PDA

View Full Version : picture of your car

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Clarence
May 2, 2007, 06:52 PM
I think land rovers are very purposeful vehicles. A Cadillac Escalade with 24" rims is not.

What about pimpin isn't purposeful to you?? To each his own....

840quadra
May 2, 2007, 07:08 PM
The Supra was the best car Toyota had to offer, but they killed it. They're already making gas guzzling trucks and SUV's, I think a sports car can fit in their lineup. Especially since the environmental groups aren't targeting cars like the Mustang, Corvette, a Lambo, etc. So I don't know why Toyota is so against making a sports car. The Supra would be the only Toyota I would consider buying. I hope they are developing a new Supra. But, until then they are making cars that are bland or ugly, but that is IMHO since styling is subjective.

Toyota had issues with itself in my opinion during that period of time. 1999 (the year Toyota stopped selling the Supra in the US) was also the last year for them in WRC. They pulled out of WRC to focus on F1, something they have been lack luster at since their introduction. When Toyota pulled out of WRC they had won the manufacturers championship thanks to the work by Didier Auriol and Carlos Sainz.

I miss the Supra, and Toyota in WRC :( .

All coming from a European car owner / driver .

TaylorB
May 3, 2007, 08:11 PM
I drive a BMW 740IL. It is a 2000 model and I love it, although since I am 15 I am only allowed to drive it to and from school and to "work." We had a range rover until it was totaled recently after someone clipped my mom. Here are some pictures: http://flickr.com/photos/iuseamacandloveit/sets/72157600174100058/ We also have a Ford F250 truck, but I don't have any pictures of that.

ErikCLDR
May 4, 2007, 04:21 PM
I drive a BMW 740IL. It is a 2000 model and I love it, although since I am 15 I am only allowed to drive it to and from school and to "work." We had a range rover until it was totaled recently after someone clipped my mom. Here are some pictures: http://flickr.com/photos/iuseamacandloveit/sets/72157600174100058/ We also have a Ford F250 truck, but I don't have any pictures of that.

Woah, you're 15 and can drive alone? I guess thats Arkansas :p.

Awwww... Poor Rangey. I bet she'll be missed. They are such beautiful cars.

----
Anyways. I randomly wanted to experiment today, so yea...

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/IMG_1088.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/IMG_1086.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/IMG_1081.jpg

Not too shabby articulation for a stock suspension...

and it could go further if I could find a bigger/taller mound of dirt.

TaylorB
May 4, 2007, 05:11 PM

----

[pictures here]

I had to apply and receive a hardship, that is what legally allows me to drive to school and work. I am waiting on some more pictures of the range rover when it was on its side and in our flower bed. That is the second range rover that has been totaled in our yard. I have been looking at LR3's and Discovery II's up until recently. We have had so many problems with our 04' Range Rover that it has sort of lead me away from wanting anything made by them. We used to have the suspension popping, windshield wipers vibrating when on the interstate, whenever you would take a turn and the car wasn't level or would hit a bump, the windshield would pop. It has been to the Range Rover dealership 8 times with a very very nice lady that tries to help us, but the service manager is the problem. So all in all, I wish you luck with your Disocvery II, we had one and I personally loved it. Seems like an awesome vehicle! :)

Clarence
May 4, 2007, 10:09 PM
I had to apply and receive a hardship, that is what legally allows me to drive to school and work. I am waiting on some more pictures of the range rover when it was on its side and in our flower bed. That is the second range rover that has been totaled in our yard. I have been looking at LR3's and Discovery II's up until recently. We have had so many problems with our 04' Range Rover that it has sort of lead me away from wanting anything made by them. We used to have the suspension popping, windshield wipers vibrating when on the interstate, whenever you would take a turn and the car wasn't level or would hit a bump, the windshield would pop. It has been to the Range Rover dealership 8 times with a very very nice lady that tries to help us, but the service manager is the problem. So all in all, I wish you luck with your Disocvery II, we had one and I personally loved it. Seems like an awesome vehicle! :)

My Land Rover experience has been very similar. WEEKS in the shop, obscure - intermittent electrical and suspension problems, and poor parts availability. Go to your local dealership and compare the size of the sales departmnet to the size of the service department. Nuff said.

ErikCLDR
May 4, 2007, 10:33 PM
I haven't had any problems with my disco so far- but I've only had it for like a month.

My dads has been somewhat troublesome- door locks and sunroofs have gone bad- the entire onboard computer fried. It also had air suspension problems.

Our touareg is pretty unrelaible. As soon as the warranty runs up my parents are going to sell it.

mrkramer
May 4, 2007, 10:43 PM
I don't have a picture of the car that I currently drive but here is a picture of one that I am working on restoring, It's a 1964 Ford Falcon Futura. I'm hoping to have it running by the end of this year.

TaylorB
May 5, 2007, 12:00 AM
Well, I wish you luck with your Discovery II. These are the pictures at the scene of the accident. They do save lives even though everything else pops and creeks. http://flickr.com/photos/iuseamacandloveit/sets/72157600178469281/ My mom was turning into our gate and the person behind her didn't look up until the last second and tried to swerve out of the way, but she clipped the back left end of the rover, giving it that little extra push to slide and roll. The speed limit on that road is 40MPH so it was a pretty good impact. The other lady had a 3 month old baby and a 2-5 year old child in the car also.

ErikCLDR
May 5, 2007, 10:23 AM
My Land Rover experience has been very similar. WEEKS in the shop, obscure - intermittent electrical and suspension problems, and poor parts availability. Go to your local dealership and compare the size of the sales departmnet to the size of the service department. Nuff said.

Actually, originally at my local rover dealer they had saab and volvo crammed into a tiny dealership. They moved land rover (unfortunately 20 min further away) but they have like 10 garage bays to work on cars, which I would say is pretty big. The VW dealer has 6.

If Ford wanted to do something productive, they would make sure that Land Rover improves their reliability (while not hindering their design). For example, Land Rover can hardly get a power window or door lock right- seriously, take the lock off of a Ford Explorer- no one will know the difference, at least it will work. Additionally, no one needs dead bolting locks, that only causes trouble. Furthermore, Air Suspension should be made an option at least on the LR3, Land Rover cannot seem to get it right, it costs a ton to fix, and in most cases its not necessary.

TaylorB
May 5, 2007, 12:06 PM
Actually, originally at my local rover dealer they had saab and volvo crammed into a tiny dealership. They moved land rover (unfortunately 20 min further away) but they have like 10 garage bays to work on cars, which I would say is pretty big. The VW dealer has 6.

If Ford wanted to do something productive, they would make sure that Land Rover improves their reliability (while not hindering their design). For example, Land Rover can hardly get a power window or door lock right- seriously, take the lock off of a Ford Explorer- no one will know the difference, at least it will work. Additionally, no one needs dead bolting locks, that only causes trouble. Furthermore, Air Suspension should be made an option at least on the LR3, Land Rover cannot seem to get it right, it costs a ton to fix, and in most cases its not necessary.

I'm in this position where I love Discovery II's and LR3's, but with the way we have been treated with our service and all of the problems we have had, I am scared to have one and one day when I'm on my own have to pay gigantic repair bills. I'm in a pickle because I like Lexus GX's and i've heard that Lexus' service is amazing (still expensive, but atleast they get the job done, and with a Lexus you can always take it to a Toyota place.) So I don't know what to ask for.. Plus, Erik, what kind of MPG does your Disco get?

Chrismcfall
May 5, 2007, 12:43 PM
Well, I wish you luck with your Discovery II. These are the pictures at the scene of the accident. They do save lives even though everything else pops and creeks. http://flickr.com/photos/iuseamacandloveit/sets/72157600178469281/ My mom was turning into our gate and the person behind her didn't look up until the last second and tried to swerve out of the way, but she clipped the back left end of the rover, giving it that little extra push to slide and roll. The speed limit on that road is 40MPH so it was a pretty good impact. The other lady had a 3 month old baby and a 2-5 year old child in the car also.

Christ, What managed to flip that?

Wippet
May 5, 2007, 01:04 PM
My car is a 1998 Mini Cooper 1.3

devilot
May 5, 2007, 01:05 PM
My car is a 1998 Mini Cooper 1.3Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. My eyes actually watered a little tiny bit.

Wippet
May 5, 2007, 01:07 PM
Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. My eyes actually watered a little tiny bit.

Thanks!

Chrismcfall
May 5, 2007, 01:30 PM

Wow! We'll have a new car soon. My parents have traded in the Golf for a Leon.

ErikCLDR
May 5, 2007, 01:55 PM
I'm in this position where I love Discovery II's and LR3's, but with the way we have been treated with our service and all of the problems we have had, I am scared to have one and one day when I'm on my own have to pay gigantic repair bills. I'm in a pickle because I like Lexus GX's and i've heard that Lexus' service is amazing (still expensive, but atleast they get the job done, and with a Lexus you can always take it to a Toyota place.) So I don't know what to ask for.. Plus, Erik, what kind of MPG does your Disco get?

I get around 15/18, which is really good for a disco. 13 if I drive more aggressively.

My friends mom has a GX470. She loves it. I think its just alright though. Its comfortable but its exterior styling is kinda chunky and toyish looking and its interior is pretty boring.

TaylorB
May 5, 2007, 02:11 PM
Christ, What managed to flip that?

It was a tahoe going 40MPH hitting my mom as she was turning into our gate. The lady swerved to the left (my mom was on the right side of the road, taking a right into our gate and the lady behind her looked up at the last minute, didn't apply the brakes and just hit the left back end, giving it that little extra push to slide and roll. Erik, thats the kind of gas mileage i'm looking at. I get 1 tank a week until I get out of college but I'm scared to think what I'll be paying and what gas prices will be like in the next couple of years.

Clarence
May 5, 2007, 02:25 PM
Im waiting for a hybrid SUV thats worth a ****. My GJC is getting around 12 with those wheels. (4.7? V8)

ErikCLDR
May 5, 2007, 02:35 PM
Im waiting for a hybrid SUV thats worth a ****. My GJC is getting around 12 with those wheels. (4.7? V8)

And that is why doing that to your car is impractical.

Unless you change the gearing...

Clarence
May 5, 2007, 02:46 PM
And that is why doing that to your car is impractical.

Unless you change the gearing...

Impractical to you is a luxury to me.

buffalo
May 5, 2007, 04:03 PM
I personally wouldn't mind the Lexus 400h, or even a Highlander hybrid. Both of those should get more than 12 mpg.

ryannel2003
May 5, 2007, 08:09 PM
Amen. I especially hate esclades. I see absolutely no beauty in them anywhere. They're obnoxious outside and cheap and plasticy inside.

Although most Land Rovers sold these days are not taken off road, in about 10-15 years ones that are still on the road probably will be.
---

Aa mustang is hardly hardly a functional car. You can't put anything in it. You can't tow anything. You can fit 2 people comfortably. You can't drive it in the snow (unless you want to risk getting stuck and/or your life).

It's obvious you haven't driven, nor sat inside a new Escalade. They are much better built than before, and drive great. I mean if that's your personal taste that's fine, but my taste is that Land Rover's are horribly built, expensive to fix, and quite frankly, ugly; but yeah i guess it depends on your taste.

BTW, cars like Mustangs, Corvette's, etc. are not made to be practical. They are meant to drive fast and handle good, not take the kids to soccer practice or tow the family boat to the river.

Clarence
May 5, 2007, 09:42 PM
It's obvious you haven't driven, nor sat inside a new Escalade. They are much better built than before, and drive great.

Amen. not to mention better fuel economy with cylinder deactivation and 403 HP. 0-60 in 6.5. Plus factory 22's? Sign me up.;)

AoWolf
May 5, 2007, 09:48 PM
I just bought my first car on ebay:

http://i4.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/9a/93/4a85_3.JPG

Its an 88,Porsche 924s, but don't let the "24" fool you it has a 944 guts and is faster then the base 88, 944 because its lighter and more aerodynamic.

FadeToBlack
May 6, 2007, 01:45 AM

Its an 88,Porsche 924s, but don't let the "24" fool you it has a 944 guts and is faster then the base 88, 944 because its lighter and more aerodynamic.

Man, those are awesome. Very nice. There was one for sale around here a while back. I believe it was a 944, though. Black. I kept wanting to stop in and test drive it, but I figured I shouldn't, as I might have ended up leaving with it. :cool:

zagato27
May 6, 2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks. The XE has a 4 speed auto, but the one I have which is the higher end XR has a 6 speed with paddle shifters. Look on the steering wheel and you will see the buttons that upshift and downshift in manumatic mode. And there is no way I am debadging it! Want to show off the marriage of Opel and Saturn to the world! :p

http://forum.avtoindex.com/foto/data/media/145/2007_saturn_aura_1.jpg

Slightly off topic but thought you might be interested.

