Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andy4781

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
So i've been doing some research and haven't found a definite answer to which of the 4 below is the best:

1. dodo case
2. portenzo
a. regular case
b. alono case
3. treegloo
4. pen and quill.

From what i've seen, the dodo case is having issues with the corners and there's no magnetic on/off system, but the case seems to be very good quality.

The Portenzo seems like a great case as well, but their having major issues delivering the case in a timely manor.

The Portenzo Alono is looks great, but the cost is high and i hear it scratches a lot.

Treegloo i hear is good, but the quality of the portenzo or dodo is better.

Lastly, pen and quill is good cause they ship quickly but dodo and portenzo are better.

has anyone found one to the best over the others?

MathRulz

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Atlanta
Most not bamboo

Minor quibble: most of these cases are not bamboo but birch or pine.

Maybe the idea was "wood" moleskine?

emgoodman

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
I ordered the grove, should get it next week.

I've ordered a Grove As well. I don't think anyone is getting them as early as next week. They are updating expected ship times on the 2nd but not necessarily starting to ship then. On their FB page they have repeatedly said "it will be a while.".

TheUndertow

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
I've ordered a Grove As well. I don't think anyone is getting them as early as next week. They are updating expected ship times on the 2nd but not necessarily starting to ship then. On their FB page they have repeatedly said "it will be a while.".

Want to hear when you get it.

I'm hoping my DODO Limited comes today...AMAZED at the quick shipping.

I'm still toying with getting a custom Grove and/or Portenzo when the dust settles.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
The Portenzo Alono is looks great, but the cost is high and i hear it scratches a lot.

Not sure where you heard that, I haven't seen any chatter in these forums indicating this. I had the Portenzo Alano for my first iPad for several months before selling both and upgrading to the iPad 2. My Alano looked the same the day I sold it as the day I bought it, after HEAVY use by me, my wife and our 2 1/2 year old. It was very durable. That said, for my iPad 2 I chose not to go with the Alano as the leather is a little too flexible for my taste. I have placed a custom order for thinner black leather over the same board they use for the synthetic material. As far as Moleskine type cases Portenzo is the best in my opinion. Sure their production takes some time but the quality is worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.