PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice for a Ipad Case. NOTE: (3) Kids

sandman512
Apr 26, 2011, 07:54 AM
OK, so I have been reading has much as possible on the cases and now I think I'm more confused then before. Just ordered an Ipad 2 for the family and would like to protect it as much as possible with out bulking it up. One function it must have is the ability to have the front cover fold completely back so I can read off it. Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: Looking on Amazon, narrowed it down to three.
Bear Motion.
Targus
Toblino.

Outsider
Apr 26, 2011, 10:19 AM
I went with the Speck Pixelskin HD (http://www.speckproducts.com/tablet-ipad-cases/ipad-2-cases/pixelskin-hd-wrap-ipad-case-blue-1607.html) for iPad 2 in Cobalt blue. I know of all the weight complaints on the forums, but it's absolutely necessary for my family (a 6 yo and a 1.5 yo) who are using the iPad as much or more than I am. It covers the edges fully in a hard but giving rubber material. Covers the front when being stowed. Not a boring black like 90% of the cases out there.

It's worth considering. i haven't even gotten mine yet. Too bad. The iPad took a spill recently, and there is a nick in the aluminum. No biggie but I know where you are coming from.

clyde2801
Apr 26, 2011, 11:23 AM
You're confused because you're asking for maximum protection without bulking it up; two points that conflict with each other. Also, how old are the kids? Their age level and maturity would determine which edge of the spectrum you should go on.

For maximum protection, with a cover that detaches, the otterbox 2 is probably unbeatable. The 1st version added some heft and bulk to the first ipad and was a PITA to install and uninstall, but I didn't have to worry about my ipad while it was incased in there.

Again, it all depends on the age and maturity of the people using it. More info needed, please.

sandman512
Apr 26, 2011, 12:09 PM
You're confused because you're asking for maximum protection without bulking it up; two points that conflict with each other. Also, how old are the kids? Their age level and maturity would determine which edge of the spectrum you should go on.

For maximum protection, with a cover that detaches, the otterbox 2 is probably unbeatable. The 1st version added some heft and bulk to the first ipad and was a PITA to install and uninstall, but I didn't have to worry about my ipad while it was incased in there.

Again, it all depends on the age and maturity of the people using it. More info needed, please.

Thanks for the reply. Kids are 11,7, and 5. All, very responsible, when they use my laptop, I really don't worry. With that being said, I should of mentioned, I would like something looks nice. I have narrowed it down to the Toblino 2 or the SwitchEasy. I am still open to suggestions. THANKS!

duk
Apr 26, 2011, 03:28 PM
This one may fit your needs.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/macally-dualstand-2-case-with-stand-for-ipad-2/

http://www.macally.com/EN/Product/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=374

Dangka
Apr 26, 2011, 03:48 PM
My vote is for the Switcheasy. Many moms I know swear by their Otterbox Defender, and they have young children. But for a clean, sleek, and well made case, I pick the Switcheasy Canvas.

austinuser
Apr 26, 2011, 05:33 PM
My vote is for the Switcheasy. Many moms I know swear by their Otterbox Defender, and they have young children. But for a clean, sleek, and well made case, I pick the Switcheasy Canvas.

we have the targus truss case on our ipad. it does add bulk, but it has allowed our ipad to survive our 5 and 2 year olds. highly recommended.

i have the targus 360 rotating case for my ipad 2. it's thinner, but still seems to offer lots of protection. however, my ipad 2 is for work, so it hasn't been kid tested. :)

JessicaR
Apr 26, 2011, 09:41 PM
I agree ultimate protection without adding bulk is an oxymoron. The more protection you get the more bulk you get. However, you can get good coverage without adding too much bulk.

I am a fan of Marware products and if you look around online you can often find discount coupons to make them even cheaper (which as a mom is always a plus.) I know it was not on your list but I still would recommend the C.E.O. Hybrid iPad 2 Case
(http://www.marware.com/ipad-cases-and-covers/ipad-2-cases/c-e-o-hybrid-ipad-2-case). It adds all around protection and it shuts itself off when closed.

aricher
Apr 27, 2011, 08:41 AM

I have a black Switcheasy that my 2 1/2 year old has kid-handled for a few weeks now. It's very durable and the polycarbonate shell covers the sides and back perfectly to prevent accidental damage. That said, I had my first gen iPad in a Portenzo case which I loved and have ordered one for my iPad 2. My 2 1/2 year old used my first iPad in a Portenzo for several months with no issues.