Quagmire, just read an article in Friday's USA TODAY (May4, 07) that Saturn is recalibrating the shifting on the 6spd auto's in their new SUV. The newer ones off the assembly line will be done at the factory but the ones that are already on the lots or in customer's hands can be reflashed by the dealer. Supposedly smoother shifting etc. The article also mentioned that this same 6spd was in the Aura and that the dealers could/would do them also. I'd talk to my Saturn dealer bout this. Cheers

quagmire
May 6, 2007, 10:46 AM
Slightly off topic but thought you might be interested.

Quagmire, just read an article in Friday's USA TODAY (May4, 07) that Saturn is recalibrating the shifting on the 6spd auto's in their new SUV. The newer ones off the assembly line will be done at the factory but the ones that are already on the lots or in customer's hands can be reflashed by the dealer. Supposedly smoother shifting etc. The article also mentioned that this same 6spd was in the Aura and that the dealers could/would do them also. I'd talk to my Saturn dealer bout this. Cheers

Yeah, I know about it. The new software for the Acadia and Outlook's 6 speed I think is different then the Aura's( but, there also has been TSB's about the Aura's 6 speed software). The Acadia/Outlook's issue was shift lag. The software from what I am reading at saturnfans is that it fixes the issue and doesn't decrease fuel economy like other reflashes have normally done on transmissions from what I hear. The Aura's TSB is for actual rough shifting and a bit of a rough idle. I think mine is affected and will get it done when I take it in for its first oil change( in 300 miles. Yes, it only has 2700 miles on it now after 6 months of ownership). When it is cold the 3-4 shift is a bit rough. But, once warmed up it is smooth. Again, this is only software issues. The actual transmission is fine. GM must of hired Microsoft software programmers. :p

Amen. not to mention better fuel economy with cylinder deactivation and 403 HP. 0-60 in 6.5. Plus factory 22's? Sign me up.;)

The Vortec 6200 that is in the Escalade, Yukon and Sierra Denali, and Hummer H2 Alpha does not have AFM. Although GM has stated that it isn't out of the question that it could get it one day.

PS: If you want a hybrid SUV check out the 2008 Two Mode Tahoe/Suburban or wait another year for the 2009 two mode Saturn Vue( that is what I am hearing about its release date) it supposively has the DI 3.6 that is in the new CTS.

PSS: How about that 2008 Corvette? The new 6.2 LS3 making 430 HP or 436 HP with the Z06 style exhaust system.

zagato27
May 6, 2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I know about it. The new software for the Acadia and Outlook's 6 speed I think is different then the Aura's( but, there also has been TSB's about the Aura's 6 speed software). The Acadia/Outlook's issue was shift lag. The software from what I am reading at saturnfans is that it fixes the issue and doesn't decrease fuel economy like other reflashes have normally done on transmissions from what I hear. The Aura's TSB is for actual rough shifting and a bit of a rough idle. I think mine is affected and will get it done when I take it in for its first oil change( in 300 miles. Yes, it only has 2700 miles on it now after 6 months of ownership). When it is cold the 3-4 shift is a bit rough. But, once warmed up it is smooth. Again, this is only software issues. The actual transmission is fine. GM must of hired Microsoft software programmers. :p

You're welcome

Clarence
May 6, 2007, 10:59 AM
The Vortec 6200 that is in the Escalade, Yukon and Sierra Denali, and Hummer H2 Alpha does not have AFM. Although GM has stated that it isn't out of the question that it could get it one day.

Thats right, only the Tahoe-Suburban-Avalanche got that engine.... Thanks for that correction.

quagmire
May 6, 2007, 11:08 AM
Thats right, only the Tahoe-Suburban-Avalanche got that engine.... Thanks for that correction.

And the Yukon-Yukon XL, Silverado, Sierra, and Trailblazer/Envoy. :p The Vortec 5300 and Vortec 6000 have AFM.

Clarence
May 6, 2007, 11:16 AM
And the Yukon-Yukon XL, Silverado, Sierra, and Trailblazer/Envoy. :p The Vortec 5300 and Vortec 6000 have AFM.

Yes, my mad skills are getting rusty... I've been out of the retail GM loop for awhile..:rolleyes:

ryannel2003
May 7, 2007, 04:52 PM
Yes, my mad skills are getting rusty... I've been out of the retail GM loop for awhile..:rolleyes:

Escalade's are beautiful SUV's, even though to be honest they are gussied up Yukon Denali's and since I work at the local GM dealer I know the quality between the two and how they drive. I love those cars, but in certain respects they still can't compete with the higher-end models (no fold in floor 3rd seat, based on trucks while most are car based) but overall I would much prefer to drive one of the new ones compared to the older models. GM in a whole is getting much better with quality and performance compared to 5 years ago. The Cadillac division has done a 360. The new CTS and STS set a benchmark for GM that was nonexsistant only a couple of years ago. The SRX is best in class, the Escalade is one of the best selling luxury SUV's in the class, and the DTS isn't doing as bad as many would expect. So yeah while I used to detest GM and drive a Toyota Camry myself, do think they are doing better in every respect.

Clarence
May 7, 2007, 05:12 PM
Escalade's are beautiful SUV's, even though to be honest they are gussied up Yukon Denali's and since I work at the local GM dealer I know the quality between the two and how they drive. I love those cars, but in certain respects they still can't compete with the higher-end models (no fold in floor 3rd seat, based on trucks while most are car based) but overall I would much prefer to drive one of the new ones compared to the older models. GM in a whole is getting much better with quality and performance compared to 5 years ago. The Cadillac division has done a 360. The new CTS and STS set a benchmark for GM that was nonexsistant only a couple of years ago. The SRX is best in class, the Escalade is one of the best selling luxury SUV's in the class, and the DTS isn't doing as bad as many would expect. So yeah while I used to detest GM and drive a Toyota Camry myself, do think they are doing better in every respect.

I actually worked for Don Massey Cadillac, the number one cadillac dealer in the world, last year. Even though the product is top notch, Cadillac lowered their estimate for retail deliveries in the detroit metro region by almost half for 2007. GM's product continues to improve, but unfortunately the fuel economy does not. How about a Hybrid SRX? I'd buy one tomorrow. The STS is a great car, and at the right price point... And the re-skinned CTS is amazing. Unfortunately, the Detroit car market is barely showing a pulse. Product is good, but when it comes down to it, payment drives this market. God save Detroit!

Billy101
May 7, 2007, 08:27 PM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c225/Lee3344/EmailJpg.jpg

quagmire
May 7, 2007, 09:05 PM
I actually worked for Don Massey Cadillac, the number one cadillac dealer in the world, last year. Even though the product is top notch, Cadillac lowered their estimate for retail deliveries in the detroit metro region by almost half for 2007. GM's product continues to improve, but unfortunately the fuel economy does not. How about a Hybrid SRX? I'd buy one tomorrow. The STS is a great car, and at the right price point... And the re-skinned CTS is amazing. Unfortunately, the Detroit car market is barely showing a pulse. Product is good, but when it comes down to it, payment drives this market. God save Detroit!

It's all perception. It will take years for GM's perception to turnaround. Quite frankly, I can't stand how probably the best GM product in the 21st century so far is not selling. Of course I am talking about the SRX. It debuted in 2004-2005 and it won C&D luxury SUV of the year for 3 years in a row I believe it was despite the cheap interior. Now with 2007 with the better interior is was in 2nd place in a C&D comparo only losing to the new MDX. The SRX has remained very competitive even though it is beginning to age. Not many other GM products are in the same situation.

ryannel2003
May 8, 2007, 08:01 PM
It's all perception. It will take years for GM's perception to turnaround. Quite frankly, I can't stand how probably the best GM product in the 21st century so far is not selling. Of course I am talking about the SRX. It debuted in 2004-2005 and it won C&D luxury SUV of the year for 3 years in a row I believe it was despite the cheap interior. Now with 2007 with the better interior is was in 2nd place in a C&D comparo only losing to the new MDX. The SRX has remained very competitive even though it is beginning to age. Not many other GM products are in the same situation.

Around my area the most popular Cadillac model's include the Escalade, CTS, and the DTS (and the Deville). The SRX comes in behind those, but very few STS's are around here save for the beautiful '98-'04. People think since it's built in Detroit that it won't last for more than 2 years. That's the reason why Toyota is soon going to be the #1 automaker (even though all Camry's are built in Kentucky along with some others). Buick is also much better off with the new Lucerne, which is basically a cheaper DTS. However, to compete with the Camry and Accord they need to update the interior of the LaCrosse since it's ugly as hell and cheap as can be. Otherwise, Buick's aren't that bad.

macquariumguy
May 9, 2007, 04:43 AM
I think Cadillac has lost their way, design-wise. They're trying to be edgy and appeal to younger buyers, but these designs are going to look seriously dated in a very short time. They've forgotten who buys their cars. Older people have the money, but we don't want something that looks like a fad design.

Clarence
May 9, 2007, 09:18 AM
That's the reason why Toyota is soon going to be the #1 automaker (even though all Camry's are built in Kentucky along with some others).

It's already happened.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/24/AR2007042400167.html

brisully
May 9, 2007, 10:53 AM
I don't have a picture of my car, but I do have one of my license plate:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/147m-a-Mac.gif

quagmire
May 9, 2007, 02:24 PM
It's already happened.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/24/AR2007042400167.html

Only for the first 3 months technically. We still have almost a half a year left. GM can still technically catch up. The country that will supply the sales would be China with Buick selling like hot cakes there. I do hope Toyota does pass GM this year or in 2009. It would suck for them to lose the title on the year when GM turns 100. :(

Clarence
May 9, 2007, 02:33 PM
Only for the first 3 months technically. We still have almost a half a year left. GM can still technically catch up. The country that will supply the sales would be China with Buick selling like hot cakes there. I do hope Toyota does pass GM this year or in 2009. It would suck for them to lose the title on the year when GM turns 100. :(

Sorry, quagmire, but its over for the time being. "Toyota announced Tuesday that it had sold 2.348 million vehicles worldwide in the January-March quarter, surpassing the 2.26 million vehicles GM sold during the same period." Here is a very insightful article written by Detroit Auto coulumnist Peter Delorenzo.... http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Extra/HellFreezesOverGMFadestoNo2.aspx

quagmire
May 9, 2007, 02:43 PM
Sorry, quagmire, but its over for the time being. "Toyota announced Tuesday that it had sold 2.348 million vehicles worldwide in the January-March quarter, surpassing the 2.26 million vehicles GM sold during the same period." Here is a very insightful article written by Detroit Auto coulumnist Peter Delorenzo.... http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Extra/HellFreezesOverGMFadestoNo2.aspx

Yes I know that. But the year isn't over. GM can still catch up. That is all what I am saying. I don't care for GM being #1, but it is far from over and it isn't 100% yet that Toyota is #1. We'll know when the year 2007 ends.

Clarence
May 9, 2007, 02:48 PM
tell me about the avatar, btw... GMW? I like it.

The article I posted is very doom and gloom, but so is the detroit car market. I gotta get the hell outta here......:eek:

quagmire
May 9, 2007, 03:28 PM
tell me about the avatar, btw... GMW? I like it.

The article I posted is very doom and gloom, but so is the detroit car market. I gotta get the hell outta here......:eek:

I like BMW and GM. Best car companies in the world, IMHO.

As I already said I don't give a damn about who is #1. The only thing that is important to GM right now is getting back in the black and stabilzing their marketshare. I just stated the year is still young. GM can still be #1 by year end. But, I wish they won't lose the title in 2008 since it is GM's 100th B-Day. Now if GM loses it this year and somehow regains it in 2008, I wonder what would be Toyota's PR response be? " Due to it being their 100 B-Day we decided to hold a back a little as a B-day present for GM." Basing that response on an earlier PR statement from Toyota saying they're raising the prices on their cars to help Detroit out.

ryannel2003
May 9, 2007, 04:02 PM
It's already happened.

I think Toyota deserves every bit of it. However, I'm worried that Toyota will soon become a GM of the late 70's and early 80's with shoddy build quality and horrible performance. Most of the new car magazines have raved about the new Camry in every aspect except one: build quality. I can tell you that my Camry has solid gaps everywhere around the car, and the interior is made of high quality materials that blows away my best friends '02 Civic EX. I sure hope it doesn't happen, but you never know how the auto industry moves.

wizwaz3
May 9, 2007, 06:34 PM
I don't have a picture of my car, but I do have one of my license plate:

pic (http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/147m-a-Mac.gif)

Oh, I love it! Hope you don't have PCs line on another. :eek:

ErikCLDR
May 9, 2007, 06:57 PM
Right now I am really disappointed in Jeep. They are seriously going down the drain fast.

