on your car i'm coming to NY and ripping them all off. I'm a fellow Nissan enthusiast...keep it clean! If you're putting down 300 to the wheels what other mods do you have? Red top? black top? Share the wealth! It's nice to know there are other people on here who mod their cars as well!

Here's another pic, and a list of some major mods:

Engine: Nissan SR20DET 2.0L Turbo (about 300HP at the wheels)
Transmission: Nissan 5 speed manual
Other fun stuff:
-HKS blow off valve
-HKS exhaust
-Exedy stage 1 clutch
-KAAZ limited slip differential
-Enkei Racing NT03 wheels
-Silvia S15 front conversion w/projector headlights and painted carbon fiber hood

lilj4425
Sep 6, 2007, 09:16 AM

Don't you just love me. :D I don't get on myspace much anymore though. Actually, it is a South Carolina plate. It's one of the older green ones that says "nothing could be finer." It was taken downtown.

aerove
Sep 6, 2007, 10:51 AM
heh heh cool guys!!! i liked the blue paintjob a lot !! but some people prefer havin decals... :rolleyes: !! btw i'm a huge ferrari fan!!:cool:

Quicksilver867
Sep 6, 2007, 05:21 PM
Quicksilver..if you put decals on your car i'm coming to NY and ripping them all off. I'm a fellow Nissan enthusiast...keep it clean! If you're putting down 300 to the wheels what other mods do you have? Red top? black top? Share the wealth! It's nice to know there are other people on here who mod their cars as well!

All right, I get it!! No decals for the 'SX/S15. It's running a redtop from an S13, with about 40,000 miles on it when bought. At the moment it has an HKS GT2385 turbo, but it has a pretty (well, very) conservative tune right now. There are also new camshafts, pistons and rods, a metal head gasket, underdrive pulleys, high flow injectors, etc. I didn't personally oversee the engine mods, so I'm sorry I can't provide great detail. However, there is an HKS 2.2L stroker kit in the works. :D

BoyBach
Sep 6, 2007, 05:51 PM
http://macnugget.org/albums/tboicey_comics/modern_rice.gif (http://macnugget.org/photos/tboicey_comics/)

Is that a spoiler on the roof of the bottom care? <- Where did that 'e' come from?

:eek:

(What a tool!)

ObsidianIce
Sep 6, 2007, 10:46 PM
All right, I get it!! No decals for the 'SX/S15. It's running a redtop from an S13, with about 40,000 miles on it when bought. At the moment it has an HKS GT2385 turbo, but it has a pretty (well, very) conservative tune right now. There are also new camshafts, pistons and rods, a metal head gasket, underdrive pulleys, high flow injectors, etc. I didn't personally oversee the engine mods, so I'm sorry I can't provide great detail. However, there is an HKS 2.2L stroker kit in the works. :D

Very nice i like it! I have a 96 i30t with a t404e turbo, planning to step up to a gt35 next year. No actual bottom end engine work done on it yet..mostly bolt ons, has a variable intake added, 550 cc injectors, clutchnet 6 puck clutch, blah, blah blah. So far it's put down 380 to the wheels. I have a greddy emanage ultimate that i'm hoping to install soon along with a 3inch exhaust finally. THe SAFC is just tooo crude a tuner. I'm pretty much at the limits of what i can put down on the tranny, the nissan FWD tranny's really can't take much abuse, but already have plans for a new tranny with quaife differential and PPG or PAR performance 3rd and 4th gears. Front and rear BBK..Do-Luck doubesix rims...lol, cars are never done lol. I love the look of your car, very sleeper. ok..i went off on a bit of a rant there, lol love talking about cars so i'll stop. :p

Nugget
Sep 6, 2007, 11:14 PM
Is that a spoiler on the roof of the bottom care

Don't you realize that a front wheel drive car needs EXTRA downforce over the rear wheels?!

MrDynamite
Sep 7, 2007, 03:38 AM
Phew, all these exotic American cars, never see those rides in my town :)

Well here's my humble CitroŽn C3, a 'super-mini', just the family car. I have a van as well, a CitroŽn Jumpy, but I don't have any pics of that at the moment.

So here's some French finesse:

http://users.telenet.be/cosmictest/c3_a.jpg

http://users.telenet.be/cosmictest/c3_b.jpg

(Pics taken in the Ardennes btw)

Quicksilver867
Sep 8, 2007, 12:28 PM
Very nice i like it! I have a 96 i30t with a t404e turbo, planning to step up to a gt35 next year. No actual bottom end engine work done on it yet..mostly bolt ons, has a variable intake added, 550 cc injectors, clutchnet 6 puck clutch, blah, blah blah. So far it's put down 380 to the wheels. I have a greddy emanage ultimate that i'm hoping to install soon along with a 3inch exhaust finally. THe SAFC is just tooo crude a tuner. I'm pretty much at the limits of what i can put down on the tranny, the nissan FWD tranny's really can't take much abuse, but already have plans for a new tranny with quaife differential and PPG or PAR performance 3rd and 4th gears. Front and rear BBK..Do-Luck doubesix rims...lol, cars are never done lol. I love the look of your car, very sleeper. ok..i went off on a bit of a rant there, lol love talking about cars so i'll stop. :p

Sounds like you have a nice setup there! The reason mine is tuned so conservatively at the moment is because I haven't taken it to the drag strip for a while, so I don't see a reason to burn a ton of fuel running 350+HP around town, etc.

davidwarren
Sep 8, 2007, 01:48 PM
2001 bmw 325i

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/davidwarren/Image023.jpg

That was taken right after I had it up on a jack and before the springs settled back down, so it has that 4X4 look.

yg17
Sep 8, 2007, 03:45 PM
Phew, all these exotic American cars, never see those rides in my town :)

Don't worry, you're not missing much :D

Cybergypsy
Sep 8, 2007, 03:54 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1081/1343289784_d7ce0122d1_b.jpg

mfacey
Sep 9, 2007, 01:05 AM

I don't get it. You probably spent a considerable amount of cash to get all these mods installed. If you want a faster car why don't you just buy a faster car???? I've read about people buying an standard Impreza (for example) and then modding it for over $100,000 :eek: Just buy a faster car in the first place for $130,000!
Am I missing something here?:confused:

quagmire
Sep 9, 2007, 01:27 AM
I don't get it. You probably spent a considerable amount of cash to get all these mods installed. If you want a faster car why don't you just buy a faster car???? I've read about people buying an standard Impreza (for example) and then modding it for over $100,000 :eek: Just buy a faster car in the first place for $130,000!

It's easy. They're called ricers. There mentality is, " Add one huge wing to the rear equals faster then Corvette performance." Sort of like this guy....

http://www.streetracersonline.com/gallery/albums/userpics/14518/normal_ricer.jpg

:p

Anyway, still that is there mentality in a way. They buy a crappy Civic and add all of these mods to it, decals, HID's( which blind the crap out of people because A) the housing wasn't designed for them and B) Weren't properly adjusted), S/C, NOS, etc. So they can go faster then a Corvette or a Porsche. Really, there snobishness and arrogance are worse the BMW owners thinking they own the road. Frankly, I would buy the Corvette over a riced up Civic. At least the Corvette is designed to handle the HP and not blow up on me. Plus, I don't have to gain muscle mass in my arms to control that POS FWD torque steer! ;)

macquariumguy
Sep 9, 2007, 05:20 AM
I don't get it.

It's all about personalization, making the car 'yours', knowing what the insides look like, and at the same time having a bond with your peers because you're the same kind of car guy as them.

Personally, I think ricers are picked on too much. We did plenty of stupid things to our cars in the 60s & 70s that no doubt annoyed the hell out of our parents. I don't think a fart can on a civic is any more dumb than the glass packs we used to install on otherwise low-performance cars.

quagmire
Sep 9, 2007, 03:59 PM
It's all about personalization, making the car 'yours', knowing what the insides look like, and at the same time having a bond with your peers because you're the same kind of car guy as them.

Personally, I think ricers are picked on too much. We did plenty of stupid things to our cars in the 60s & 70s that no doubt annoyed the hell out of our parents. I don't think a fart can on a civic is any more dumb than the glass packs we used to install on otherwise low-performance cars.

