Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vix2000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
When searching on google, clicking on a link then returning to google it used (on pc) to return you to the last item clicked so you could continue from where you left off. Now it takes me back to the top of the page and I have to find my place again which is annoying.

I don't know if theres a setting I need to change or something? Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
I don't know if this will help you or not since I'm running OS X 10.4.11 with Firefox 3.6.16 and Safari 4.1.3, but anyway, in Safari it goes back to the previous place on the Google results page, on Firefox it goes back to the top of the results page. I don't know if there's a setting that can be changed in Firefox to make it work the other way.

I never use that method, what I do normally is command click (or right click) the link so it opens in a new tab, that way I don't have to go back and forth loading the Google results page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.