- Wrangler- I don't like the new style as much as the old in that they are very plasticy in the front, but the 4 door version I must say is pretty cool
- Grand Cherokee right now is OK. They drive better than the old ones, but they're interiors are not great and their styling is controversial
- Commander's I don't believe sell very well since I don't see a lot of them. They are VERY poorly designed inside and have absolutely no trunk with the 3rd row deployed
- Compass is hideous and car based and I don't think has the full heart of jeep in it
- The Patriot I think is decent looking, but again I think its not a "real" jeep. Also with a price difference of like $1000, whats the difference between that and the Compass other than styling?
- Liberty..... I never liked it, but cannot believe what Chrysler is doing. They're ruining jeep and are just turning into another fake profit point

2008 Liberty:
http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/2007/Q2/040420071816387998.jpg

Looks very similar to the Nitro
http://www.dodgeforum.com/models/nitro/images/Dodge-Nitro.jpg

Whats next... A jeep branded Dodge Magnum
------

I think I've figured out a reason why American cars don't sell. Honestly I think most American cars are ugly. They try to go off and look unique while the Europeans and Japanese come out with the real stylish cars. Seriously they should take the Hyundai approach and copy all styles of luxury cars that cost 4x as much.

840quadra
May 9, 2007, 07:09 PM

Interesting.

It has a 924 Turbo hood!

brisully
May 9, 2007, 07:11 PM
Oh, I love it! Hope you don't have PCs line on another. :eek:

Actually, the "Im a PC" plate is available, but none of my PC friends want it for some reason....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Clarence
May 9, 2007, 07:30 PM
Right now I am really disappointed in Jeep. They are seriously going down the drain fast.

- Wrangler- I don't like the new style as much as the old in that they are very plasticy in the front, but the 4 door version I must say is pretty cool
- Grand Cherokee right now is OK. They drive better than the old ones, but they're interiors are not great and their styling is controversial
- Commander's I don't believe sell very well since I don't see a lot of them. They are VERY poorly designed inside and have absolutely no trunk with the 3rd row deployed
- Compass is hideous and car based and I don't think has the full heart of jeep in it
- The Patriot I think is decent looking, but again I think its not a "real" jeep. Also with a price difference of like $1000, whats the difference between that and the Compass other than styling?
- Liberty..... I never liked it, but cannot believe what Chrysler is doing. They're ruining jeep and are just turning into another fake profit point

I'll take your bait.

"Jeep brand up 29% led by Wrangler and Patriot"

"Inventory down 18% and over 100,000 units"

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/05-01-2007/0004578121&EDATE=

The redesigned Wrangler is selling like hotcakes, and for good reason. The 4 door hardtop is sweet!

Patriot has class leading 30mpg+ fuel economy.

Commander is a boat, but its also only $250/month 2 year 12k with upfronts due at signing. Find another 3rd row 4x4 v8 that can say that.

Cherokee? Is what it is.

Inventory is down, sales are up. Whats not to like? Did Jeep pee in your Wheaties?:D

quagmire
May 9, 2007, 08:33 PM
The Compass and Patriot should have never existed under the Jeep nameplate. What's next? An Epsilion( FWD) based Hummer H5? Those products just water down the Jeep brand. Chrysler is in its own POS mode. Making very similar mistakes GM did in the past 2-3 decades( give every division the same car, TONS of incentives, etc).

PkennethV
May 9, 2007, 08:43 PM

Has any seen the jeep trailhawk (http://www.leftlanenews.com/jeep-trailhawk-concept.html)? I think it look sweeet.

I do like the old Liberty look better though. Looks too much like the Commander now.

Clarence
May 9, 2007, 08:54 PM
The Compass and Patriot should have never existed under the Jeep nameplate. What's next? An Epsilion( FWD) based Hummer H5? Those products just water down the Jeep brand. Chrysler is in its own POS mode. Making very similar mistakes GM did in the past 2-3 decades( give every division the same car, TONS of incentives, etc).

True, jeep is suffering from "me too" syndrome. One of GM biggest mistakes was spreading itself too thin with multiple brand divisions, product duplication, and its unwieldy dealer network.

But, why should Jeep be without a fuel efficent unibody passenger vehicle?? Are they trying to please the dealer, satisfy customer demand, or meet government fuel economy requiments?

Its survival of the fittest nameplate at GM and DCX. Ford actually has a leg up "only" carrying FLM, but its dealer network is weak and overpopulated.

ErikCLDR
May 9, 2007, 08:59 PM
Has any seen the jeep trailhawk (http://www.leftlanenews.com/jeep-trailhawk-concept.html)? I think it look sweeet.

I do like the old Liberty look better though. Looks too much like the Commander now.

I think the problem with the liberty is that it IS a nitro only with jeep branding and a 6 slot grill. :p

Chrysler is obviously desperate in selling cars with all of there huge incentives, and the fact that they are currently for sale (the company). One thing is for sure, they definitely not what they used to be.

quagmire
May 9, 2007, 09:04 PM
Its survival of the fittest nameplate at GM and DCX. Ford actually has a leg up "only" carrying FLM, but its dealer network is weak and overpopulated.

Ford carries, Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Volvo, Mazda, Land Rover, and Jaguar. GM carries( in the US), Chevy, GMC, Saab, Hummer, Buick, Cadillac, Saturn, and Pontiac. Chrysler has the leg up with Chrysler, Jeep, and Dodge. Only 3 brands. Unless you want to include its German step-sisters.

Clarence
May 9, 2007, 09:18 PM
Ford carries, Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Volvo, Mazda, Land Rover, and Jaguar. GM carries( in the US), Chevy, GMC, Saab, Hummer, Buick, Cadillac, Saturn, and Pontiac. Chrysler has the leg up with Chrysler, Jeep, and Dodge. Only 3 brands. Unless you want to include its German step-sisters.

We're going to agree to disagree here, because I feel that Mazda, Volvo, Land Rover and Jaguar may be owned wholly or in part by FMC, but are in no way shape or form being managed by the folks down in Dearborn. Step sisters? Lets call them second cousins. Just because Ford manufactures the Mazda 6, Mazda of N.A. still retains seperate management, my best friends wife is a DRM for them. Call her a ford employee and see what happens.

Using your logic, Mercedes, Smart and and Maybach are Chryslers problem. I'm talking big three here, in the purest of definition. :)

wizwaz3
May 9, 2007, 11:55 PM
Did Jeep pee in your Wheaties?:D

Oh my GOD! I think I love you. That was the greatest thing I've ever heard. WOW. I'm just gonna have to use that one. :)

ryannel2003
May 10, 2007, 07:14 PM

2008 Liberty:

------

I think I've figured out a reason why American cars don't sell. Honestly I think most American cars are ugly. They try to go off and look unique while the Europeans and Japanese come out with the real stylish cars. Seriously they should take the Hyundai approach and copy all styles of luxury cars that cost 4x as much.

Well Jeep is dropping the Commander due to slow sales, the new Liberty looks alot more like the Cherokee than anything else they sell right now, the Grand Cherokee seems to be doing fine (but gas prices will most likely cripple that), the Compass is horrible, and the Patriot isn't so bad (but not a real Jeep), and the Wrangler (while I have never liked them) look better than before.

ErikCLDR
May 10, 2007, 07:23 PM
Well Jeep is dropping the Commander due to slow sales, the new Liberty looks alot more like the Cherokee than anything else they sell right now, the Grand Cherokee seems to be doing fine (but gas prices will most likely cripple that), the Compass is horrible, and the Patriot isn't so bad (but not a real Jeep), and the Wrangler (while I have never liked them) look better than before.

Pretty much the only thing I like about Jeep right now is that they are offering diesel engines in their SUV's.

amd4me
May 11, 2007, 12:22 AM
They made those in the 90's? I want one!

Pac a Mac
May 11, 2007, 02:14 PM
Here's my baby...
pic (http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n141/srsound/DSCF5333.jpg)
Ferrari Enzo; I'd post my other cars too but I'd like to remain as modest as possible. I realize she needs a carwash, but I just haven't had time. Handling is great, but gas mileage could be better. Thinking of trading her in for a Smart Car in the spring...

EDIT: Incase you're wondering, my garage has a hardwood floor and I had a giant apple keyboard & mouse constructed for decoration. Really.

I did a YouTube search and according to your profile you are 1" tall and 20 years old. There is no way a 20 year old 1" high could afford a Hotwheels. In any case it has Toy Town plates and according to your profile you live in Lilliput. I'm not creepy or anything but I'm watching you now, nice dolls house, you should close the blinds when you invite polly pocket around:)

ErikCLDR
May 11, 2007, 09:11 PM
Ok so I have a really weird story...

I drove up to Massachusetts to buy gas (10 min away and $.18 cheaper). I went inside to prepay for gas and I went back outside to see a 03/04 style discovery SE pulling a boat. It drove up to a gas tank and the driver got out and started filling up the boat with gas. I starting pumping my car with gas. His wife got out and noticed I also had a discovery. She started talking to me about the ridiculous price of gas. She talked about her discovery- how it was an 03 and she loved it and how she also had a 1998 Range Rover. She then walked around my car checking it out and walked back to me and continued to talk about Rovers and how she wanted a Defender blah blah blah. While talking about this she started touching me. It was soo odd. I understand people sometimes touch you when you talk, but usually lightly and you actually know the person. This lady though was like squeezing my biceps and was feeling my love handles area I guess. It was bizzare. After continuing to blabber she randomly stuck out her hand and introduced herself by her first and last name. She said her husband owns a car dealership chain (I'm not gonna say the name). She didn't seem drunk, or smell it, but I thought it strange she was feeling me up in front of her husband.

Plymouthbreezer
May 12, 2007, 01:20 PM
-Wrangler- I don't like the new style as much as the old in that they are very plasticy in the front, but the 4 door version I must say is pretty cool
They are actually overall better than the old ones... Less plastic and a much much better interior.
- Grand Cherokee right now is OK. They drive better than the old ones, but they're interiors are not great and their styling is controversial It's on par, if not better than Ford's offerings, and will run circles around any Trail Blazer.
- Commander's I don't believe sell very well since I don't see a lot of them. They are VERY poorly designed inside and have absolutely no trunk with the 3rd row deployedYou might not see many because you live in the middle of bum****. :p
- Compass is hideous and car based and I don't think has the full heart of jeep in itYeah. I guess I agree. But Crossovers do sell.
- The Patriot I think is decent looking, but again I think its not a "real" jeep. Also with a price difference of like $1000, whats the difference between that and the Compass other than styling?Nothing. They are targeted at two different demographics.
- Liberty..... I never liked it, but cannot believe what Chrysler is doing. They're ruining jeep and are just turning into another fake profit point...?? How so?

2008 Liberty:

http://www.dodgeforum.com/models/nitro/images/Dodge-Nitro.jpgThey are the same vehicle. Badge Engineering.

ErikCLDR
May 12, 2007, 01:27 PM
They are actually overall better than the old ones... Less plastic and a much much better interior.
It's on par, if not better than Ford's offerings, and will run circles around any Trail Blazer.
You might not see many because you live in the middle of bum****. :p
Yeah. I guess I agree. But Crossovers do sell.
Nothing. They are targeted at two different demographics.
...?? How so?

They are the same vehicle. Badge Engineering.

How so

you answered your own question
They are the same vehicle. Badge Engineering
Obviously pretty much every car company does this- but these look WAYYYYYYY to similar.

Jeep used to be good because they had their own vehicles and not just rebranded vehicles from other chrysler groups.

If you have ever been in a commander, you will notice the numerous major design flaws such as...
- No 5" of trunk depth with 3rd row up
- Rear a/c controls in 3rd row
- You can't see out the back of it
- No 2nd row leg room what so ever, and none in the 3rd row

Clarence
May 12, 2007, 03:56 PM
If you have ever been in a commander, you will notice the numerous major design flaws such as...

Kudos to you for keeping this thread alive.

I dont mind our commander. I've got say, I havent noticed ANY of these issues! Yeah its a bit akward, but sheesh. Most of your issues seem to come from riding in the back, or employing use of the 3rd seat, which fortunately I've never had to do. Handling? It's like driving a turd in a punchbowl. But show me a 3rd row midsize SUV that isn't!

:D

Plymouthbreezer
May 12, 2007, 05:10 PM
Obviously pretty much every car company does this- but these look WAYYYYYYY to similar.
So I'm guessing you'd have problems with this too:
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9825/large20di20ford20crown2qb6.jpg
And:
http://www.automedia.com/NewCarBuyersGuide/photos/2005/Mercury/Grand%20Marquis/Sedan/2005_Mercury_GrandMarquis_ext_1.jpg

:rolleyes:

Sure, but countless other vechicles have similar issues:

http://www.diseno-art.com/images/fj_cruiser.jpg

Try backing up in one of those. :eek:

ErikCLDR
May 12, 2007, 06:21 PM
So I'm guessing you'd have problems with this too:
And:

Sure, but countless other vechicles have similar issues:

Try backing up in one of those. :eek:

Yup. I do.

ryannel2003
May 12, 2007, 08:03 PM
I've never really been a fan of Jeep. They just aren't my type of vehicles. I prefer sporty cars or crossover SUV's. However, the good news for Chrysler is that sales are up while most other American automakers sales are down (Mainly Ford). However, I do have a praise for a vehicle. The GMC Acadia is one of the best thing's to come out of a GM factory in a long time. Great styling, engine, high quality interior, and a price that won't break the bank. GM is getting better by the day; haven't seen to many Ford Edge's on the road but I don't like them near as well as the Acadia.

mpw
May 12, 2007, 08:16 PM
They made those in the 90's? I want one!