But, with ricers, it's above personalization. It is more about ego boosting. Again, there thought process is, " Buy a Civic. Add huge wing, HID's, NOS, turbo it to hell, and put decals all over the car. With this I will be able to crush a Corvette!" Adding HP and doing some kind of mods is ok. Hell, BMW owners use PROCEDE to get more power out of the N54 engine( the Twin Turbo Inline 6). That's ok because it's nothing too ridiculous. At my Chevy dealer a person has a black Z06 where he removed the Corvette badges and replaced them with the batman symbol. He also tinted the headlight housing a bit. That's a cool mod IMHO. He didn't go over the top. Most ricers go over the top. And their attitude is sickening.

ryannel2003
Sep 9, 2007, 04:15 PM
But, with ricers, it's above personalization. It is more about ego boosting. Again, there thought process is, " Buy a Civic. Add huge wing, HID's, NOS, turbo it to hell, and put decals all over the car. With this I will be able to crush a Corvette!" Adding HP and doing some kind of mods is ok. Hell, BMW owners use PROCEDE to get more power out of the N54 engine( the Twin Turbo Inline 6). That's ok because it's nothing too ridiculous. At my Chevy dealer a person has a black Z06 where he removed the Corvette badges and replaced them with the batman symbol. He also tinted the headlight housing a bit. That's a cool mod IMHO. He didn't go over the top. Most ricers go over the top. And their attitude is sickening.

What's also sickening is that it's just not Civic's anymore. I'm starting to see alot more Camry and Accord's with the huge wings and obnoxious rims. It really kills me with the Camry's because the cars weren't meant for stupid little add-ons like that. I don't know, I just don't like seeing them.

ObsidianIce
Sep 9, 2007, 04:31 PM

There are lots of reasons. The average person does not buy a 30k car and spend 100k on it. A lot of people can only afford a car that's 20k, 30k or less. But they can afford to make modifications to that car. Do you know the insurance on those 100k cars is well over 15k a year alone? Me..hey..i can't easily afford to buy a 911 Carrera 4s..but guess what..the car i spent a whole lot less on has blown the doors off of a carrera many a time. And by no means am I a ricer. Not to mention it's a daily driver, that had taken me from texas to south carolina and back quite comfortably and quickly without a single issue. You buy the car you like and the car you can afford. It's a personal/Finance issue. Ricer's exist yes, we all know it, and many do have crappy attitudes but just because you buy a financially cheaper car and modify it does not make you a ricer. Not to mention I know several..and i mean several people driving Vipers, M3s, M5s, Vettes, Porsches, who have attitudes that are just as crappy as that "ricer in the civic."

anyways that just my $0.02.

ErikCLDR
Sep 9, 2007, 04:50 PM
Personally I like cars stock. They come the way they are because that is how they were designed. I think most "personalized" cars look completely stupid. Giant Chrome rims are stupid. Putting a massive spoiler on your car that doesn't match looks stupid. Things like that to me just ruin the look of the car.

There are some exceptions. Jacked up jeeps I think are fine. I would never want one, but jeeps are actually made to go off road and jacking it up will give you advantages. Jacked up pickup trucks are stupid though, because not many people go off-road with them and those who do will learn that not weight in the back and big overhangs is hurts off road performance. I saw a touareg the other day with aftermarket rims, and I must say they looked nice, because they actually MATCHED the car.

I guess thats the thing. Most aftermarket parts don't match the car. Even if they are fancy wheels- in most cases they just don't look right.

But this is coming from someone that likes symmetry and perfection and has a boring personality. :p

FadeToBlack
Sep 9, 2007, 07:17 PM
I usually keep all my cars stock or really close to stock. My Elantra has a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler on it, but it's set up to look stock and isn't ridiculously loud. When I first got it put on, I actually thought it was too quiet, but now that it's been on a while, it's gotten a bit louder and sounds great.

I have no problem at all with modifying your car, as long as it's done tastefully. (Quicksilver867's 240, for example. Very tasteful...and has the go to back up the show.)

I mean yeah, if people wanna put giant ugly wings and horrible looking body kits on their cars and ruin the looks of them, more power to 'em. It's their car. I just don't like it myself. :p

Verist
Sep 9, 2007, 07:36 PM
Here is my 2005 S2000 http://b3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00521/37/96/521116973_l.jpg A few aftermarket parts

ObsidianIce
Sep 9, 2007, 08:03 PM
Here is my 2005 S2000 http://b3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00521/37/96/521116973_l.jpg A few aftermarket parts

very nice! The s2000 is a great car...a motorcycle with 4 wheels:p. 2005 is when they went to the 2.2 right?

Quicksilver867
Sep 9, 2007, 09:05 PM
Nice '2000 you've got there. :D But, about ricers, etc., I honestly don't see where people are coming from when calling my car rice. Sure it's a tuned up import, but I believe it's tastefully done. The Silvia headlight housings are meant for HIDs, and came with them from the factory. Turbocharged cars need somewhat large exhausts in order to reduce backpressure from the turbo. And about the cost, well the 'SX/Silvia (for lack of a better name) wasn't really that bad.

phungy
Sep 9, 2007, 09:39 PM
very nice! The s2000 is a great car...a motorcycle with 4 wheels:p. 2005 is when they went to the 2.4 right?

You mean the 2.2L ;)

ObsidianIce
Sep 9, 2007, 10:10 PM
You mean the 2.2L ;)

that's what I said! <whistles innocently>

Verist
Sep 9, 2007, 10:28 PM
very nice! The s2000 is a great car...a motorcycle with 4 wheels:p. 2005 is when they went to the 2.2 right?

They went to the 2.2L in 2004 in the US... I'm not sure in other markets, I think Japan got it last year. On the topic of rice, good, performance enhancing
parts should not be all labeled "rice"

poppe
Sep 9, 2007, 10:41 PM
Nice '2000 you've got there. :D But, about ricers, etc., I honestly don't see where people are coming from when calling my car rice. Sure it's a tuned up import, but I believe it's tastefully done. The Silvia headlight housings are meant for HIDs, and came with them from the factory. Turbocharged cars need somewhat large exhausts in order to reduce backpressure from the turbo. And about the cost, well the 'SX/Silvia (for lack of a better name) wasn't really that bad.

Me being a hater for everything rice I have to agree with your post. It was tastefuly done. I'd still probably call you a ricer, but I wouldn't make fun of you or your car. I would actually say "That would be pretty nice to have."

Funny thing about ricers and everything: I live near the 101 (like 5 feet from it on the 3rd floor) and I heard this ZZZZZZZZZZZ. I promise you (and I can't stress how dead serious I am) I though a bee was around my head. Then the sound got a littler clearer and I realized it was a coffee canned exhaust CRX. I could not believe that I had thought it was a bee. I wished so badly that someone would have been with me at that very moment.

MK2007
Sep 9, 2007, 10:49 PM
I like cars with a stock look too. The only personalization on my Mustang was the dealer removing the striping per my request. I did not want to drive a car that attracts attention in any way because I typically travel 80 - 100 MPH all the time. I have never received a speeding ticket in over 30 years of driving.

mperkins37
Sep 10, 2007, 02:29 AM
I just had the pleasure of driving my New Shelby Home today!
I started the wrecked car thread, & this is the replacement vehicle.
Drives like an adrenaline filled wet dream!

Habakuk
Sep 10, 2007, 06:23 AM
http://home.pages.at/heaven/cx/cx14_anim.gif

Citroën CX, 1984

http://pages.at/topspeed/ppm/cx_photos/ansichten/palais/palais13.jpg

The CX was voted European Car of the Year in 1975. It is considered by some enthusiasts as the last "real Citroën" before Peugeot took control of the company in 1974. "Real Citroën" refers to the trademark avant garde technical and design innovation, prized by marque loyalists.

The CX employed Citroën's unique hydropneumatic self-leveling suspension system supporting steering, brakes and supersoft suspension. "Spaceship" dashboard with rotating drum speedometer and three million technical specialties more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citroën_CX

I have it for sixteen years now and each minute inside is a pleasure not only for tec-freaks! For me personally it's the most beautiful & elegant car of all times and brands.

If you want some more photos just ask.

OscarTheGrouch
Sep 10, 2007, 01:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/wilsonfrom/Intrepid005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/wilsonfrom/Intrepid001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/wilsonfrom/Intrepid007.jpg

my baby, my 02 Trep.

Quicksilver867
Sep 10, 2007, 02:14 PM
For being 5 years old, that Intrepid looks nice and clean! I just hope it doesn't have the 2.7 V6, because I've seen a lot of those blown up.

OscarTheGrouch
Sep 10, 2007, 04:34 PM
For being 5 years old, that Intrepid looks nice and clean! I just hope it doesn't have the 2.7 V6, because I've seen a lot of those blown up.

nope. 3.5 engine. Shes great. Needs a little minor suspension/ drive train work right now(cv's etc nothing major), so I'm going easy on her, but otherwise shes a beauty. :cool:

WillJS
Sep 10, 2007, 06:05 PM

Very nice. Although, as I understand it, those aren't real Shelby's. Those are manufactured in Ford's plants and branded Shelby there. The real ones only come in white body/silver stripes & black body/silver stripes, and travel from Ford's plants to Las Vegas, California, to Mr. Shelby's own plant where they undergo various changes. How do I know? We have a black one in the garage. :D

(not to put your car down, it's b-e-a-utiful.)

macquariumguy
Sep 10, 2007, 07:07 PM
Very nice. Although, as I understand it, those aren't real Shelby's. Those are manufactured in Ford's plants and branded Shelby there.
You just described almost every Shelby Mustang built after 1966.

