PDA

View Full Version : WOW! I made the jump from 3GS to iPhone 4 today.

kidwithdimples
Apr 26, 2011, 11:46 PM
Went to Verizon, joined my family plan, came home and jailbroke it with green poison (it came with 4.2.6)

I can't get enough of how sexy it looks and retina display.

What are some jailbroken/paid apps must for iPhone 4?

:D

applefanatic32
Apr 26, 2011, 11:55 PM
It's crazy how much better the iPhone 4 looks and feels compared to the 3GS!! Here are some of the jailbroken apps I love on my iPhone!

Winterboard: Totally pimp out your iPhone! Want themes? Custom battery screens? Custom carrier logos? This program does all that and more. Absolutely essential for the jailbroken iPhone. This app is free!

Safari Download Manager: Finally download files to your iPhone directly. Almost any type of file can be downloaded right from Safari, allowing to grab, save and use any file from your iPhone without having to sync it first. Great for use with iFile. This one is free too!

kidwithdimples
Apr 26, 2011, 11:59 PM
I am quite hesitant to install Winterboard because I am coming from an iPhone 3GS which I've used for 2 years and I am afraid my iPhone 4 will become slow? or I'd have to "respring" every other hour.

Djlild7hina
Apr 27, 2011, 12:15 AM
not sure exactly what you need... but if you text then get bitesms

CBR900RR
Apr 27, 2011, 12:56 AM
If you don't have patient to wait for the ip5, at least wait for the white ip4, disgusting. JK :D

KentuckyHouse
Apr 27, 2011, 08:12 AM
I am quite hesitant to install Winterboard because I am coming from an iPhone 3GS which I've used for 2 years and I am afraid my iPhone 4 will become slow? or I'd have to "respring" every other hour.

Good lord...more misinformation! Seriously...I'm STILL using a 3GS with iOS4 (and yes, with WinterBoard and tons of themes installed), and I notice NO difference in the speed of my iPhone. And why on Earth would you need to respring every other hour (unless you're changing themes constantly)???

WinterBoard works GREAT on the 3GS and it works even better on the iPhone 4. Stop worrying and just install it...or don't. :rolleyes:

h1r0ll3r
Apr 27, 2011, 08:13 AM

I've used Winterboard from 4.0.1 up through 4.3.1 and don't have any issues. I know lots of people hate Winterboard however I find that it makes customizing your phone a lot easier. Assuming you're going to be making those kinds of mods to your phone then it's well worth it. And if you don't like it or think that it is slowing your phone down, just uninstall it. You'd only need to respring whenever you make any changes in Winterboard so you wouldn't necessarily be doing it every hour or so.

iFiend
Apr 27, 2011, 09:17 AM

The iPhone 4 has plenty of RAM to spare :)