Yup, and the 80s, 70s, 60s and 50s (but maybe not a full Cooper variant)

ErikCLDR
May 12, 2007, 08:20 PM
I've never really been a fan of Jeep. They just aren't my type of vehicles. I prefer sporty cars or crossover SUV's. However, the good news for Chrysler is that sales are up while most other American automakers sales are down (Mainly Ford). However, I do have a praise for a vehicle. The GMC Acadia is one of the best thing's to come out of a GM factory in a long time. Great styling, engine, high quality interior, and a price that won't break the bank. GM is getting better by the day; haven't seen to many Ford Edge's on the road but I don't like them near as well as the Acadia.

I've seen a few edges around. They look like a Murano crossed with an early 90's boxy hatchback. I don't really like them that much, I think the grill is really what hurts it styling.

I saw a new 2008 Escape while driving today. I must say it caught my eye. I think it is significantly better looking than the last version.

siurpeeman
May 12, 2007, 09:54 PM
recent (like, today) pics of my car:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/229/495610317_a69a27c8cd.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/191/495610315_99e10d3585.jpg

zagato27
May 12, 2007, 11:04 PM

pic (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/229/495610317_a69a27c8cd.jpg)

pic (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/191/495610315_99e10d3585.jpg)

Thanks slurpeeman for actually posting a pic of your car:) . It's time for this thread to get back to the original subject. BTW, nice S2000. Cheers

KilGil27
May 13, 2007, 12:13 AM
Ok so I have a really weird story...

I drove up to Massachusetts to buy gas (10 min away and $.18 cheaper). I went inside to prepay for gas and I went back outside to see a 03/04 style discovery SE pulling a boat. It drove up to a gas tank and the driver got out and started filling up the boat with gas. I starting pumping my car with gas. His wife got out and noticed I also had a discovery. She started talking to me about the ridiculous price of gas. She talked about her discovery- how it was an 03 and she loved it and how she also had a 1998 Range Rover. She then walked around my car checking it out and walked back to me and continued to talk about Rovers and how she wanted a Defender blah blah blah. While talking about this she started touching me. It was soo odd. I understand people sometimes touch you when you talk, but usually lightly and you actually know the person. This lady though was like squeezing my biceps and was feeling my love handles area I guess. It was bizzare. After continuing to blabber she randomly stuck out her hand and introduced herself by her first and last name. She said her husband owns a car dealership chain (I'm not gonna say the name). She didn't seem drunk, or smell it, but I thought it strange she was feeling me up in front of her husband.
she wanted you to buy a car...

FadeToBlack
May 13, 2007, 12:15 AM

pic (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/229/495610317_a69a27c8cd.jpg)

pic (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/191/495610315_99e10d3585.jpg)

S2000! Very nice!

SeVeN
May 13, 2007, 12:51 AM
1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #153

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b347/TurboXT/DSCN0288.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b347/TurboXT/DSCN0290.jpg

FadeToBlack
May 13, 2007, 01:04 AM
1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #153

Love it! Back when I first got my license (about 7 years ago), I got really big into the FWD Mopars. I can't remember the specs on your particular car, but I know it's definitely quick.

I had an '86 Dodge Aries as my first car, then my Mom had a '92 Sundance. It was just a base model, though. Both of those had the normally-aspirated 2.2. (Only about 96 horsepower, I believe) Not very quick at all, but I still liked 'em.

Oh yeah, my Dad also had an '85 or so Dodge 600 Turbo. It was the 2.2 w/ 146hp. I was gonna try to talk him into giving it to me when I got my license, but he ended up wrecking it. :(

macquariumguy
May 13, 2007, 05:40 AM
Mo pics? Sure!

http://sarasotadetail.com/gallery2/d/7476-2/P8142255.jpg

http://sarasotadetail.com/gallery2/d/7988-2/IMG_4796.jpg

http://sarasotadetail.com/gallery2/d/7826-2/IMG_2725.jpg

http://sarasotadetail.com/gallery2/d/7906-2/P1010029.jpg

http://techquarium.com/gallery2z/d/13408-2/P7042021c.jpg

ryannel2003
May 13, 2007, 02:08 PM
I've seen a few edges around. They look like a Murano crossed with an early 90's boxy hatchback. I don't really like them that much, I think the grill is really what hurts it styling.

I saw a new 2008 Escape while driving today. I must say it caught my eye. I think it is significantly better looking than the last version.

I agree about the Escape. They are very nice looking vehicles, but from what I have heard the driving dynamics aren't up to that of the new CR-V, Equinox (and Torrent), and the others in the class.

TequilaBoobs
May 13, 2007, 02:25 PM
heres my arctic blue 2004 acura tsx taken with my blackbook. the angles are bad cuz it's dang hard to take pictures with a notebook.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18603605@N00/496628220/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18603605@N00/496628218/

TequilaBoobs
May 13, 2007, 02:31 PM
heres my arctic blue 2004 acura tsx taken with my blackbook. the angles are bad cuz it's dang hard to take pictures with a notebook.

http://usera.imagecave.com/members420/macrumors/Photo19.jpg

http://usera.imagecave.com/members420/macrumors/Photo20.jpg

ErikCLDR
May 14, 2007, 05:29 PM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/IMG_1092.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/IMG_1099.jpg

I HATE summer for this very reason:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/IMG_1093.jpg
(you should see my windshield too, its almost hard to see out of)

I am going to get the Chrome (nonrustable) A-Frame brush guard and some Hella's pretty soon. It will look like this...

FadeToBlack
May 14, 2007, 09:49 PM
Man, I'm diggin' the Discovery. The visibility out of that looks GREAT! Wow. I've always thought they looked cool, too.

And I'm not usually an SUV kinda guy.

E36 Pilot
May 15, 2007, 10:35 AM
I guess I'll play...

My Daily Driver: 1995 BMW M3
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/tmerendino/n3400616_30451440_3891-1.jpg

1960 Austin Healey Sprite Mk. I AKA "Bugeye"
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/tmerendino/n3400616_33962645_5572.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/tmerendino/n3400616_33962644_5297.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/tmerendino/a9e3_3.jpg

1999 Porsche 996 Carrera
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/tmerendino/n3400616_30451438_4358-1.jpg

2000 BMW 323i Sport Touring
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/tmerendino/n3400616_30451434_5188-1.jpg

Not pictured: 1990 BMW 325i Coupe, 2006 Nissan Xterra

mfacey
May 15, 2007, 10:54 AM
I guess I'll play...

My Daily Driver: 1995 BMW M3

1999 Porsche 996 Carrera

2000 BMW 323i Sport Touring

Not pictured: 1990 BMW 325i Coupe, 2006 Nissan Xterra

May I ask why you drive an old M3 daily if you have a 911 Carrera at your disposal? :confused: :rolleyes:

Love the Sprite btw. You don't see too many of those across the pond.

E36 Pilot
May 15, 2007, 12:00 PM
mfacey,

The M3 is a better all-around driver. It's easy to drive, easy to park, still fun and I don't have to worry about it. Plus, I have a boring 30 minute highway commute, and I'd rather just keep the miles off the 996.

mfacey
May 15, 2007, 12:38 PM
mfacey,

The M3 is a better all-around driver. It's easy to drive, easy to park, still fun and I don't have to worry about it. Plus, I have a boring 30 minute highway commute, and I'd rather just keep the miles off the 996.

I can see your point. It must be difficult to resist the temptation though! :D

E36 Pilot
May 15, 2007, 01:04 PM
There really isn't any temptation. When I want to drive it, I do. =)

The real temptation is the Healey. I have classic car insurance which limits my yearly mileage to under 1000 miles. I have to carefully pick when and how far I drive it.

Airforce
May 15, 2007, 03:49 PM
Don't feel like getting out the camera, but just got this little sucker for long trips. 2007 Honda Fit Sport

For only having 109hp/105tq it really doesn't seem all that sluggish compared to our 2005 Accord. The Camaro is a different story, but the Accord...it's right on par.

ErikCLDR
May 15, 2007, 07:03 PM
Man, I'm diggin' the Discovery. The visibility out of that looks GREAT! Wow. I've always thought they looked cool, too.

And I'm not usually an SUV kinda guy.

Haha thanks.

Visibility is very good in this car (infact probably the best compared to any ther car I have driven), aside from the rear columns to the left and right of the rear window are a little thick. Sitting in it you feel very high. The window isn't particularly tall but its flat and the pillars for it are very thin. The side windows are almost down to your thighs when sitting. Its also really cool how the car is designed, you almost never have to use the window visor. The sun is rarely in your eyes. Its neat. Seriously, after driving Land Rovers, driving another SUV (and cars) you will feel so low and your visibility will feel blocked.

This is the best I could do for a view of the road while driving...

FadeToBlack
May 15, 2007, 09:34 PM
Haha thanks.

Visibility is very good in this car (infact probably the best compared to any ther car I have driven), aside from the rear columns to the left and right of the rear window are a little thick. Sitting in it you feel very high. The window isn't particularly tall but its flat and the pillars for it are very thin. The side windows are almost down to your thighs when sitting. Its also really cool how the car is designed, you almost never have to use the window visor. The sun is rarely in your eyes. Its neat. Seriously, after driving Land Rovers, driving another SUV (and cars) you will feel so low and your visibility will feel blocked.

Man, that's an awesome view. Something like that would actually be ideal for me, since I'm only around 5'5." :D

I love my car, though, even if the visibility isn't as good. I may end up getting something like that Discovery one day, though. Ya never know.

E36 Pilot
May 16, 2007, 09:14 AM
Haha thanks.

Have you had any troubles with your Discovery? I had a Discovery SE7 with a manual transmission (super rare) and I liked it for all the reasons you mention but after just 2 years of ownership it needed over $4K worth of repairs. I just cleaned it up and traded it.

ErikCLDR
May 16, 2007, 04:23 PM
Have you had any troubles with your Discovery? I had a Discovery SE7 with a manual transmission (super rare) and I liked it for all the reasons you mention but after just 2 years of ownership it needed over $4K worth of repairs. I just cleaned it up and traded it.

What years was yours?

I've had mine for 2,000 miles now. The only thing that has gone wrong was that the panhard rod (?) had to be tightend. So my dad got under it with a wrench and fixed it.

My dad has a 2003 SE-7 with like 8x,000 miles on it. Its a DiscoII so its a little different. It's a little longer, has a more comfortable suspension, refined interior, climate control, usable cupholders, traction control, and down hill decent control, 2 jump seats, the optional Air suspension, and since its and 03/04 model it has the 4.6 v8 (compared to my miniscule 4.0 v8). We've bought it new and its had its share of issues- windows, door locks, sunroofs, etc the typical land rover stuff. Also the air suspension popped and one time the control unit that levels it broke. The worst was when the onboard computer fried- I think the dealer charged thousands for it. I can assure you way beyond $4000- but my dad loves it, as do I.

I have the full maintenance records of my car and not much has been done to it in terms of unexpected repairs. The thing that seems to be apparent with Land Rovers is that you either get a reliable one or an unreliable one. Our neighbors across the street have an '03 SE had they've had very few problems with their discovery and it has 7x,000 if I remember correctly.

You've got to admit, if you get a Land Rover with air suspension, you're just asking for trouble.

Anyone see that new LR3 vs. Hyundai Tuscon (I think) advertisement? I saw it on TV in a bagel shop this morning. I didn't know whether to be shocked that hyundai would compare themselves to a Land Rover (I do think hyundai will be the next acura someday, once the chinese cars come out and some time passes) or whether to laugh.

FadeToBlack
May 16, 2007, 04:57 PM
Anyone see that new LR3 vs. Hyundai Tuscon (I think) advertisement? I saw it on TV in a bagel shop this morning. I didn't know whether to be shocked that hyundai would compare themselves to a Land Rover (I do think hyundai will be the next acura someday, once the chinese cars come out and some time passes) or whether to laugh.

I haven't seen the ad you're talking about, but I doubt they were comparing the Tucson. It was probably the new Veracruz. I've read a a couple of articles in both Motor Trend and Car and Driver and they both compared the Veracruz to a Lexus, saying that the quality was just as good.

Hyundai has came a long way. I have a 2002 Elantra GT with 84k on it and it seems to be holding up great, except for a bit of paint chips and some wear on the side bolster on the driver's side seat. Just normal wear and tear and the hatch rattles a bit, but that's most likely an easy fix. I love my car.

Here are a few pics of it. I posted 'em earlier on in the thread, but I might as well post 'em again. :cool:

http://usera.imagecave.com/FadeToBlack/Elantra/Elantra18.JPG

http://usera.imagecave.com/FadeToBlack/Elantra/Elantra21.JPG

http://usera.imagecave.com/FadeToBlack/Elantra/Elantra26.JPG

http://usera.imagecave.com/FadeToBlack/Elantra/Elantra16.JPG

E36 Pilot
May 16, 2007, 05:06 PM
My Discovery was a '96 or a '97 Series I. I can't remember the exact year. It was generally reliable (never left me stranded) but when I took it in for the 60K service, the independent mechanic told me about all the things that needed to be replaced. I was a little suspicious so I had those issues validated by an inspection from another independent.