That new Shelby has got to be a lot of fun with 500 HP. Wanna trade for an afternoon. :D

WillJS
Sep 10, 2007, 07:35 PM
You just described almost every Shelby Mustang built after 1966.

That new Shelby has got to be a lot of fun with 500 HP. Wanna trade for an afternoon. :D

:D I'm just describing what was described to me.

Sorry for crappy image quality.. iPhone..

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7814/img0026fs2.jpg

macquariumguy
Sep 10, 2007, 07:48 PM
:D I'm just describing what was described to me.

Hopefully they put it on a diet. That's my biggest disappointment with the modern Mustang, at 4000 pounds, it's a porker. Having as much HP as a Z06 isn't going to help when you weigh 1000 pounds more.

WillJS
Sep 10, 2007, 07:55 PM
Hopefully they put it on a diet. That's my biggest disappointment with the modern Mustang, at 4000 pounds, it's a porker. Having as much HP as a Z06 isn't going to help when you weigh 1000 pounds more.

Yeah.. I don't think my 48 year old dad is going drifting any time soon though. :p It's there.. but whose going to use all of them [legally]

Revlefty
Sep 10, 2007, 10:35 PM

Yea, as much as it hurts to say this, I think Ford needs to get rid of Shelby. In the 60s taking a big heavy engine and throwing it into the car worked great but now it's not working. The GT500 is a big, 4000lbs, soft suspension and the solid rear axle that's been around since the 60s. The thing can't even keep up with a stock C6 Vette let alone the Z06.

Revlefty
Sep 10, 2007, 10:40 PM

I hate Shelby badges on a car that's not a real Shelby, but other then that I like your ride. That Cervini kit is nice.

roker
Sep 11, 2007, 12:00 AM
http://home.pages.at/heaven/cx/cx14_anim.gif

http://pages.at/topspeed/ppm/cx_photos/ansichten/palais/palais13.jpg

If you want some more photos just ask.

*Drool* Argh that thing is gorgeous!!! I want one soo much!!! More pics!! ;) :D

mperkins37
Sep 11, 2007, 12:41 AM
Very nice. Although, as I understand it, those aren't real Shelby's. Those are manufactured in Ford's plants and branded Shelby there. The real ones only come in white body/silver stripes & black body/silver stripes, and travel from Ford's plants to Las Vegas, California, to Mr. Shelby's own plant where they undergo various changes. How do I know? We have a black one in the garage.

(not to put your car down, it's b-e-a-utiful.)

Yeah, its actually a nicely done clone. The guy I bought it from has a cousin that builds them. He's sanctioned by & gets the parts for the transformation form the Cervini's shop, OOOOPS, I said Shelby. shop, He markets them as KC500
(King Cobra), It has 380 HP and A huge variety of options. ( I still haven't discovered them all)
6 cd Shaker 500 w/ mp3 support & phone.
Cruise control
My light 128 hues custom choice Led lit Gauges
Power Windows, Mirrors, Rearviews, 140 mph speedo Deluxe gauge setup with message center.
Power Leather seats with lumbar.
Custom turn signal/stop upgrade
Sick 20" rims
BF Goodrich xta's
and of course stainless sidepipes!
I am getting lojack installed, as well as hood pins as the hood scoops are functional & the hood vibrates & bobs a bit when traveling at excess speeds.
( Not that I Speed) :D
Been driving a bronco ll & Fiero GT for the last 10 years
Neither with a/c.
I paid my dues.
BTW, got it with 8125 miles, for $30,500.
:p :cool:

dap1215
Sep 13, 2007, 12:29 PM
Dis is my 06 VW Rabbit.. Its a fun car to drive.. Has the 18' rims, which makes it a dream on the corners..

macquariumguy
Sep 14, 2007, 03:42 PM
Taken this morning in the parking lot at work. Notable because I took it with my iPhone. Not a great pic, but not bad for a cell phone cam.
http://techquarium.com/gallery2z/d/19474-2/IMG_0137.jpg

product26
Sep 14, 2007, 09:34 PM
Holy crap! :eek: Nice truck, please don't run over me.

I went to pick up my car at the mechanic's shop yesterday and found it parked next to this red beauty. They look good together! :D

http://techquarium.com/gallery2z/d/19191-2/IMG_5756.jpg

sweeeet

yg17
Sep 15, 2007, 04:01 PM
Just placed my order for this car this morning:

http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/vw-gti-mkv.jpg

2008 White GTI, 2 door, 6 speed manual with the Autobahn package and iPod adapter. I got to test drive one (was the DSG though) as well. The salesguy handed me the keys and let me and my dad go off on our own and told us to take it out on the highway behind the dealer which is always empty.....lets just say, I had a 'lil bit of fun. Didn't even realize I was going 95 , the ride was extremely smooth and got up there in no time at all. This thing goes like hell. But that was just for fun, I was sold before I even got her off the lot.

Now, I wait. Is it December yet? :D

And after the test drive and looking at the cars there, my dad, who if you asked last night would have said he never wanted one, now wants a Jetta.

WillJS
Sep 15, 2007, 05:01 PM
Just placed my order for this car this morning:

<snip>

2008 White GTI, 2 door, 6 speed manual with the Autobahn package and iPod adapter. I got to test drive one (was the DSG though) as well. The salesguy handed me the keys and let me and my dad go off on our own and told us to take it out on the highway behind the dealer which is always empty.....lets just say, I had a 'lil bit of fun. Didn't even realize I was going 95 , the ride was extremely smooth and got up there in no time at all. This thing goes like hell. But that was just for fun, I was sold before I even got her off the lot.

And after the test drive and looking at the cars there, my dad, who if you asked last night would have said he never wanted one, now wants a Jetta.

Wow, that's awesome! Can't wait to see your pics of it. :D

yg17
Sep 15, 2007, 05:13 PM
Wow, that's awesome! Can't wait to see your pics of it. :D

And I can't wait to take them :D

It's actually not quite ordered yet, the sales manager was out of town this weekend, but he'll be calling me on Monday to finalize everything, but yeah, I can't ********* wait!

And Jeremy Clarkson wasn't lying. You can be going 30mph in 6th, step on the gas, and it takes off. No lag at all, it just goes. It was a fun car when I test drove it and I can't wait till mine comes

TheBusDriver
Sep 15, 2007, 06:11 PM
I saved this little beauty from impending doom. :D

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b312/stevo_2006/IMG_0070-1.jpg

puckhead193
Sep 15, 2007, 08:21 PM
[QUOTE=yg17;4186221]Just placed my order for this car this morning:

/QUOTE]

why such a long wait?

yg17
Sep 15, 2007, 09:26 PM
[quote=yg17;4186221]Just placed my order for this car this morning:

/QUOTE]

why such a long wait?

It's special order. So it needs to be built in Wolfsburg, Germany and then make its way to St. Louis. Which is fine though, these 3 months will help me save up for a larger downpayment and get my trade in's loan paid off a bit more.

jvencius
Sep 15, 2007, 09:44 PM
Here's my putt-putt-mobile. It's a 2K2 F-350, 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel, manual everything (tranny, t-case, hubs). It runs very nicely, considering that it was only stock for as long as it took me to drive from the dealership to my home (teaching myself how to drive a stick on the way :eek: ).

puckhead193
Sep 15, 2007, 11:07 PM
It's special order. So it needs to be built in Wolfsburg, Germany and then make its way to St. Louis. Which is fine though, these 3 months will help me save up for a larger downpayment and get my trade in's loan paid off a bit more.

ahh - 3 months isn't bad, my brother had to wait 6 for his RX 330

YS2003
Sep 22, 2007, 08:59 AM
After a month wait (as the car has to be manufactured at the plant to my specs), I just picked up my RX-8 this morning. It was like 7 km on the odometer when I picked up. I took the pictures after driving around to get used to the car's handling.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/YS2003/rx8_side_pix3.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/YS2003/rx8_side_pix1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/YS2003/IMG_0505.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/YS2003/IMG_0506.jpg

rickvanr
Sep 22, 2007, 09:23 AM
After a month wait (as the car has to be manufactured at the plant to my specs), I just picked up my RX-8 this morning. It was like 7 km on the odometer when I picked up. I took the pictures after driving around to get used to the car's handling.

