PDA

View Full Version : Ipod and external harddrive crash

fanden
Mar 8, 2005, 05:45 PM
I have had a very wierd and yet unresolved simultanious ipod and external harddrive crash. I have 30gb g2 ipod that have gone into repetetive mode seemingly trying to start itself endlessly without ever succeeding. It cant be stopped and goes on until it runs out of battery. I have been able to reset it a few times, but it seems to be lost on me now. I have also been able to mount it a few times on my ibook, but niether diskwarrior or diskutility is able to communicate with it. Now it just starts up by itself, and then lets go after about 10 second, only to try again without me doing anything.
Within 12 hours I have also lost contact with my 250gb external maxtor hd, it does mount, but osx will not recognize it. When I run diskwarrior it freezes when trying to determine the directory, and disk utility fails because: "The underlying task reported failure on exit (-9972)"
I have a feeling these two things happening at the same time are just a coincidence, but I'd much appriciate if anyone have any suggestions.