I think you're right about reliability with a LR; you get one with only a few problems, or a ton of them. For that reason, I don't think I'll ever buy another LR, save for maybe the 2004 Range Rover, which had the BMW 4.4L M62 and plenty of other BMW goodies.

ErikCLDR
May 16, 2007, 05:20 PM
My Discovery was a '96 or a '97 Series I. I can't remember the exact year. It was generally reliable (never left me stranded) but when I took it in for the 60K service, the independent mechanic told me about all the things that needed to be replaced. I was a little suspicious so I had those issues validated by an inspection from another independent.

I think you're right about reliability with a LR; you get one with only a few problems, or a ton of them. For that reason, I don't think I'll ever buy another LR, save for maybe the 2004 Range Rover, which had the BMW 4.4L M62 and plenty of other BMW goodies.

The BMW V8 was in the Range Rover from 2003 to 2005. My neighbor has a 2005 HSE and its beautiful. Every day I see it elegantly stroll my up street.

Anyways in this Hyundai vs. LR3 commercial the Hyundai is said to have better acceleration, braking, and handling. Hmmm.. maybe thats because the Land Rover is a 6,000lb tank and the Hyundai probably weighs half of that being a crossover. At the end of the commercial they joke the only thing that makes the LR3 better is the number of cupholders. Edmunds says it only is expected to get 12/18mpg, which isn't very good at all. Is a nav. system even available on this thing? Uhhh I hate marketing. Land Rover should come up with a commercial bashing the Hyundai.

E36 Pilot
May 16, 2007, 06:32 PM
The BMW V8 was in the Range Rover from 2003 to 2005. My neighbor has a 2005 HSE and its beautiful. Every day I see it elegantly stroll my up street.

You're right. I just try not to buy the first year of a model (my current lineup is an exception) and in my opinion 2005s are still crazy money for what you get. Cheers on some excellent Rover info.

ErikCLDR
May 16, 2007, 06:39 PM
You're right. I just try not to buy the first year of a model (my current lineup is an exception) and in my opinion 2005s are still crazy money for what you get. Cheers on some excellent Rover info.

I would never buy a range rover new. Seriously new they are $80,000, put 20k on them and they are down to $60,000. The 2005 also have the nice little thing built into the Nav LCD that tells you info about the 4wd system and where the wheels are and how articulated they are.

2006-present has the 4.4 Jaguar V8 or the 4.2 Supercharged.

2007 models have "terrain response" and an ever so slightly redesigned interior.

I absolutely love them. Most stylish SUV on the road, if not one of the most stylish automobiles. I also think it has the best interior of pretty much any vehicle.

amd4me
May 16, 2007, 07:15 PM

Only the 2004 had those goodies?

KatmanDu
May 16, 2007, 08:49 PM
2006 Mustang GT and 2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S

http://katsden.5100bac.net/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/stable1.jpg

One of the Mustang taking a break at Suches:

http://katsden.5100bac.net/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/fall06_4.jpg

ITASOR
May 16, 2007, 09:40 PM

2008 Liberty:

------

I love that thing that hangs down in the front of the new Liberty. Try going over a curb or rock that's higher than 4" with that...you'll destroy the whole front end. Must be trail rated. Wow.

Jeep should just make the Cherokee again...people will buy it, just put the new Wrangler engine in it if you're worried about gas mileage.

All Jeep's vehicles suck right now except for the Wrangler, and the current Liberty is decent. I really like the new style Wrangler, but the interior is TERRIBLE, the front seat in the 2DR doesn't even slide forward enough to attempt to get into the back.

ErikCLDR
May 17, 2007, 06:51 AM
I love that thing that hangs down in the front of the new Liberty. Try going over a curb or rock that's higher than 4" with that...you'll destroy the whole front end. Must be trail rated. Wow.

Jeep should just make the Cherokee again...people will buy it, just put the new Wrangler engine in it if you're worried about gas mileage.

All Jeep's vehicles suck right now except for the Wrangler, and the current Liberty is decent. I really like the new style Wrangler, but the interior is TERRIBLE, the front seat in the 2DR doesn't even slide forward enough to attempt to get into the back.

Trail rated- what because it has four wheel drive... optional?

The compass and patriot being car based are also "trail rated" :rolleyes:

Seriously I've always thought they should continue making the cherokee. People that own them like them, they are timeless (basically looked the same forever), they were bullet proof and cheap to fix.

stelie
May 17, 2007, 07:11 AM
My Car

'02 Seat Leon TDI with ~150hp - winter package etc.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4073/imgp4032bd1.jpg

My fathers Car

'02 Mercedes-Benz E320 CDI Combi Elegance with ~240hp fully loaded :)
(phone picture! - new pictures soon! because of two new cars^^)

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4458/spa0029xy6.jpg

Chrismcfall
May 17, 2007, 02:00 PM
Hey, How's the Leon? My parents have just bought a 2005 FR model.

ErikCLDR
May 17, 2007, 04:26 PM
My fathers Car

'02 Mercedes-Benz E320 CDI Combi Elegance with ~240hp fully loaded :)

except for alloy wheels or at the very least hubcaps :p

jk

Mossman
May 18, 2007, 06:13 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnymoss/503733510/in/pool-lotuscars/

xUKHCx
May 18, 2007, 06:16 PM
You will all be blown away when i post pictures of my Renault 5 (1996)

coming soon

Airforce
May 18, 2007, 09:20 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/tmerendino/n3400616_33962645_5572.jpg

Now that's a funny look car! :)

stelie
May 19, 2007, 04:24 AM
except for alloy wheels or at the very least hubcaps :p

jk

hey :) its a picture where both cars are with winter-tires!
newer pictures coming soon!

@Chrismcfall
in my opinion the `02 leon is the better choice^^
i don΄t like the newer model - style is a little bit bad and the interior also -
i drove it but its not my type .. getting a bmw z4 soon so its for sale!

Chrismcfall
May 19, 2007, 04:56 AM
Ours is the same style as yours, just made in 2005. We drove a new style in our price range. Rubbish! We got an "FR" model, which I think is the fast one.

ErikCLDR
May 19, 2007, 03:09 PM
I did some off-roading with my rover yesterday afternoon with my friend.

It did amazingly, we were driving up the trail and would stop and would say "no way can we get through this, but lets try", so we would try and the rover would get through it with no problem. I have some pretty cool pics that I need to get off my cell phone.

At one point the rover was on such an angle that the gas in the gas tank sloshed to one side and sensor for the gas tank got confused so it said I had no gas.

I need to unstick my CDL lever from unlocked though, then we would really get some off-road prowess. urrrggg!

kildraik
May 19, 2007, 03:30 PM
Are there any owners of a Chrysler Aspen? How do they ride?

Aren't they just a Durango, but with different styling?

quagmire
May 19, 2007, 05:55 PM
Are there any owners of a Chrysler Aspen? How do they ride?

Aren't they just a Durango, but with different styling?

While I am not an owner, I am sure there are tweaks done to the ride. But, I don't suspect much because it is pretty much a rebadge job. Chrysler is replacing GM as the rebadge king.

zagato27
May 19, 2007, 07:55 PM
Naaa, it's a "happy" car:) . The little beastie is smiling at you:p

Cheers

zagato27
May 19, 2007, 08:05 PM
Ok, not exactly on topic as it is not a picture of my car but that just doesn't seem to matter anymore. So here's the car I want :) :) :)

Goes best with a glass of milk;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uwswkJZEdS4

ErikCLDR
May 19, 2007, 10:33 PM
Here are some pics- not very good.

I am going tomorrow again so I will be sure to get some better pictures.

You should also be aware of the scale of everything

Clarence
May 19, 2007, 10:38 PM
While I am not an owner, I am sure there are tweaks done to the ride.

wood steering wheel, 20 inch rims, fancy grill and hood.

I'm sure I'm missing some interior appointments too.

machris
May 20, 2007, 01:02 AM
Here's what I drive, 2003 Honda CR-V:
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1728/dsc00254ek3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

poppe
May 20, 2007, 02:17 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnymoss/503733510/in/pool-lotuscars/

Could you give me a review of the car with not a huge fan-boy feel to it? I just will be in the car market soon and have always thought the design of the vehicle was phenomenal but never new if they were any good.

As a side note: I never like the interior much. How it is so open and not really like you are sitting in a cock pit.

ErikCLDR
May 20, 2007, 09:09 AM
Here's what I drive, 2003 Honda CR-V:
pic (http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1728/dsc00254ek3.jpg)

That is one crazy looking brush guard!

MalcolmJID
May 20, 2007, 05:34 PM
I finally got a pic of my car....not as impressive as everyone elses, but it gets me around! :)

mpw
May 20, 2007, 06:17 PM
Could you give me a review of the car with not a huge fan-boy feel to it?...

I had a very brief go in one when they were first released, so they've had plenty of refining opportunities since then, but I found the interior sparse compared to the 'normal' competition. Of course it depends what you're looking for from it: If you want a drivers car it's hard to beat, if you want a long distance comfortable GT look elsewhere.

I'd get one in a second, either from Lotus, or I'd really like the version.

macquariumguy
May 20, 2007, 07:24 PM
About the Elise.

Find a dealership with either a new or used one and try the following. Open the door and get in, close the door, open it, and get out. Do this five times.

If you still want the car then you must really truly love the car. Buy it. Most people will be going OMG WTF BBQ???? though and will be content to just look.

E36 Pilot
May 21, 2007, 03:04 PM

Funny to some. Cute to others. Loved by me. :D

ErikCLDR
May 23, 2007, 02:56 PM
As a rover enthusiast, I hate this commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz7u0DCw044).

What a joke.

SpookTheHamster
May 23, 2007, 03:15 PM
As a rover enthusiast, I hate this commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz7u0DCw044).

What a joke.

Why is that a joke? If it really did beat the Disco at those things then there's not really much you can do. Sure, it probably won't be as good off road, but most of the people who would be deciding between the two wouldn't care about that.

ErikCLDR
May 23, 2007, 03:30 PM
Why is that a joke? If it really did beat the Disco at those things then there's not really much you can do. Sure, it probably won't be as good off road, but most of the people who would be deciding between the two wouldn't care about that.

Most people wouldn't be deciding between the two. People buying a Santa Fe probably would not be looking to buy a Land Rover that costs 1/3 more, and people buying Land Rovers are either 1) enthusiasts or 2) want the name brand.

The Rover can comfortably sit 7 adults and still have a little room in the trunk. The v6 lr3 also has more horsepower than the base hyundai v6, and the LR3 v8 has more HP than the Santa Fe 3.3 V6 than the and I would assume a larger towing capacity (Hyundai doesn't even have listed a towing spec). The LR3 also has Air Suspension and Terrian Response which are two pretty expensive systems. The Land Rover also has the option of Navigaton and BT phone integration and they all come with a sunroof and two alpine roofs . Should I also mention the Hyundai doesn't come stock with 4 wheel drive and doesn't offer a low range.

In addition the LR3 has options such as rear seat entertainment, adaptive xenon headlights, locking rear differential and a cooler in the center console.

How is it not a joke

And BTW, the Land Rover has more cupholders.

ryannel2003
May 23, 2007, 06:43 PM
Most people wouldn't be deciding between the two. People buying a Santa Fe probably would not be looking to buy a Land Rover that costs 1/3 more, and people buying Land Rovers are either 1) enthusiasts or 2) want the name brand.

The Rover can comfortably sit 7 adults and still have a little room in the trunk. The v6 lr3 also has more horsepower than the base hyundai v6, and the LR3 v8 has more HP than the Santa Fe 3.3 V6 than the and I would assume a larger towing capacity (Hyundai doesn't even have listed a towing spec). The LR3 also has Air Suspension and Terrian Response which are two pretty expensive systems. The Land Rover also has the option of Navigaton and BT phone integration and they all come with a sunroof and two alpine roofs . Should I also mention the Hyundai doesn't come stock with 4 wheel drive and doesn't offer a low range.

In addition the LR3 has options such as rear seat entertainment, adaptive xenon headlights, locking rear differential and a cooler in the center console.

How is it not a joke

And BTW, the Land Rover has more cupholders.