<snip>

Auto, how boring. Are you in Europe?

YS2003
Sep 22, 2007, 09:30 AM
Auto, how boring. Are you in Europe?
I used to be a manual fanatic. But, I am a convert simply because it is almost as good as a manual (it has a 6 speed auto with a paddle shifter) and the stop-and-go traffic in the town/city areas make the manual an unattractive option for me. So far, I don't find this car boring. But, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion and preference.

rickvanr
Sep 22, 2007, 10:13 AM
I used to be a manual fanatic. But, I am a convert simply because it is almost as good as a manual (it has a 6 speed auto with a paddle shifter) and the stop-and-go traffic in the town/city areas make the manual an unattractive option for me. So far, I don't find this car boring. But, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion and preference.

First off, it's a beautiful car, know that I'm filled with envy. Sorry I didn't mention that right off the bat. Secondly, please excuse my ignorance. Paddle shifters sound pretty sweet, and it definitely is the more practical way to go and still have fun. Where are you from?

phungy
Sep 22, 2007, 05:12 PM
Im a poor college student, I have about a year and a half left at University of Florida for Electrical Engineering. I can totally see me ditchin the WRX in the future for, say a Tesla Roadster.

I know it's contradictory, but Im passionate about electric cars and environmental issues, hence my major and career path. Unluckily, my car is not worth very much $ (it has 62k miles, but a new engine, loooong story) so i can't sell it and get a more efficient, equally nice car.

I hear you, I'd love a Tesla Roadster :D:apple:

FadeToBlack
Sep 22, 2007, 05:41 PM

Love the RX-8, but I'm just wondering one thing - Why does yours have a redline at 7500? I thought they all had a 9k redline. Maybe it's because of the automatic transmission.

Love the car, but I woulda got a manual. :cool:

YS2003
Sep 22, 2007, 06:05 PM
Love the RX-8, but I'm just wondering one thing - Why does yours have a redline at 7500? I thought they all had a 9k redline. Maybe it's because of the automatic transmission.

Love the car, but I would got a manual. :cool:
For a 6-speed auto RX-8, Mazda had to reduce the red line by about 1000 rpm via-a-vis an 6-speed manual model, because the automatic cannot take a 9000 rpm spin. So, 35 hp loss (auto has 215 hp while a manual has 250 hp) is caused by the reduced red line. I was told the manual's extra 35 hp (compared to the auto) is squeezed out by those extra 1000 rpm spins.
Handling dynamics should be the same for both a manual and an automatic model as both are relatively light and have 50/50 weight balance.

FadeToBlack
Sep 23, 2007, 03:41 AM
For a 6-speed auto RX-8, Mazda had to reduce the red line by about 1000 rpm via-a-vis an 6-speed manual model, because the automatic cannot take a 9000 rpm spin. So, 35 hp loss (auto has 215 hp while a manual has 250 hp) is caused by the reduced red line. I was told the manual's extra 35 hp (compared to the auto) is squeezed out by those extra 1000 rpm spins.
Handling dynamics should be the same for both a manual and an automatic model as both are relatively light and have 50/50 weight balance.

Cool man, thanks for the info. I figured that was the case, but wasn't sure. Manual or Automatic, the RX-8 is still a great car. I've seen a couple around here (very small town) and just about every time I see one, I'm looking at it and drooling. :D

Mark-Mac-Attack
Sep 23, 2007, 12:43 PM
Hi, this is my Impreza WRX running around 240BHP, its a MY 2001.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l235/mdjones3000/DSC05321.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l235/mdjones3000/DSC05352.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l235/mdjones3000/DSC05355.jpg

Mark

Lau
Sep 23, 2007, 12:47 PM
I have it for sixteen years now and each minute inside is a pleasure not only for tec-freaks! For me personally it's the most beautiful & elegant car of all times and brands.

That's such a nice car Ė such a distinctive cool shape. :) There's one round the corner from us here, but it's a horrible green colour and in bad shape compared to yours. I still always eye it up though. :D

bartelby
Sep 23, 2007, 12:53 PM
That's such a nice car Ė such a distinctive cool shape. :) There's one round the corner from us here, but it's a horrible green colour and in bad shape compared to yours. I still always eye it up though. :D

I love old CitroŽn's. My mate has a DX in fantastic condition. I'd love an SM!
http://www.citrosfeer.be/wordpress/wp-content/photos/citroen_sm.jpg

Habakuk
Sep 23, 2007, 04:10 PM

There were not many good original colors. I've choosen that dark blue/green (NOT original) after a long period of deliberation. Do you like it? It is quite a task to keep it in that condition believe me.

I love old CitroŽn's. My mate has a DX in fantastic condition.

You've got photos to share of that CitroŽn DS?! It was the predecessor of the CX! Cult pure! Almost each french movie of the fifties and sixties shows it.

I'd love an SM!

Yes. Gorgeous too. There were not many of it. I've seen just one or two running on the streets. Maserati engine!

*Drool* Argh that thing is gorgeous!!! I want one soo much!!! More pics!! ;) :D

Okay. Here we go:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/6076/palais19nl6.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1927/palais16xk5.jpg

http://pages.at/topspeed/ppm/cx_photos/ansichten/palais/palais15.jpg

When they refrained to build real steel front and rear bumpers in the mid-eighties they've unlearned to construct cars since then in my honest opinion.

http://pages.at/topspeed/ppm/cx_photos/ansichten/palais/palais18.jpg

The limou has a giant electric sliding roof, fine black leather interiours, air condition, steering wheel with just one torque arm, speed-adjustable power steering (the world's first variable one), height corrector and the by far softest suspension and best roadholding. You should take any opportunity to drive such an old CitroŽn and you'll believe it.

Missed the first two photos of my 1984 CitroŽn CX in this thread? Click here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4159698&postcount=2602).

bartelby
Sep 23, 2007, 04:13 PM
Gah, typo!
:o

I don't have any photos unfortunately. I think the DS is now at my mate's German place.

Your car is beautiful!

Yeah, a Masa engine!!!
Grrrr.
I love the fronts of the SM.

Lau
Sep 23, 2007, 04:15 PM
There were not many good original colors. I've choosen that dark blue/green (NOT original) after a long period of deliberation. Do you like it? It is quite a task to keep it in that condition believe me.

Yep, I really like it, it works really well with the chrome. Mmm, chrome.

Bartelby, your mate's one is lovely too, and also a nice colour.

bartelby
Sep 23, 2007, 04:17 PM
Bartelby, your mate's one is lovely too, and also a nice colour.

Unfortunately that's not my mate's car. If it was I'd have nicked it by now.

Lau
Sep 23, 2007, 04:19 PM
Unfortunately that's not my mate's car. If it was I'd have nicked it by now.

Ah, I see. Well now you know what your quest should be. ;)

bartelby
Sep 23, 2007, 04:22 PM
Ah, I see. Well now you know what your quest should be. ;)

Well this one:

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/dbimages/0637064001187266540.jpg

Is for sale for £19,995.

That's about £19,990 more than I have:(

2hondas
Sep 23, 2007, 04:34 PM
Hi, this is my Impreza WRX running around 240BHP, its a MY 2001.

Mark

Nice! The WRX/STI are one of my most fav. cars. It looks like the Bugeye model started in 01' for the UK? Ours hit the shores in late 01' but were 02' models.

Nugget
Sep 23, 2007, 10:11 PM
I love cars. I wish there was enough time in life to own each of them.

Mark-Mac-Attack
Sep 24, 2007, 03:42 AM
yes its a bug eye! lol.

but i got it relatively cheap in sound mechanical order from a work collegue.

Need to finish of the PPP to get it up to ~260 bhp.

Mark.

steviem
Sep 24, 2007, 11:27 AM
This is my new car:
http://lh5.google.com/stevie.mulcahy/RvVCUuPhHXI/AAAAAAAAATc/DEUsNc7oQOA/s400/DSCF1457.JPG
1997 Peugeot 306 XSi

I like it, its much smaller in size than the Mondeo that I was driving, but has a larger engine. I love it. Had to replace the nearside indicator on sunday and bought new front speakers for it, but other than that, its really nice and fun to drive :)

Mark-Mac-Attack
Sep 25, 2007, 01:16 PM
get yourself on www.306gti6.com if your not already for that XSi, all the help you could ever need.

Rhosfelt
Sep 25, 2007, 03:03 PM
I had a;

1999 Chevy S-10 (-_- I had a dirt bike but then sold it to buy my first iBook :P) - black
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse - maroon
1994 VW Golf - silver
2004 Nissan Sentra - blueish silver is my current car..

