Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
so you can guess my question already
just installed Vista ultimate 32bit on my iMac core duo in my signature just because i need to use microsoft office 2010 version for windows
, everything works fine , apart from the GPU which is not recognized by windows and replaced with a poxy vga with 16mb

where do i get that driver from as ati's website is more a joke then useful to find a simple driver , i dont need catalyst i want a driver, just a driver that works not more
i am about to get a nervous breakdown and call a shrink

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
thank you , but still the same result no matter how often i even show windows that ati catalyst thing or how often i let it run windows is totally refusing to see that there is a ati x1600 inside and still using a standard vga driver for a 16mb card
not even on a hackintosh i came across such problems neither on my gaming rig's which obviously run windows natively
or do i think to difficult

update :

YES i did think to difficult , after reinstalling OSX and then windows7 via bootcamp and not even try to install any downloaded drivers windows 7 updated the ati x1600 from alone after running windows update , now even windows 7 is using the native resolution :)

and windows 7 is actually really speedy compared to snow leopard , can't beat tiger which runs on another partition but still a huge improvent over windows vista which made me switch to linux back then

now i got a real all in one computer.. Mac OS 10.4/Mac OS 10.6/windows 7/LINUX (mint,debian ,fedora,red hat)all on separated partitions and all OSes work natively

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.