Why it's possible it might be a joke, I doubt many people looking at a Santa Fe would even care about air suspension, low range 4-wheel drive, rear seat entertainment, etc. Plus, that's just more crap that you have to get fixed when it goes out (which it will eventually; depends on if you get a good or bad Rover). Hyundai does it to show that many of the features of other cars are included in their cars, at half the cost. For example, the Azera has many of the features of the much more expensive Lexus LS460(except for the self parking, but that's retarded anyway). Plus, I think that the Santa Fe looks alot better than the LR3, but that's my opinion.

buffalo
May 23, 2007, 07:14 PM
Possible dumb question:

Does a spoiler negatively affect fuel economy? I got my 2007 Ford Focus this past December. It's advertised as getting 27 city, 37 highway mpg. So far, I don't think I've averaged 27 mpg on a tank, and I have been averaging 25 mpg fairly consistently. Just about all the miles are driven locally, so I would expect the fuel economy to be on the low end, but not a consistent 25 mpg. I drive conservatively and rarely use the air conditioning. Are there any other possible explanations? Other Focus owners, what kind of fuel economy are you getting?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/156/340107060_4527acca5b.jpg

mpw
May 23, 2007, 07:57 PM
Possible dumb question:

Does a spoiler negatively affect fuel economy?... ...It's advertised as getting 27 city, 37 highway mpg.... ...and I have been averaging 25 mpg fairly consistently....
In theory yes a spoiler will affect fuel economy, in practice the one on your car probably not so much, especially on short local routes you say you drive.

The spoilers job is to channel the air passing over it to push the car into the road, aiding stability and grip this uses energy and therefore reduces the fuel economy.

If the manufacturers claim is 27mpg and you're getting 25mpg I'd say you're doin' OK as the manufactures figure is going to be a 'best case' scenario.

ErikCLDR
May 23, 2007, 08:01 PM
Why it's possible it might be a joke, I doubt many people looking at a Santa Fe would even care about air suspension, low range 4-wheel drive, rear seat entertainment, etc.

Thats my point. The commercial doesn't make sense.

Plymouthbreezer
May 23, 2007, 08:28 PM
Keeping it low-profile... Urban style. :p

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/3719/4328oq2.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/2743/4330nv5.jpg

ErikCLDR
May 23, 2007, 08:33 PM
Nice shot PlymouthBreezer

Anyone know the significance of 4 turn signals on the back of the car alone?

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/IMG_1098.jpg

I've noticed off-road vehicles such as Hummers, Monteros, and Troopers have turn and/or brake lights on their bumpers too.

smokeyrabbit
May 24, 2007, 05:18 AM
Nice shot PlymouthBreezer

Anyone know the significance of 4 turn signals on the back of the car alone?

I've noticed off-road vehicles such as Hummers, Monteros, and Troopers have turn and/or brake lights on their bumpers too.

I think 96 was the first year to have 4 turn signals in the rear. 94 only has them on the bumper but I'm not sure about 95. Mine does have 5 brake lights however.

quagmire
May 24, 2007, 03:06 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/quagmire2/.Pictures/Aura+Trophy%20front.png

http://homepage.mac.com/quagmire2/.Pictures/side.png

My Aura and the North American Car of the Year Award. :D

ErikCLDR
May 24, 2007, 04:36 PM
I think 96 was the first year to have 4 turn signals in the rear. 94 only has them on the bumper but I'm not sure about 95. Mine does have 5 brake lights however.

I read somewhere that for some reason on some discoveries either the top or bottom lights were not wired for the turn signals for some reason.

Mine has four turn signals, and 3 brake lights. The red lights on the bumper are just tail lights that turn on with the headlights.

My dads 2003 has the turn, brake, and tail lights where normal cars have them. On the bumper are a pair of tail lights and backup lights.

FadeToBlack
May 25, 2007, 12:42 AM

What a joke.

I finally seen that commercial the other day and I, too, agree that it's not a very good comparison. As much as I like Hyundai, I really don't think there's any comparison between the Santa Fe and the LR2. The Santa Fe is a very nice SUV for what it is, but it's not in the same class as the LR2 at all.

I know the point of the commercial is to show how great of a value the Santa Fe is, but I still don't think they should have tried comparing it to a Land Rover.

wizwaz3
May 25, 2007, 12:57 AM

What a joke.

I hate the commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAvGwWAPwX8) where they pitted their Azera against the LS 460.

They don't tell you the details, they don't mention that Lexus uses premium leathers, or that all wood details come from the same tree to retain grain pattern. They don't include the little luxuries like power headrests or power seat-belt adjustment. So much goes unsaid.

Same goes for the Land Rover, I just don't know LR as intimately as Lexus. Their commercials are bogus.

FadeToBlack
May 25, 2007, 01:48 AM
I hate the commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAvGwWAPwX8) where they pitted their Azera against the LS 460.

They don't tell you the details, they don't mention that Lexus uses premium leathers, or that all wood details come from the same tree to retain grain pattern. They don't include the little luxuries like power headrests or power seat-belt adjustment. So much goes unsaid.

Same goes for the Land Rover, I just don't know LR as intimately as Lexus. Their commercials are bogus.

Yeah, that commercial is a bit odd, as well. As I said in my post above yours, they are basically just trying to say what a great value their cars are, which is totally true. I bought my 2002 Elantra GT Hatch pretty much fully loaded (leather, power sunroof, central locking, keyless entry, etc., etc.) for only $5700 with 82k miles on it. Damn good value in my book. And my car feels a lot more solid than the 2001 Cavalier I had before. I love it.

I do think the commercials are a bit misleading, though. As I said, they are comparing cars that aren't in the same class. The Azera would compare a little better with maybe a Toyota Avalon or something, not a Lexus.

wizwaz3
May 25, 2007, 11:18 AM
The Azera would compare a little better with maybe a Toyota Avalon or something, not a Lexus.

YES! The Avalon would be a worthy opponent, it would be fair. The only Lexus I could see a fair fight with would be the IS 250. That bases around the same place as the Azera.

Well, maybe not, since it is a Lexus. :p

TequilaBoobs
May 25, 2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah, that commercial is a bit odd, as well. As I said in my post above yours, they are basically just trying to say what a great value their cars are, which is totally true. I bought my 2002 Elantra GT Hatch pretty much fully loaded (leather, power sunroof, central locking, keyless entry, etc., etc.) for only $5700 with 82k miles on it. Damn good value in my book. And my car feels a lot more solid than the 2001 Cavalier I had before. I love it.

I do think the commercials are a bit misleading, though. As I said, they are comparing cars that aren't in the same class. The Azera would compare a little better with maybe a Toyota Avalon or something, not a Lexus.

i agree with everything you said. the korean brands are offering a lot of the accoutrements that youd find on much more expensive vehicles. however, what the korean brands cannot do, as it takes car companies decades to master, is reduce the overall weight of the car. yes, they can put a V6 in to compensate for the heaviness, but as you know thats not good for fuel mileage. bmw and acura/honda come to mind when i talk about light vehicles, and they dont shirk on comfort or sportiness.

Plymouthbreezer
May 26, 2007, 10:47 AM
pic (http://homepage.mac.com/quagmire2/.Pictures/Aura+Trophy%20front.png)

pic (http://homepage.mac.com/quagmire2/.Pictures/side.png)

My Aura and the North American Car of the Year Award. :D
The Aura's are awesome cars!

I really like 'em in black, but that orange-ish leather they have looks killer IMO.

quagmire
May 26, 2007, 05:30 PM
The Aura's are awesome cars!

I really like 'em in black, but that orange-ish leather they have looks killer IMO.

http://homepage.mac.com/quagmire2/.Pictures/inside%20.png

Yep, the Morocco brown is awesome. That is why I bought it with it. :D

ErikCLDR
May 26, 2007, 06:05 PM
I did some off-roading today and here are a few pics. I went with two of my friends so those are the other people. Additionally, I got my "centre" (:)) locking differential working and I used my 4wd low for the first time. Using the CDL and the 4wd low made for amazing power and I never lost traction. It was amazing and my friends were impressed.

I love this pic:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/P1010059.jpg

(No, I'm not bottoming out)
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/P1010058.jpg

I like this one too:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/P1010046.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/P1010037.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/P1010035.jpg

Clarence
May 26, 2007, 06:53 PM
maybe somebody could photoshop my jeep in there lol.

looks like fun!

Chrismcfall
May 27, 2007, 01:41 PM
Here's my parent's new car: (I'm 14, can't drive!)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/243/516489751_cbe1c18794_o.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/254/516489753_d0f94eb84a_o.png

rickvanr
May 27, 2007, 03:17 PM
Here's my parent's new car: (I'm 14, can't drive!)
<snip>

That's one sexy looking ride, wish those were readily available in North America

yetanotherdave
May 27, 2007, 03:28 PM
Does it have to be a car? Or your vehicle, because my car is dead boring (ford escort diesel estate in a red that looks like brown), but my bike is teh sexx0r :)

http://www.theatheist.co.uk/pictures/zxr.jpg

Plymouthbreezer
May 27, 2007, 11:22 PM
Yep, the Morocco brown is awesome. That is why I bought it with it. :D
Nice nice!

FadeToBlack
May 27, 2007, 11:45 PM
That's one sexy looking ride, wish those were readily available in North America

Yeah, definitely. A VERY nice car, IMO.

I don't know why a lot of Americans have a distaste for hatchbacks. My car is a hatch and I absolutely LOVE it. It's handy. Much easier to get stuff in and out of the trunk and more room. Plus, they just look cool. :cool:

rectangular
May 28, 2007, 03:01 AM
I own a rockin' 2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs.

The pictures taken are from spring, and i now have Falken Azein RT-615 tires installed on it right now (absolutely amazing). I autocross quite a bit in the summer, and having recently purchased this car plan on the following:

Megan Racing Street Coilover Kit (8k front, 6k rear) (at this point it will be a mean G-stock racer!)
camber adjustment plates
21mm adjustable whiteline front swaybar
23mm adjustable whiteline rear swaybar
Endlinks

and then probably do a few bolt on mods for HP... but won't do anything major until I have enough money to just buy an STI

But... most likely
intake,
headers back exhaust 2.5in
and probably a few mods here and there to reduce parasitic power loss...

Chrismcfall
May 28, 2007, 07:51 AM

Yeah, definitely. A VERY nice car, IMO.

I don't know why a lot of Americans have a distaste for hatchbacks. My car is a hatch and I absolutely LOVE it. It's handy. Much easier to get stuff in and out of the trunk and more room. Plus, they just look cool. :cool:

Cheers:) It was £11000 ish for 180BHP. Better value than our VW Golf GTI, which is the same platform as this.

n8mac
May 29, 2007, 09:31 PM
Heres mine after I detailed it. Can you believe it was made in 1996! It's still a very comfortable ride.

Daveway
May 29, 2007, 10:11 PM
Heres mine after I detailed it. Can you believe it was made in 1996! It's still a very comfortable ride.

Mazda Millenia, 626?

Clarence
May 29, 2007, 10:14 PM

I have tire shine in my veins.

pincho
Jun 1, 2007, 03:46 AM
BMW 528i yr2000, 5-speed auto.. hoping to get new lights, side trim, tints and sound system in near future :)

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/3531/dsc00117largeqf8.jpg

leftfoot
Jun 1, 2007, 07:01 AM
New Daily Driver, I got too paranoid driving the Audi everyday, and wanted something with some towing capacity just in case.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/204/524720594_63014713c6_o.jpg

Stock - runs mid to high 13's. :eek: :eek:

Dr_Maybe
Jun 1, 2007, 08:32 AM
New Daily Driver, I got too paranoid driving the Audi everyday, and wanted something with some towing capacity just in case.

Paranoid of what? I'd feel more safe driving an Audi than something like with a higher center of gravity and longer braking distance.

leftfoot
Jun 1, 2007, 08:46 AM
Paranoid of what? I'd feel more safe driving an Audi than something like with a higher center of gravity and longer braking distance.

I have an RS4, and I'd prefer not to lose it in a wreck.

And the TBSS has the same brakes as a Corvette with a z51 package, so I'm not worried about stopping power, because 12.8 inch brakes are huge!

sparkyms
Jun 1, 2007, 05:26 PM
here's my car (obviously not the exact one, as ive not taken any pictures of it):
http://www.caradisiac.com/media/images/le_mag/mag266/citroen-c2-vw-lupo-3big.jpg

Jay42
Jun 1, 2007, 05:38 PM

And the TBSS has the same brakes as a Corvette with a z51 package, so I'm not worried about stopping power, because 12.8 inch brakes are huge!

My father has that car (the Audi) and it is, IMHO, the greatest sedan in production. Probably the only true sports car you can take skiing! Try driving an M3 in the snow or putting your ski stuff in a 911!

leftfoot
Jun 1, 2007, 08:32 PM
My father has that car (the Audi) and it is, IMHO, the greatest car ever. Probably the only true sports car you can take skiing! Try driving an M3 in the snow or putting your ski stuff in a 911!

What color is it? :cool:

ErikCLDR
Jun 1, 2007, 08:43 PM
My father has that car (the Audi) and it is, IMHO, the greatest car ever. Probably the only true sports car you can take skiing! Try driving an M3 in the snow or putting your ski stuff in a 911!

I've actually seen a ski rack on a 911. I was bewildered to say the least.

Jay42
Jun 1, 2007, 08:46 PM
What color is it? :cool:

Navy, or whatever Audi calls it. I'll look around but I don't think I have a picture of it here.