However I am taking out a loan in about 4 years for this baby... mmm, then I am saving to buy my porsche GT3 favorite car ever ^_^

(ps the photo is formatted for iphone/iPt)

SupaBob
Sep 26, 2007, 03:59 AM
Hey all !

I've just joined this forum and I gotta say, I love the cars you guys drive ! Some more than others.

Here's what I drive...

It was originally my grandad's... but now I'm totally cool in it !

250 GT California (Ferrari) !

My daily commute, is a BMW X5 4.6iS.

bartelby
Sep 26, 2007, 04:03 AM
It was originally my grandad's... but now I'm totally cool in it !

If that is your car then I am totally green with envy.
The 250GT is probably the only Ferrari I really like.

SupaBob
Sep 26, 2007, 04:40 AM
Yeah it is ! Thanks !

I only truly drive it once a month or so... It's a piece of history that I really would never want to part with.

I'm still trying to source a 1957 Corvette. I want one in really good condition.

macquariumguy
Sep 26, 2007, 04:56 AM
Hey all !

Do you keep it in a bank vault?

SupaBob
Sep 26, 2007, 05:34 AM
No I don't actually !

My garage is very secure !

Why ? Looking to boost it ???

Nugget
Sep 26, 2007, 06:33 AM
The 250GT is probably the only Ferrari I really like.

Don't forget the Dino! But yeah, the Dino and the 250GT are the short list, for sure.

bartelby
Sep 26, 2007, 06:48 AM
Don't forget the Dino! But yeah, the Dino and the 250GT are the short list, for sure.

Ok, the Dino would be on the short list, and the Daytona.

Sweetfeld28
Sep 26, 2007, 09:35 AM
Here's what I drive...

That car always reminds me of Ferris Buellers Day Off:

Cameron: [Ferris slowly pulls the Ferrari out of the garage] No, Ferris. I'm putting my foot down. You're just gonna have to think of something else.
[Ferris keeps driving]

Cameron: Ferris! We could call a limo! One of those stretch jobs with the TV and the bar. How about that?

Ferris: [Ferris pulls the car back slightly] Come on. Live a little!

E36 Pilot
Sep 26, 2007, 11:11 AM
Supabob,

The 250 gt California is a very special car. What year is the car? SWB? Please post more pictures.

teleromeo
Sep 26, 2007, 11:17 AM
I love old CitroŽn's. My mate has a DX in fantastic condition. I'd love an SM!
http://www.citrosfeer.be/wordpress/wp-content/photos/citroen_sm.jpg

The car on this photo is one of the most beautifull cars ever built.
At least, that is my opinion.
On the other hand, I want a 1970 volkswagen beetle 1300 in original condition.

SupaBob
Sep 27, 2007, 02:07 AM
It's a '58 model SWB...

I've unfortunately sent my laptop in to be upgraded - the pics are on that. will post more when I get it back in a week.

I'm also particularly fond of the '61 250 GT Berlinetta SWB.

There is one very rare Ferrari though that I would love to get my hands on. The late 50's 410 SuperAmerica... Have any of you seen one ?

Check out the picture

It's gotta be one of the most beautiful cars ever built !

bartelby
Sep 27, 2007, 02:11 AM
It's gotta be one of the most beautiful cars ever built !

wow!

That is nice.
The old Ferraris a very beautiful cars. I can't say the same for the new ones.
The newest Ferrari I really like wasn't even designed or built by them.
http://blog.raduceuca.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/ferrari2.jpg

The rear end looks a bit of a dog's dinner though

SupaBob
Sep 27, 2007, 02:39 AM
Is that really a Ferrari ???

It's GROSS !!!

Gotta love this one though !

It's a 599 GTB with a Novitec Rosso kit !

bartelby
Sep 27, 2007, 02:45 AM
It one of the only custom built cars that Ferrari have allowed to carry the badge.
It's based on an Enzo designed and built by Pininfarina. It's called the Ferrari P4/5.

Read more here (http://www.leftlanenews.com/second-look-ferrari-p-45-by-pininfarina.html)

Body kits do nothing for me. But completely changing the car does.

SupaBob
Sep 27, 2007, 02:54 AM
Cool !

Have you seen the concept pics for the new Dino ???

Rhosfelt
Sep 27, 2007, 09:02 AM
BTW, I love that WRX man. If I were to get another car that isn't going to be euro it would be a WRX (the actually rally edition w/ the gold rims) or a 350z in black :P

However, all the cars for the rest of my life will be euro I am sure of it;
Porsche
Lotus
BMW

Edit: Any one else out there know how much my situation sucks; At one point my Papa (grandpa) had a really nice '86 corvette (not a fan but still a VERY nice car) and my dad had a '76 Pontiac Lemans convertible with a dropped in 455 GTO engine. That thing was crazy fast. However, just when I turned 17 (and was able to drive by myself) they sold them both. Now, all we have is a Trailblazer..and a huge dodge truck.. -_- I don't have a nice car at all in the family!

I am trying to get my Papa to sell his truck, which he never drives, some Daytona edition Dodge Ram, and his old-as-me Chevy passenger van for a BMW 325 or M5 haha, and I am still working on getting my mom a Mercedes SL, however she wants a Honda Pilot WHY?!, just so I can drive around my little town in style :P (At least until I am 22 and can go get my Lotus.)

bartelby
Sep 27, 2007, 09:04 AM
Porsche
Lotus
BMW

Don't forget the best of the European cars. Alfa Romeo.

Green2Delta
Sep 27, 2007, 12:16 PM
New guy here. I'll introduce myself by posting a pic of me and my car.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/learn2unlearn/V%20Dub/Picture632.jpg

Thats my friends car behind mine. Same make/model.

defsquad
Sep 27, 2007, 02:31 PM
traded in my 02 maxima SE (it had been through so much, windows based carpc, mac mini based carpc, regular aftermarket media stuff, etc), soo much of a fun car to drive. <sniff>, but i digress.. i ended up stepping up to this friggin' awesome truck. what can i say, i needed a truck for house related stuffs and backpacking/camping stuffs. (click the image for more pics)
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1039/1316066122_709c0f5b4e_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/smesser/1316066122/)
a few minor aesthetic changes will be added to it soon enough.

2hondas
Sep 28, 2007, 04:23 PM
The Tacoma is probably the best "Compact/midsized" truck on the market.

Looks awesome too. :)

FadeToBlack
Sep 29, 2007, 01:28 AM
The Tacoma is probably the best "Compact/midsized" truck on the market.

Definitely. I'm not a truck person myself, but when someone is looking for a truck, I always tell 'em to go for Toyota. They last forever.

I went with a friend to test drive an '07 Tacoma a while back (V6/Auto.) and man, it ran great. It was a very nice truck, as well. He ended up getting a used Silverado, though.

kygeographer
Sep 29, 2007, 11:45 AM
It's a 2003. It's been a great car, and given me almost no trouble for 75000 miles. Maybe a cosmetic thing here and there (which was all replaced under warranty), but the engine and everything has been solid!

kygeographer
Sep 29, 2007, 11:47 AM
I went with a friend to test drive an '07 Tacoma a while back (V6/Auto.) and man, it ran great. It was a very nice truck, as well. He ended up getting a used Silverado, though.

I'm a big fan of Toyota Tacoma.. I'm thinking of getting one of those to replace my Santa Fe.. it'd be great for carrying bikes and kayaks!

quagmire
Sep 29, 2007, 12:18 PM
Porsche
Lotus
BMW

Lotus's are really fun to drive, but that is it. It sucks everywhere else. Getting in and out of the Elise and Exige is a chore. Starting it is a chore( why bother having a push button start if you have to turn a key anyway?). Plus, you need to hit the unlock/lock button on the fob to start it. You also need the fob to lock it and unlock it. Can't manually push the thing down to lock it. On the Esprit, to release the E-Brake you have to lift the handle, then press the button to release the brake. Except on the S, the 4 banger sounds like crap( then again what N/A 4 banger sounds good?). But, the clutch is super easy. Not super tight like the C6 Corvette. Though I am getting used to the C6's clutch.

The joy of working at my Chevy/Hummer/Lotus dealership. :) Due to that job, I now hate Hummers. God, they're hard to park. Blind spots anyone( especially the H3)?

bembol
Sep 29, 2007, 10:07 PM
My Satin White arrived today! Traded-in my '02 Acura RSX (Premium).

I recommended the '08 Nissan Altima Coupe to my sister and next thing you know, I ended up picking it up as well. LOL

The Niagra Grey is hers, 2.5S with CVT & Premium. I have the 3.5 SE, also CVT (I'm sorry) and Premium Package too.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/LouDiamonds/HPIM1188.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/LouDiamonds/HPIM1187.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/LouDiamonds/HPIM1186.jpg

Nugget
Sep 29, 2007, 10:26 PM
...when someone is looking for a truck, I always tell 'em to go for Toyota. They last forever.

