Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3

Gimp Print is an opensource project which works through the CUPS system in Jaguar. Basically, if your current printer is not supported under Jaguar.... it is now. Lots of printer drivers.

Gimp-Print is a package of high quality printer drivers for Mac OS X Jaguar, Darwin, Linux, BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and other UNIX-alike operating systems. In many cases, these drivers rival or exceed the OEM drivers in quality and functionality. Our goal is to produce the highest possible output quality from all supported printers. To that end, we have done extensive work on screening algorithms, color generation, and printer feature utilization. We are continuing our work in all of these areas to produce ever higher quality results, particularly on the ubiquitous, inexpensive inkjet printers that are nonetheless capable of nearly photographic output quality. Additionally, Gimp-Print provides excellent drivers for many printers that are otherwise unsupported on Mac OS X.

arn

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
Arn, still think that you're the best!
Keep 'em commin.
Thanks to this link I will be able to print on my BJC3000.
Thxs a million.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
nice find its been out for a while now, since jag was released, saved me now I can print in OSX and not use classic anymore

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

ha ha ha...i've been waiting for a driver for my printer forever and finally it works!

Bradcoe

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2002
Northeast U.S.
Network Printer possible now?

I was reading the website a little. It looks like this is my only option when using Jaguar if I want to print to a shared printer attatched to a windows xp box. I've got an iBook with airport hooked to a network that's also got a windows xp box on it. I've got a lexmark z53 printer (usb) and I want to leave it plugged into my pc but share it so that when my ibook wants to print, i can just do it over the network and not plug the printer to the ibook. Anyone familiar with this? It's gotta be a fairly common situation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.