I have to say it is also one of the best looking sedans on the road. Sounds great too. Really very impressive all around. That being said, the pictures of the new M3 (and all of Bangle's designs) make me gag.

Clarence
Jun 1, 2007, 09:21 PM
my new rider....

2006 limited v8. yes its a stock photo but its the same damn color, wheels, everything.

I'm working at a Toyota store.. the Jeeps for sale. ;)

island
Jun 1, 2007, 11:16 PM
I'd stick with the M3, didn't like how the Audi drives. To each his own I guess...

lamina
Jun 2, 2007, 12:48 PM
1995 Honda Civic LX. 184,000km.

ryannel2003
Jun 2, 2007, 01:20 PM
my new rider....

2006 limited v8. yes its a stock photo but its the same damn color, wheels, everything.

Haha nice! I love the new 4Runner's! :)

AppleIntelRock
Jun 2, 2007, 08:46 PM
1995 Honda Civic LX. 184,000km.
thats low miles for a 95.

my new rider....

GOOD CHOICE! I'd pick a Toy over a jeep any day of the week... and twice on sunday. Plus, limited 8 runner are VERY nice cars.

I'd stick with the M3, didn't like how the Audi drives. To each his own I guess...
... asking wether to keep an bmw or get an audi is like asking wether you should sell your range rover for a jeep....
so yes. keep the m3

Clarence
Jun 2, 2007, 09:31 PM
GOOD CHOICE! I'd pick a Toy over a jeep any day of the week... and twice on sunday. Plus, limited 8 runner are VERY nice cars.

its really night and day. the 4runner just rides so solid compared to the jeep. soft but firm. its hard to explain. plus the 5 speed automatic is great.

no bling though :(

biturbomunkie
Jun 2, 2007, 09:47 PM
... asking wether to keep an bmw or get an audi is like asking wether you should sell your range rover for a jeep....
so yes. keep the m3

have you even driven an RS4 before?

the M3 is awesome, but your comparison is unjust.

ErikCLDR
Jun 2, 2007, 10:01 PM
My Jaguar.

Bought second hand so not nearly as expensive as you might think. Yes it's expensive to run. Yes it does 350 miles for £60 worth of petrol. No you can't get roof racks to fit so ski trips are difficult. No you cannot fit 4 full size (taller than say 5"6') in at all. But it's all worth it. :)

Link to pictures (http://www.robbieduncan.net/cgi-bin/get_file.cgi?file=pictures/xk8/index)

jaguars have an amazng high depreciation rate. I would never buy one new. I love them though and I really like yours. Good choice.

ErikCLDR
Jun 2, 2007, 10:04 PM
my new rider....

I like those wheels.

I am sure its only a matter of time before some 20"s find there way onto there

Kingsly
Jun 2, 2007, 10:16 PM
Here she is. Guess the year and get a prize. :D

pincho
Jun 3, 2007, 04:41 AM

hmmm somwhere between 91-99 :p

ill guess 95

roker
Jun 3, 2007, 05:23 AM
Guess the year and get a prize. :D

2001 ?

jordygreen
Jun 3, 2007, 07:51 AM
Well its the 2 or 3 shapes ago of the car so im guessing about 1999 - 2001

pincho
Jun 3, 2007, 08:26 AM
guys there was a reason i put 'between 91-99' in my post :p

combatcolin
Jun 3, 2007, 08:40 AM
Anyone got a Lotus Esprit?

my dream car, well the later models anyway.

New version out next year :D

pincho
Jun 3, 2007, 08:54 AM
only saw the Lotus Elise on the roads for the first time yesterday.. orange colour.. then saw the exact same one on teh same road toay! :D

my dream car..

http://www.caradvice.com.au/gallery/gal/LamborghiniMurcielago/IMG_0621.jpg

courtesy of caradvice.com.au..

*drools...*

combatcolin
Jun 3, 2007, 09:05 AM
The "current" Lotus Esprit, if only i had about £15,000 for a decent late 90's early 00's model.

Plus the extra money for when it falls apart....:rolleyes:

pincho
Jun 3, 2007, 09:19 AM
nicee... ferrari style.. IMO better than the current Lotus-es, looking to toyish..

combatcolin
Jun 3, 2007, 09:23 AM
nicee... ferrari style.. IMO better than the current Lotus-es, looking to toyish..

This time next year the Stig will be blasting the new Lotus Esprit round the track, the Hamster will be boasting it has almost as good good performance and handling as a Ferrari costing 3X as much and then the Clarkson will manage to find something that will fall off...

:p

2hondas
Jun 3, 2007, 12:06 PM

96'

leftfoot
Jun 3, 2007, 01:31 PM
asking wether to keep an bmw or get an audi is like asking wether you should sell your range rover for a jeep....
so yes. keep the m3

You've obviously have never driven a b7 rs4. I love m3's, but you have to give credit where it's due.

classof2011
Jun 3, 2007, 03:00 PM
New Escalade :D . Taken with a 1.3MP phone so excuse the quality.

Has a Navigation System, chrome wheels, DVD player, power stuff [except running boards] ... I think the color's called "White Diamond" ... "Light Cashmere" interior ...

I like it better than the Navigator. MUCH more smooth. After she saw one like one of her customers, she liked it and got one very similar. But I think theirs had the running boards :o

And of course, the license plate has been messed with for "security purposes" . Just in case :p

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/zackt1992/PIC-0185-Copy.jpg

rickvanr
Jun 3, 2007, 03:47 PM
so yes. keep the m3

Going to have to disagree with you there. Audi and BMW both have their ads and cons, but in the end they're on the same level.

mfacey
Jun 3, 2007, 03:56 PM
The "current" Lotus Esprit, if only i had about £15,000 for a decent late 90's early 00's model.

Plus the extra money for when it falls apart....:rolleyes:

My dad had a 1985 Lotus Esprit S3 Turbo many many many years ago (he bought it new) and sold it in '88 because we moved overseas. Fantastic looking car (from what I've seen in photos): Pearl white with light grey interior. And very fast for its day!

classof2011
Jun 3, 2007, 05:44 PM
I actually discussed LR3's / LR2'S with my mom...she said that she had a horrible experience with a Range Rover. She had to sand one down all on her own, which took her forever so she started hating it. But that was a long time ago. She's fine with them now, but they look to outdoorsy for her. :p

Idk. Her choice. Not mine. I'm only 14....but I'm getting ready to take my driver's test!!!! :D

Dr_Maybe
Jun 3, 2007, 07:19 PM

RS4's are cool. I can understand that driving that SUV is safer for the Audi, but drivers and passengers should feel safer in a lighter modern car like the Audi. No matter what kind of brakes you have in a heavy car, they will still be limited by weight and tire grip.

I thought you were paranoid about your getting in to an accident and getting hurt, but now that I see you are paranoid about hurting your RS4 I understand :)

Clarence
Jun 3, 2007, 07:26 PM
New Escalade :D Has a Navigation System, chrome wheels, DVD player, power stuff [except running boards] ... I think the color's called "White Diamond" ... "Light Cashmere" interior ...

the best of the best. cream of the crop. congrats. Best in class HP, 0-60, fuel economy, styling, interior, etc etc... hopefully mom lets you take a crack at it once in awhile.

the only people who would scoff at such a vehicle are those green with envy, because the new escalade is in a class by itself. can you spend more on an SUV? sure. check out a range rover. hope you like service departments. got an extra 50k burning a hole in your pocket? Cayanne turbo. hope you like service departments. too much bling for ya? well, yeah, it is a cadillac. they could still be selling rebaged tahoes! :rolleyes:

geeze, erikCDLR, we were just starting to get along :p

ErikCLDR
Jun 3, 2007, 07:35 PM
the best of the best. cream of the crop. congrats. Best in class HP, 0-60, fuel economy, styling, interior, etc etc... hopefully mom lets you take a crack at it once in awhile.

the only people who would scoff at such a vehicle are those green with envy, because the new escalade is in a class by itself. can you spend more on an SUV? sure. check out a range rover. hope you like service departments. got an extra 50k burning a hole in your pocket? Cayanne turbo. hope you like service departments. too much bling for ya? well, yeah, it is a cadillac. they could still be selling rebaged tahoes! :rolleyes:

geeze, erikCDLR, we were just starting to get along :p

I would rather have a Lexus LX470 (but not the 2008 or w/e that is coming out that totally bloated). I am not really a fan of lexus though. I actually really liked the old style Yukon Denalis although there interiors were hideous. An SUV is not made to be a rocketship and no matter what there 0-60 time is they are never going to handle like a sports car.

I would not be envious of an esclade, a range rover, LR3, Land Cruiser, LX470, Cayenne, Q7, etc I would be. I would definitely be have my moms 05 Touareg V8 or my dad's 03 Discovery SE-7

Kermit the frog
Jun 3, 2007, 11:01 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/accmaseedbun/P1010014.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/accmaseedbun/P1010011.jpg

combatcolin
Jun 4, 2007, 03:08 PM
My dad had a 1985 Lotus Esprit S3 Turbo many many many years ago (he bought it new) and sold it in '88 because we moved overseas. Fantastic looking car (from what I've seen in photos): Pearl white with light grey interior. And very fast for its day!

Did the have the optional Q Branch upgrades?

mfacey
Jun 4, 2007, 04:35 PM
Did the have the optional Q Branch upgrades?

Hahaha, sadly no. You can get the ski rack that 007 had in the movies for it though. I can't even begin to imagine how impossible it would be to drive in the snow though! :eek: :D

ErikCLDR
Jun 4, 2007, 05:29 PM
I saw a top gear episode where they raced an LR3 and a Aston on ice.

I assume you can figure who one. 5000lb SUV with advanced 4wd system featuring locking differentials and traction control versus a 2lb super powerful rear wheel drive sports car.

combatcolin
Jun 5, 2007, 11:43 AM
I saw a top gear episode where they raced an LR3 and a Aston on ice.

I assume you can figure who one. 5000lb SUV with advanced 4wd system featuring locking differentials and traction control versus a 2lb super powerful rear wheel drive sports car.

Same with anything car related.

Its almost as if American car manufacturers put weight right at the bottom of there things to do, while European car company's put it 1st.

Explains why the 2 types of cars are so very different.

TequilaBoobs
Jun 5, 2007, 01:03 PM
no offense, but i find the new escalades overweight and ostentatious. id rather get a merc or bimmer over the caddy. the srx is nice, especially with that huge sunroof, but the interior still lacks sophistication. but i heard it handles well, like the bimmer and new merc.

aerove
Jun 5, 2007, 01:52 PM
wat ya think abt this !!! would be buyin in 2 months .. would hav enough dough by then!!

Cybergypsy
Jun 5, 2007, 02:26 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/98/267975815_73201e04f3_b.jpg

06 Honda Civic EX with Navi

Stang68
Jun 5, 2007, 03:16 PM
My 06 mustang...i loooove it!

FadeToBlack
Jun 5, 2007, 05:27 PM
link to image (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/98/267975815_73201e04f3_b.jpg)

06 Honda Civic EX with Navi

More pics? I love the new Civics. If I was to buy a brand new car, it would most likely be an Si Sedan.

Clarence
Jun 5, 2007, 08:01 PM
the srx is nice, especially with that huge sunroof, but the interior still lacks sophistication.

hmmm, it was freshened this year, and they made some nice improvements, live reverse stiching and such. Nice vehicle, I like the V8 with the sport package.

DETROIT — Inside Line has learned that Cadillac is in the process of sprucing up its SRX lineup, adding a first-ever sport model that may hit showrooms as early as this fall.

A Cadillac insider said the 2007 SRX sport model will be top-heavy on "appearance items," including 20-inch wheels and tires, a color-matched grille, and a list of new colors. An on-sale date and pricing have not yet been determined on the SRX sport model.

The entire SRX lineup will get revamped with a new interior that is being described as "a pretty thorough change." The SRX — which competes with such vehicles as the Acura MDX, the Lexus RX 330, and the Volkswagen Touareg — has been criticized in the past for having an interior that is too plasticky and not quite up to snuff in terms of its luxury competitors.

GM recently lowered the price on the SRX by about $3,000 as part of an overall value-pricing strategy.

http://www.babez.de/cadillac/srx2007/newtitel.jpg

mBurns
Jun 5, 2007, 09:41 PM

----

pic (http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/IMG_1088.jpg)

pic (http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/IMG_1086.jpg)

pic (http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/IMG_1081.jpg)

Nice car. I'm also a Rover addict. Speaking of Rovers.. my mom bought her Discovery back in 98', same year as your LSE. She got the 50th Anv. edition and it just keeps on ticking. My Uncle has an LSE in British Racing Green which he also bought in 98'. That was a strange one and my dad has a special Kalahari edition Discovery which he bought in '02. As you can see, we're a Rover family over here! I'm hoping for an old Range Rover Classic but I'm not counting on it, especially with current gas prices -- I'll live with a Volvo 240! :P

quagmire
Jun 6, 2007, 01:43 AM

Yep, interior is much better.