Cue the classic Top Gear segment:

Killing a Toyota... Part 1 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=UNUKptyKdMM)
Still not dead... Part 2 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc4Ksz3nHM)
Yep, you guessed it... Part 3 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=YfZDtC9kjVk)

FadeToBlack
Sep 29, 2007, 11:05 PM
Cue the classic Top Gear segment:

Killing a Toyota... Part 1 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=UNUKptyKdMM)
Still not dead... Part 2 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc4Ksz3nHM)
Yep, you guessed it... Part 3 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=YfZDtC9kjVk)

Awesome. Thanks for the links. Gotta love Top Gear.

phungy
Sep 30, 2007, 12:50 AM

I recommended the '08 Nissan Altima Coupe to my sister and next thing you know, I ended up picking it up as well. LOL

The Niagra Grey is hers, 2.5S with CVT & Premium. I have the 3.5 SE, also CVT (I'm sorry) and Premium Package too.
snip

No need to be sorry about the CVT, I'd totally get it!

BTW, the new Altima coupes look NICE...good choice!

Chrismcfall
Sep 30, 2007, 12:21 PM

That an R32?

xper
Sep 30, 2007, 01:11 PM
That an R32?
If he hasnt put on a R32 emblem on a 1.6 then yes it´s an R32
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v667/learn2unlearn/V%20Dub/

iTeen
Sep 30, 2007, 01:29 PM
how much was this?

2hondas
Sep 30, 2007, 01:39 PM

+ 1!! Except the CVT part...I think they feel weird.

The new Altima coupes look like the G35/37 coupes. *drool*

Green2Delta
Oct 2, 2007, 08:54 AM
That an R32?

No, its a 20th anniversary GTI. A year older and a little bit more rare than the R32. Its a 1.8T, but I've got it built up pretty well.

ObsidianIce
Oct 2, 2007, 09:20 AM

<snip image>

Very nice! built up you say? in for details!:D

ObsidianIce
Oct 2, 2007, 09:24 AM
Very, very nice, the Altima really has improved over the last decade.

<snip images>

Green2Delta
Oct 2, 2007, 11:35 AM
Very nice! built up you say? in for details!:D

Lets see... it has a 2.5 inch turboback exhaust, CAI, short shifter (40% shift throw reduction), APR chip with stock, 91, 93, and 100 octane programs, Neuspeed 28mm rear adjustable swaybar, H&R front swaybar, H&R coilovers, Porsche wheels (18's and staggered, 8.5 inches wide in the front, 10 rear), smoked Helix angel eye projector headlights, smoked sidemarkers, bumper markers and tail lamps.

Hopefully this Christmas I'll get a new turbo inlet pipe and a diverter valve. :)

bcooper0125
Oct 2, 2007, 12:13 PM
here's my '06 altima. i love it :) it's all stock, i decided not to do anything with it...but its still pretty good, and does all i need it to. plus its got bose for the sound, so im all good :)

mperkins37
Oct 2, 2007, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by mperkins37

Originally posted by iTeen

how much was this?

I paid 30,500.
worth every penny :-)

mattcube64
Oct 2, 2007, 03:40 PM

My girlfriend's mom just bought a 3.5 Altima Coupe about a month ago or so. All options, with manual transmission.

I'm not really a fan of imports... at all. However, it drives really nicely. Also looks good, and is very comfortable for the front two riders. Plus, it's got quite a good deal of get-up-and-go. What is it? 270HP? Either way, I'd recommend the vehicle for sure, even with the little time I've spent with it.

miamiracing
Oct 2, 2007, 04:26 PM
just bought a 2001 Ford Taurus ES cupple days ago :)

here's a pic:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9283/dscm2102ex8.jpg
(sittin on 22's)

the rims are from my old 95 Cadillac i had before.. died with transmission probs :(

Nugget
Oct 2, 2007, 09:11 PM
(sittin on 22's)

With those gigantic wheels it looks sort of like it's wearing clown shoes.

rickvanr
Oct 2, 2007, 09:13 PM

Got the clown part right. That looks ridiculous. To each his own.

Rhosfelt
Oct 2, 2007, 09:19 PM
Lotus's are really fun to drive, but that is it. It sucks everywhere else. Getting in and out of the Elise and Exige is a chore. Starting it is a chore( why bother having a push button start if you have to turn a key anyway?). Plus, you need to hit the unlock/lock button on the fob to start it. You also need the fob to lock it and unlock it. Can't manually push the thing down to lock it. On the Esprit, to release the E-Brake you have to lift the handle, then press the button to release the brake. Except on the S, the 4 banger sounds like crap( then again what N/A 4 banger sounds good?). But, the clutch is super easy. Not super tight like the C6 Corvette. Though I am getting used to the C6's clutch.

The joy of working at my Chevy/Hummer/Lotus dealership. :) Due to that job, I now hate Hummers. God, they're hard to park. Blind spots anyone( especially the H3)?

Gah, I want that car so badly hahaha just too young to get it right now. I am pretty passionate about my cars hey if that dealer is in PA I will be visiting to pick one up in about 3-4 years. :)

BTW I learned how to use a clutch in my 98' eclipse so I had a rough start w/ my experience with manuals hahaha

quagmire
Oct 2, 2007, 09:33 PM
Gah, I want that car so badly hahaha just too young to get it right now. I am pretty passionate about my cars hey if that dealer is in PA I will be visiting to pick one up in about 3-4 years. :)

BTW I learned how to use a clutch in my 98' eclipse so I had a rough start w/ my experience with manuals hahaha

IMHO, Lotus's are not worth it. As I said, it is fun to drive, but that isn't enough for me at least to overlook its compromises. You would probably be better off with a Corvette. It has a trunk and is overall more practical to live with. If you don't mind a sedan, I would also recommend a BMW. They're really fun to drive( especially one with the N54 engine :D ).

yg17
Oct 2, 2007, 10:18 PM
An Elise isn't worth it if you're buying it for space, comfort, interior features, practicality and for a daily driver. But if you want it for a fun car to drive, then IMO, it's very worth it.

nimand
Oct 3, 2007, 03:11 AM
:cool:

http://www.9mand.dk/pictures/Roll_bora.jpg

macquariumguy
Oct 3, 2007, 04:07 AM

here's a pic:

(sittin on 22's)

the rims are from my old 95 Cadillac i had before.. died with transmission probs :(

I'll bet that handles like a buckboard wagon on a rutted trail.

Quicksilver867
Oct 3, 2007, 07:15 PM

here's a pic:

(sittin on 22's)

I hope you upgraded your brakes... Hmm, also, can you turn the steering wheel lock to lock without the tires rubbing the wheel well?

FJ218700
Oct 3, 2007, 07:50 PM

I'm sure they looked good on the Caddy :rolleyes:

ErikCLDR
Oct 3, 2007, 08:31 PM
Yea not gonna lie- double deuces on a taurus.

Well, 22" chrome rims I think look ridiculous on any car.

My friend has a 2002 Navigator on 22"s, it looks completely ridiculous.

CHROMEDOME
Oct 3, 2007, 09:50 PM
Yea not gonna lie- double deuces on a taurus.

Well, 22" chrome rims I think look ridiculous on any car.

My friend has a 2002 Navigator on 22"s, it looks completely ridiculous.

Yea and there are two kinds of ridiculous...this would be the bad kind.

adamchase
Oct 4, 2007, 06:37 AM
you post over at the tex?

linked image (http://www.9mand.dk/pictures/Roll_bora.jpg)

nimand
Oct 4, 2007, 08:51 AM
you post over at the tex?

I did sometime ago - not anymore.

j3nsen
Oct 4, 2007, 01:29 PM
New here, I suppose I'll start off by posting pictures of my car.. It's a 2007 G6, I like to keep things simple (as you can see from the pictures)

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/5111/g6fw5.jpg
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/606/g62fb2.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5503/g63oj4.jpg

Can't really compete with the Benz's, Range Rovers, or Beemers but hey, I'm only 18 there's plenty of time for that in the future (hopefully!) :cool:

FadeToBlack
Oct 4, 2007, 01:33 PM
New here, I suppose I'll start off by posting pictures of my car.. It's a 2007 G6, I like to keep things simple (as you can see from the pictures)

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

Can't really compete with the Benz's, Range Rovers, or Beemers but hey, I'm only 18 there's plenty of time for that in the future (hopefully!) :cool:

Nice G6! I'm not a huge fan of 'em, but yours is nice. Tastefully modded, that's for sure. Love the tinted tailights and black car/black wheels = awesome. Nice car.

Green2Delta
Oct 5, 2007, 11:09 AM

Yes definately very tastefully done. Now you just need to space those wheels out and lower it enough to get rid of the wheel gap. Then you're set!

j3nsen
Oct 5, 2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah they're 18's but since the tires are lowpro's they look a lot smaller since it isn't lowered.. I haven't decided once winter is done if I want to get bigger tires or the Eibach springs.. Damn Michigan winters! I hate not bein able to have rims all year round.

blitzkrieg79
Oct 5, 2007, 01:52 PM
Cool !

Have you seen the concept pics for the new Dino ???

Very nice but somehow I am not a fan of the rear. Anyway, is this concept based upon the same platform as Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione ( http://www.8c.alfaromeo.it/# ) which I think looks a bit better than this Ferrari concept. It looks similar in shape and size and it would make sense as Fiat owns both Alfa and Ferrari.

And since we are speaking of prototypes, has anyone seen the new BMW X6 concept? http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-x6.html Gotta say this car looks good, probably impractical especially the rear seat but who buys those cars for practicality anyway.

roker
Oct 5, 2007, 08:48 PM
And since we are speaking of prototypes, has anyone seen the new BMW X6 concept? http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-x6.html Gotta say this car looks good, probably impractical especially the rear seat but who buys those cars for practicality anyway.

Lol, It looks like they got the 6 series' & new X5s' plans mixed up :D.

I'm not convinced ;)

jwp1964
Oct 5, 2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted in 2005 when new (thread had about 300 posts). Just made some changes: 2" leveling kit, larger tires, alloy rims, and grill/brush guard. I think there has been a substantial improvement!

HawaiiMacAddict
Oct 5, 2007, 11:56 PM
Aloha everyone,

Here is a picture of my wife and I when we bought our current 2002 Lexus RX300. We'll soon be upgrading to a 2008 Mercedes-Benz ML350 (not mine, but like the one I plan to purchase) :D

HawaiiMacAddict

MrMan112
Oct 6, 2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted in 2005 when new (thread had about 300 posts). Just made some changes: 2" leveling kit, larger tires, alloy rims, and grill/brush guard. I think there has been a substantial improvement!

Nice lab.

jwp1964
Oct 6, 2007, 03:57 PM
Nice lab.

Thanks. Tanner is my 5 1/2 year old hunting partner (actually a pointing Lab) and roommate. He is quite a character. The most laid back Lab I have ever seen.

rhys105
Oct 11, 2007, 06:12 AM
Everyone on here has cool cars, im embarassed to post mine, well its probably because its my 1st car its a **** tip. hopefully i will have a better one soon :)

mfacey
Oct 11, 2007, 07:48 AM
I just bought my second "vehicle" yesterday. Its a 2006 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer. I don't actually have it yet though... Its being prepped by the dealer and should be delivered by the end of next week. Besides, I don't actually have my motorcycle license yet :D

Can't wait! Here's a brochure pic of my bike. I'll post pictures as soon as I can!

Clarence
Oct 11, 2007, 08:24 PM
My current rider 2008 Avalon Limited up willy. Push button jones with the rear window gaff. hid and a navigator system. led puddle lamps. erything but a big v8 (lexus only) :mad: stock photo yes but its in the driveway lol.

http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicles/2008/avalon/gallery/exterior/large/photo_8.jpg

FJ218700
Oct 11, 2007, 08:31 PM
My current rider 2008 Avalon Limited up willy. Push button jones with the rear window gaff. hid and a navigator system. led puddle lamps. erything but a big v8 (lexus only) :mad: stock photo yes but its in the driveway lol.

no dubs Clarence?

where's the 4Runner?

Clarence
Oct 11, 2007, 08:35 PM
no dubs Clarence?

where's the 4Runner?

toyota buyers dont go for dubs lol.

4 runner sold last week, got a silver pine limited v8 sittin out back for when the snow flies (tomorrow)

anyone seen the redesigned land crusher? (drool)

http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicles/2008/landcruiser/gallery/exterior/large/photo_8.jpg

FJ218700
Oct 11, 2007, 08:39 PM
toyota buyers dont go for dubs lol.

thought you might have kept them from the grand cherokee

Clarence
Oct 11, 2007, 08:41 PM
my uncle bought my grand cherokee for my cousin (17 yo girl)

shes big pimpin. :cool:

Nugget
Oct 11, 2007, 08:56 PM
anyone seen the redesigned land crusher? (drool)

Where I live we have paved roads and bridges and stuff. I'll stick to cars, thanks. :)

Clarence
Oct 11, 2007, 09:15 PM
Where I live we have winter and snow and ice and stuff. Cars are fine during the summer... not so much in a blizzard.:rolleyes:

Nugget
Oct 11, 2007, 09:17 PM
Where I live we have winter and snow and ice and stuff. Cars are fine during the summer... not so much in a blizzard.:rolleyes:

Sounds like a terrible environment for a big, heavy truck! All that weight and inertia is scary on ice. When I lived up North it was the little Subaru 4x4s that ruled the road. :)

Clarence
Oct 11, 2007, 09:21 PM
well i sure as hell arent going to pick a rav 4 when i have access to whatever toyota i desire lol. I see your point though, the four runner will be fine. i would like to take a seqouia, but we dont sell very many and I dont want to have to look at a miled out sequia on the lot all next summer. :D

fringe benefits.

neut
Oct 12, 2007, 11:44 AM
I just bought my second "vehicle" yesterday. Its a 2006 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer. I don't actually have it yet though... Its being prepped by the dealer and should be delivered by the end of next week. Besides, I don't actually have my motorcycle license yet :D

Nice. Looks sharp.

I need to get my license as well ... I should have applied before the rules changed. :mad:
_

I've had my eye on Buells for quite sometime; hope to pick up a 2007 fairly cheap this month.

http://www.psndealer.com/powersportsdlr/images/NewVehicles/NV38767_1_400.jpg

peace | neut

ErikCLDR
Oct 12, 2007, 09:03 PM
I hate the new land cruisers and the new lexus LX.

They look so bloated.

teleromeo
Oct 12, 2007, 09:10 PM
New here, I suppose I'll start off by posting pictures of my car.. It's a 2007 G6, I like to keep things simple ...
... Can't really compete with the Benz's, Range Rovers, or Beemers but hey, I'm only 18 there's plenty of time for that in the future (hopefully!) :cool:

At 18 I was driving a bike.

FJ218700
Oct 12, 2007, 09:22 PM
91 Cadillac Sedan Deville

I may though some d's on this
20" Low Pros like I'm Riding on blades

[thumbs up] I can't wait [/thumbs up]

JWFerne
Oct 12, 2007, 09:34 PM
Here's mine. Fun little shot of me and the family out and about....

ErikCLDR
Oct 12, 2007, 09:41 PM
91 Cadillac Sedan Deville

I may though some d's on this
20" Low Pros like I'm Riding on blades

Oh in the pics the rearview mirror is off because I was blasting my stereo and it broke off the windshield with a Kicker CVR 12" but now it is fixed.

I am thinking about converting it to a metal top instead of that leather top, I think it will look better. Whats your Opinion?

but hey im only 17

My advice first off is to make your pictures bigger. They are too small :rolleyes::p

Chrome Wheels- No, they look stupid, especially on an old car. If you want aftermarket wheels they should be something that match your car, which I rarely see happen.

Metal vs. "Rag Top" (I think its called). Well rag top screams that you are an 70 year old retired man that lives in florida. I don't see the purpose spending money switching to a metal roof when the car is... 16-17 years old.

How did you break your mirror with a subwoofer?

You should talk to ryannelson if he's still around here. He's really into Cadillacs. I would be willing to bet that you are from the south.

Where are your license plates?

FJ218700
Oct 12, 2007, 10:44 PM
I would be willing to bet that you are from the south.

I say Appalachia-south, definitely not the dirty south, or he'd be driving this

mad jew
Oct 13, 2007, 02:26 AM
What's with people criticising other people's choice in cars? Weird.

bartelby
Oct 13, 2007, 02:29 AM

And very, very sad...

Nugget
Oct 13, 2007, 10:29 AM
My advice first off is to make your pictures bigger. They are too small

This is an Apple forum, aren't we all using 30" cinema displays? ;)

beige matchbox
Oct 13, 2007, 12:03 PM
I feel theres a need for an antidote to all this massive rimz :cool:

So heres my Bertie, a 1985 Mini Mayfair with a 1275MG engine on blinging 10s,

planning on going on a tour of the UK early next summer, should be a giggle :D

xUKHCx
Oct 13, 2007, 12:09 PM

That is such a good looking mini. Man i love the proper minis rather than the 'normal' we have now.