'06 SRX

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/0607_z+2007_cadillac_SRX+old_interior.jpg

'07 SRX

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/0607_z+2007_cadillac_SRX+new_interior.jpg

aerove
Jun 6, 2007, 03:34 AM
I like it except for the painted frame, and those hideous mirrors need to come off since no one will be in them anyway.

its a ktm super duke . its 990cc check out more pics...

FJ218700
Jun 6, 2007, 08:34 AM

The grey half faring on the black frame looks much better. I really hate full farings.

If it were mine, I'd still remove the mirrors or get a custom set. I'd probably take off the rear fender/liscense plate bracket as well.

TequilaBoobs
Jun 6, 2007, 09:11 AM
Yep, interior is much better.

'06 SRX

pic (http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/0607_z+2007_cadillac_SRX+old_interior.jpg)

'07 SRX

pic (http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/0607_z+2007_cadillac_SRX+new_interior.jpg)

im glad cadillac listened to criticism. nice look to it

pdra05
Jun 6, 2007, 10:06 AM
the '05 320i exec.

this is the only picture i can find for now..

ryannel2003
Jun 6, 2007, 01:57 PM
I would rather have a Lexus LX470 (but not the 2008 or w/e that is coming out that totally bloated). I am not really a fan of lexus though. I actually really liked the old style Yukon Denalis although there interiors were hideous. An SUV is not made to be a rocketship and no matter what there 0-60 time is they are never going to handle like a sports car.

I would not be envious of an esclade, a range rover, LR3, Land Cruiser, LX470, Cayenne, Q7, etc I would be. I would definitely be have my moms 05 Touareg V8 or my dad's 03 Discovery SE-7

I also prefer the styling of the older Yukon Denali's, and while I agree that they aren't the best interiors they aren't that bad. They are more comfortable to sit in than the new '07's (my mom has '05 Yukon XL SLT; and I have driven alot of new Yukon's and Escalade's) However, the new models do not drive near as good as the older ones do. I don't know why, but I like the steering and the overall drivability of the old models better. Plus they look better.

ryannel2003
Jun 6, 2007, 02:00 PM
hmmm, it was freshened this year, and they made some nice improvements, live reverse stiching and such. Nice vehicle, I like the V8 with the sport package.

DETROIT — Inside Line has learned that Cadillac is in the process of sprucing up its SRX lineup, adding a first-ever sport model that may hit showrooms as early as this fall.

A Cadillac insider said the 2007 SRX sport model will be top-heavy on "appearance items," including 20-inch wheels and tires, a color-matched grille, and a list of new colors. An on-sale date and pricing have not yet been determined on the SRX sport model.

The entire SRX lineup will get revamped with a new interior that is being described as "a pretty thorough change." The SRX — which competes with such vehicles as the Acura MDX, the Lexus RX 330, and the Volkswagen Touareg — has been criticized in the past for having an interior that is too plasticky and not quite up to snuff in terms of its luxury competitors.

GM recently lowered the price on the SRX by about $3,000 as part of an overall value-pricing strategy.

The interior of the new SRX (and the upcoming CTS and STS) are huge improvements over the previous models. GM has been doing a great job on the interior of their new cars lately (along with the Cadillac DTS and the Buick Lucerne, GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave) However, they still have a way to go with many of their models (Chevy Cobalt and Pontiac G5, Buick LaCrosse) which have cheap and ugly interiors when compared with the Civic, Corolla (Cobalt) and the Camry, Accord and Altima (LaCrosse)

ryannel2003
Jun 6, 2007, 02:06 PM
my new rider....

I drove an '06 Limited V6 yesterday. Very impressed with the way it drove. I wish I could have afforded it, because it was an awesome car! :)

FJ218700
Jun 6, 2007, 02:27 PM
my new rider ... I'm working at a Toyota store.. the Jeeps for sale. ;)

Clarence, glad to see you finally came around.

Here is a more recent picture of my 40 - series FJ

Clarence
Jun 6, 2007, 06:32 PM

SWEET! I cant really get my arms around the new one, but the old FJ's and Defenders are really cool.

Here is a comparison pic with yours....

http://z.about.com/d/trucks/1/0/p/T/fj_cruiser_review_2.jpg

Here is a goofy ass pic I found... NO ITS NOT MINE. :D

http://auto.tihai.md/uploads/2006/11/toyota-fj-cruiser-convertible.jpg

VicRattlehead
Jun 6, 2007, 09:09 PM
can you id my ride?

http://thunderbird.stangnet.com/pics/DSC04692s.jpg

aerove
Jun 6, 2007, 10:21 PM
can you id my ride?

thats a superb ride u've got there mate!!!!

Sweetfeld28
Jun 6, 2007, 10:34 PM
What year is that Thunderbird? Looks like its in great condition.

FJ218700
Jun 7, 2007, 08:55 AM
SWEET! I cant really get my arms around the new one, but the old FJ's and Defenders are really cool.

Here is a comparison pic with yours....

I think if I didn't already own the 40-series, I would think the new FJ's are cool I would be interested in comparing the off road abilities of the two models. Looking at the suspensions of the new series it is likely that they can go anywhere the old ones can, but I'll be hard pressed to find someone to take thier $30,000 SUV on the trail with me the places I go.

Mark-Mac-Attack
Jun 7, 2007, 10:51 AM
Hi all, this is my car, one i take a lot of time and effort with, and love to bits.

Its a Citroen Xsara VTS Coupe 16v

2.0 Litre 16v, 167 BHP

Pics..

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l235/mdjones3000/DSC04511.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l235/mdjones3000/DSC04187.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l235/mdjones3000/DSC03707.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l235/mdjones3000/DSC05025.jpg

the last one is me at the front of a group of 25 306 gti-6's from www.306gti6.com with whom i am a member (essentially the same car underneath, so i'm allowed :p )

Mark.

wizwaz3
Jun 7, 2007, 11:59 AM
If I were you, I'd resize your images before someone freaks out... :)

srf4real
Jun 7, 2007, 05:09 PM
I've shown the outside in here before, but here is a owner's eye view. ;) :p

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n30/srf4real/s10inside.jpg

ErikCLDR
Jun 7, 2007, 06:22 PM

I love those. Very nice!

Mark-Mac-Attack
Jun 8, 2007, 03:03 AM
Freak out.. they're 1024x768, surely everyone can display that without a problem. :confused:

yetanotherdave
Jun 8, 2007, 03:19 AM

That's a fantastic bike. I love the litre street bikes I'm very jealous :)

JonR356
Jun 8, 2007, 03:31 AM
Here's mine

aerove
Jun 8, 2007, 10:52 AM
That's a fantastic bike. I love the litre street bikes I'm very jealous :)

i feel this bike looks better than the suzuki hayabusahttp://www.diseno-art.com/images/Suzuki_Hayabusa_GSX1300.jpg

Pili
Jun 8, 2007, 11:17 AM
'07 VW GTi...not the absolute fastest car on the road (no slouch either) but loads of fun to drive.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/pili4444/DSC_0120.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/pili4444/DSC_0121-1.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/pili4444/DSC_0125.jpg

wizwaz3
Jun 8, 2007, 01:51 PM
Freak out.. they're 1024x768, surely everyone can display that without a problem. :confused:

I meant one of the moderators notorious for [timg] tags...

Mark-Mac-Attack
Jun 8, 2007, 03:55 PM
Don't quite know what you mean by that... surely they would prefer hosted images elsewhere?

your golf GTi has different wheels to the UK one, nice to see you still have the tartan interior though ;)

jordygreen
Jun 8, 2007, 04:41 PM
Looks great though looks better than the GTi we have over here.

FadeToBlack
Jun 8, 2007, 07:18 PM
I absolutely LOVE the new GTI. That plaid interior is AWESOME! :cool:

rickvanr
Jun 8, 2007, 08:03 PM
That GTI is hot.. all GTI's are hot though

Awesome car. I'm biased towards VW, they do it for me.

yetanotherdave
Jun 8, 2007, 08:20 PM
i feel this bike looks better than the suzuki hayabusahttp://www.diseno-art.com/images/Suzuki_Hayabusa_GSX1300.jpg

The 'busa's an impressive ride, but it's not the best looker of the hyperbikes. Of those I'd take the Kawasaki ZZR1400 any day. (although the '07 revision of the 'busa is quite nice)

macinfojunkie
Jun 9, 2007, 10:22 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a163/Paragonvictim/plateedit.jpg
What on earth is that?! :p

It's Postman Pat's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman_Pat) MPV :D

blackscooby
Jun 9, 2007, 11:18 AM
Just put the stickers on the AMG barge for the Annual janunt to Le Mans to watch the 24h race.. Party of 3 in our convoy, TVR Chimira 5L, Subaru Legacy Spec B and my AMG. Should be a blast :)

http://www.btinternet.com/~blackscooby/front_nn.jpg
http://www.btinternet.com/~blackscooby/Bonnet_sm.jpg
http://www.btinternet.com/~blackscooby/rear.jpg

2hondas
Jun 9, 2007, 02:08 PM
Nice!

Got any pics of the Legacy Spec B? :D

FJ218700
Jun 9, 2007, 02:12 PM
I love those. Very nice!

want to trade? At 6-8 mpg (original motor, regeared to 5.29's, no smog equipment) I feel too guilty to drive it (though I only drive it once a month or so).

I'm about to put a Mustang GT motor in it. Should bump me up to about 14 mpg and 300 hp, plus less emissions.

BoyBach
Jun 9, 2007, 02:15 PM
Here's mine

What car is that? It's looks like a beauty.

macinfojunkie
Jun 9, 2007, 03:12 PM
VW is like the GM of Europe.

Hardly!

Granted they are both huge companies and with many brands under one umrella, but that is where the comparison Stops. VW makes cars people actually want to buy, and strangely enough manages to make a decent profit whilst doing so. GM on the other hand, er well on the whole don't.

Kingsly
Jun 9, 2007, 04:25 PM
ill guess 95
Wrong.
2001 ?
Wrong.
Well its the 2 or 3 shapes ago of the car so im guessing about 1999 - 2001
Wrong.
96'
Wrong.

pincho is right, it's an E36 so '92-'99.

This is one of the reasons I love it so much! She handles beautifully, drive's like she's new, and I am constantly getting bugged by people for wasting money on a "brand new" BMW. (She's a '93 ;) :D )

JonR356
Jun 9, 2007, 05:09 PM
What car is that? It's looks like a beauty.

Replica 1957 Porsche 356 speedster. Took me about 300 hours to build.

macquariumguy
Jun 12, 2007, 06:30 PM
Couple days ago.
http://sarasotadetail.com/gallery2/d/8643-2/IMG_5427.jpg

IBobby
Jun 12, 2007, 07:06 PM
My old lovley truck that i had to give up the head gaskets blew on it. I loved the hell out of this truck it was the BEST :D.

http://a310.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01246/90/31/1246191309_l.jpg

FJ218700
Jun 12, 2007, 07:18 PM
Couple days ago.

Christ, I hope you've got AT LEAST an Octo-core Pro too.

taylorwilsdon
Jun 12, 2007, 07:20 PM
Couple days ago.

Did you buy the yellow Lamborghini in the middle from Caesar's Palace consignment?

Looks like our old one.

macquariumguy
Jun 12, 2007, 08:09 PM
Did you buy the yellow Lamborghini in the middle from Caesar's Palace consignment?

Looks like our old one.

No. The green NSX is mine. I appreciated the Diablo, but the cost of admission is too much for me.

Dr_Maybe
Jun 13, 2007, 02:51 AM
can you id my ride?

Sweet. 1966 T-bird hardtop?

AppleIntelRock
Jun 13, 2007, 02:56 AM
everybody knows that lambo doesn't really make very good cars. they ridiculous, with wings and things sprouting every which way, but handling is horrible and they're all around crappy. not ferrari on the other hand....

Kermit the frog
Jun 13, 2007, 03:57 AM
I am sooooo, jealous...

I wish '05 SSM [Silver Streak Mica], had that damn stereo/ipod adapter that you kids have the option of getting. However, i am sure that you ordered your car with that option. :-)

Anyway, did you, and your buddy, get any accessories? Or are you planning to put any on your tC's? Are you guy's members of ScionLife.com? Hope both of you enjoy your tC's as much as I have.

ryan

I own a RS1.0 :p :p http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/accmaseedbun/P1010014.jpg

SpookTheHamster
Jun 13, 2007, 11:29 AM
everybody knows that lambo doesn't really make very good cars. they ridiculous, with wings and things sprouting every which way, but handling is horrible and they're all around crappy. not ferrari on the other hand....

Everybody knows that?! How had I not been told?

There was me thinking that the Diablo was an extremely advanced car for it's time, though sharing the same unreliability as any Italian supercar. Or that modern Lambos have got rid of most of the reliability issues, and can easily handle just as well as any other supercar, especially the Gallardo.