Nugget
Oct 13, 2007, 12:56 PM
So heres my Bertie, a 1985 Mini Mayfair with a 1275MG engine on blinging 10s

Oh man -- Awesome car. Massive envy here. :)

JBat
Oct 13, 2007, 03:37 PM
My whip, a 2004 Acura TSX 6 MT, modded to the gills:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1118/757941000_3c8ecebc84_o.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1192/757941018_b41e436b59_o.jpg

Clarence
Oct 13, 2007, 03:55 PM
I hate the new land cruisers and the new lexus LX.

They look so bloated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad jew

And very, very sad...

thats how he rolls.

Clarence
Oct 13, 2007, 03:56 PM

So heres my Bertie, a 1985 Mini Mayfair with a 1275MG engine on blinging 10s,

planning on going on a tour of the UK early next summer, should be a giggle :D

Sweet car. I've heard a saying that goes something like:

"them 20's?"

"naw, they're 10's, but I keep em clean though!"

:D

bartelby
Oct 13, 2007, 03:59 PM
Quote:

And very, very sad...

thats how he rolls.

You gotta remember the only car to have is a land rover:rolleyes:

ryannel2003
Oct 13, 2007, 04:22 PM
Quote:

And very, very sad...

thats how he rolls.

Haha... i don't agree with that either. He once told me that he got inside a Toyota Camry of the same year as mine and said it looked "cheap". I had never heard that kind of comment come out of somebody's mouth about my car. I don't like Land Rover's, but I have never told him that his is ugly or anything like that. Certain people like different kinds of cars.

Speaking of my gorgeous Camry, here is an updated picture:
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5986/img3363dt1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ryannel2003
Oct 13, 2007, 04:25 PM

Love it! At first I was diggin the new grille, but after seeing them at my Toyota dealer, I changed my mind. Avalon is a beautiful car. I will eventually have a new Camry,, in about 20 years...haha.

quagmire
Oct 13, 2007, 04:33 PM
Quote:

And very, very sad...

thats how he rolls.

I don't see a problem with his post. You asked if anyone seen the new Land Cruiser and he put in his opinion on it. When I make threads about new GM products inquiring their opinions on it, does everyone have to agree that it is good looking? No. It is rude all of a sudden to say a new( or old) vehicle is ugly? Wow, didn't know we have to agree all the time. I share his opinion. The new LX and Land Cruiser is bloated and ugly. IMHO, Toyota's design department as been putting out nothing but ugly or bland( or both!) vehicles lately( Camry, Tundra, LX, Land Cruiser, FJ Cruiser, Highlander, GS, and LS). You have to remember looks are subjective. Not everyone is going to like them.

ryannel2003
Oct 13, 2007, 04:36 PM
I don't see a problem with his post. You asked if anyone seen the new Land Cruiser and he put in his opinion on it. When I make threads about new GM products inquiring their opinions on it, it is rude to say you think it is ugly, bland, etc? Wow, didn't know we have to agree all the time. I share his opinion. The new LX and Land Cruiser is bloated and ugly. IMHO, Toyota's design department as been putting out nothing but ugly or bland( or both!) vehicles lately( Camry, Tundra, LX, Land Cruiser, FJ Cruiser, Highlander, GS, and LS). You have to remember looks are subjective. Not everyone is going to like them.

I don't have a problem with him talking about the Lexus and LC, I think they are pretty ugly too. However, I thought it was rude when he commented on how he thought my interior was cheap. I would never say anything bad about any of my friends car (my friend has a '93 Mazda MX-3 and it's a pos, but I would never say that to his face since it's all he can afford).

BTW, what do you think of the new CTS and STS?

miamiracing
Oct 13, 2007, 04:46 PM
I hope you upgraded your brakes... Hmm, also, can you turn the steering wheel lock to lock without the tires rubbing the wheel well?

yea had some modifications there... but now its fine ;)

it looked awesome on my cadillac and i think they looks pretty good on my Taurus too...

everyone has his one style, but i can tell you one thing:

women will break her necks to sit somewhere in the car ;)

quagmire
Oct 13, 2007, 04:49 PM
I don't have a problem with him talking about the Lexus and LC, I think they are pretty ugly too. However, I thought it was rude when he commented on how he thought my interior was cheap. I would never say anything bad about any of my friends car (my friend has a '93 Mazda MX-3 and it's a pos, but I would never say that to his face since it's all he can afford).

BTW, what do you think of the new CTS and STS?

I agree. I wouldn't want people saying my car was ugly because I am proud of it. But, if people post a pic of a car in general( like Clarence did with the LC) then it is open to attack.

I like the new CTS, though the STS is not entirely new. Just a refresh. The CTS though is a fat heavy pig. You can tell as well. Even with the DI engine, that thing feels no faster then my Aura XR with 252 HP( and is barely is faster Aura can do 0-60 in 5.9 and CTS DI does it in 5.8). Then go out and drive the 335i. Entirely different experience. The diesel like low end torque( 300 lb of torque at 1400 RPM), and light weight makes that thing a blast to drive(0-60 in 4.8). Though people at the GM forum I hang out at keep on arguing that it is a 5 series competitor. Which is true if you only count size. If the CTS was pitted against the 535i, it will do much better performance wise when compared to the 535i( 0-60 in 5.5), but refinement and features are lacking and would be slaughtered. That is what happens when you put a car in the middle. Can't exactly compete with the lower class, but can't compete in the higher class either. The interior is up there with the best in both classes, if not the best. The materials are top rate.

ryannel2003
Oct 13, 2007, 04:57 PM
I agree. I wouldn't want people saying my car was ugly because I am proud of it. But, if people post a pic of a car in general( like Clarence did with the LC) then it is open to attack.

I like the new CTS, though the STS is not entirely new. Just a refresh. The CTS though is a fat heavy pig. You can tell as well. Even with the DI engine, that thing feels no faster then my Aura XR with 252 HP( and is barely is faster Aura can do 0-60 in 5.9 and CTS DI does it in 5.8). Then go out and drive the 335i. Entirely different experience. The diesel like low end torque( 300 lb of torque at 1400 RPM), and light weight makes that thing a blast to drive(0-60 in 4.8). Though people at the GM forum I hang out at keep on arguing that it is a 5 series competitor. Which is true if you only count size. If the CTS was pitted against the 535i, it will do much better performance wise when compared to the 535i( 0-60 in 5.5), but refinement and features are lacking and would be slaughtered. That is what happens when you put a car in the middle. Can't exactly compete with the lower class, but can't compete in the higher class either. The interior is up there with the best in both classes, if not the best. The materials are top rate.

I'm a Lexus/Toyota guy... working at a Cadillac dealer. Go figure. I agree that the CTS feels much heavier than cars in the same class (much heavier than previous generation). It makes my grandpa '06 Impala SS seem light. However the interior is a huge step above the last generation, and even the refreshed STS. I have always felt that the STS is the stepchild who gets no attention. The CTS is sportier and the DTS is more luxurious. I was disappointed to see that the new STS interior looked the same (with exception of steering wheel and some aluminum trim.)

My favorite Cadillac has to be the '98-'03 Seville STS. I have been trying to purchase one for 3 months, but my dealer won't give me a good deal with my trade in. I think they have much more character than the new models and the interior is much more luxurious. Plus, the Bose 4.0 sound system is simply amazing. Blows the new models away and easily rival's Lexus' Mark Levinson sound system. The rumors have confirmed that GM is replacing the DTS and STS in 2010 with a car that mixes the best of those two models. They are also bringing a 3-series fighter into the mix (most likely similar to BLS in Europe). I'll be looking forward to that.

ErikCLDR
Oct 13, 2007, 08:14 PM
I saw an Cadillac XLR today. I must say its a very stealthy looking car.

Ryan, I say bring back the Cadillac Catera :D

phungy
Oct 13, 2007, 08:20 PM
Saw a black G37S in the parking garage today...it was so beautiful and sexy :(

dadsp33k
Oct 13, 2007, 08:29 PM
You just joined today, this being your first post and its a Bentley...sorry, I can't believe it unless you take another photo with a slip that says "MacRumors - snowmonkay". And looking through your photobucket, you seem a bit young to be owning one of these, most likely your parent's car.

most likely not his parents car most likely he's a fraud with really low self esteem, terrible acne, and morbidly over-weight. no offense of course.

ryannel2003
Oct 13, 2007, 08:51 PM
I saw an Cadillac XLR today. I must say its a very stealthy looking car.

Ryan, I say bring back the Cadillac Catera :D

I love the XLR. I have to say, they are quite excellent driving cars. Especially with the top down going about 65 on the highway! I love it! :D

As for the Catera, that car can rot in hell along with the Cimmaron (waayyyy before our time; early 80's. Enough said)