PDA

View Full Version : White iPhone 4 - What's the big deal???

DDustiNN
Apr 28, 2011, 04:02 PM
Seriously... It's ugly. Very ugly, compared to the sleek black one (which is quite possibly the best-looking phone ever made).

Why is this whole forum clamoring over the white iPhone??? Is it just be cause it's "new and different" or something? I mean people have been obsessing over it since the black one was released.

People are even wanting to trade their current black iPhone 4 for the "new" white one... which is exactly the same, just a different color... I honestly don't get it :confused:

Do you people also trade in your cars for the same exact model, while losing a bit of money, just because you want a different color??

Someone please provide some insightful reasoning to make this make sense to me.

Anyone?

ckc
Apr 28, 2011, 04:12 PM
I totally agree with you and certainly cannot offer any logical insight into why so many people must have one.

Personally IMHO I think it looks ugly and nowhere as sleek as the black one. I guess it it the old story of people always wanting to get something new to the market so that they can then ponce around showing off whatever it is in an attempt to impress their friends.

naths
Apr 28, 2011, 04:19 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Don't get this post??.. In one breath you say the White is ugly and the next breath the black is the most beautiful phone ever made....so u reckon a White Aston Martin DB9 is uglier than a black one... Get a grip.
Think I'm losing it to comparing a poxy phone to a Aston!!!!

ann713
Apr 28, 2011, 04:19 PM
'New and different', it is exactly that. People just have money to blow. On the other hand, I know a few friends whom have waited until this very day to purchase.

Alaerian
Apr 28, 2011, 04:28 PM
I fail to see why my color preference has any bearing on you or your choice.

I prefer the white. I'm not going to throw a hissyfit because you prefer black.

Grow up.

wordoflife
Apr 28, 2011, 04:43 PM
Seriously OP, get lost. If you don't care, then just move on.

DDustiNN
Apr 28, 2011, 06:33 PM
I fail to see why my color preference has any bearing on you or your choice.

I prefer the white. I'm not going to throw a hissyfit because you prefer black.

Grow up.

Seriously OP, get lost. If you don't care, then just move on.

These are the typical fanboy responses I'd expect on an Apple forum, although they were not what I was looking for. If you don't have anything useful to contribute to my thread, then how about you grow up and you get lost, hypocrites.

Your preference for the white version has had no effect on how much I enjoy my black iPhone 4. I'm simply curious as to why this whole forum has become overrun with countless threads about it... Even though it's the EXACT SAME PHONE, with the only difference being the color... You'd think it was the second coming of Christ himself or something.

I would genuinely like to know why it's such a big deal for everyone. Is it just because it's newer? Is it just because everyone else has a black one and you want to be different? Is it just because you buy every single product Apple releases? I mean seriously, what is it?

I'm not anti-Apple, pro-Apple, or anything to those extremes. I'm just an iPhone owner who's trying to understand the crazed iPhone owners, that's all.

DDustiNN
Apr 28, 2011, 06:36 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Don't get this post??.. In one breath you say the White is ugly and the next breath the black is the most beautiful phone ever made....so u reckon a White Aston Martin DB9 is uglier than a black one... Get a grip.
Think I'm losing it to comparing a poxy phone to a Aston!!!!

If you are implying that color does not affect how good something looks, then please explain the unexplainable: Why is the white iPhone 4 such a big deal, having the exact same specs, and releasing nearly a year after the original black one? The only difference is color, so clearly that does have an affect on people.

And yes, the white iPhone is butt ugly.

ap3604
Apr 28, 2011, 06:37 PM
I would genuinely like to know why it's such a big deal

Because people have color preferences.

What color did you choose for your car?

Do you think people would be happy if all cars only came in the color black?

For most people they want options when it comes to purchasing a product.

GimmeSlack12
Apr 28, 2011, 06:38 PM
The big deal is that it's white! What isn't there to get?
White, dude, white!

braddick
Apr 28, 2011, 06:38 PM
For someone who doesn't care, you sure do care.

DDustiNN
Apr 28, 2011, 06:50 PM
Because people have color preferences.

What color did you choose for your car?

Do you think people would be happy if all cars only came in the color black?

For most people they want options when it comes to purchasing a product.

I guess that's the most sensible answer so far, at least for first-time buyers. But that still doesn't explain the strangeness of people wanting to sell/trade their black one for a white one... especially with the iPhone 5 [supposedly] coming soon... that one still boggles my mind :confused:

I mean the Verizon iPhone 4 was already too late to the game (although yes I pre-ordered one), but this one is nearly 3 months later than that, even... I'm just wondering how many times they're gonna release the same phone and have people drool all over it.

It's just so... odd. I've never seen anything like this, except for with Apple products. It's like people are hypnotized or something.

MACiVoy
Apr 28, 2011, 06:59 PM
your name is Dustin...thats a dumb name...your parents should have CHOSE a different name..

the option of choice my friend..

posted from my WHITE mutha fukn iphone..

ap3604
Apr 28, 2011, 06:59 PM
I guess that's the most sensible answer so far, at least for first-time buyers. But that still doesn't explain the strangeness of people wanting to sell/trade their black one for a white one... especially with the iPhone 5 [supposedly] coming soon... that one still boggles my mind :confused:

Well if I had the money I can think of 3 advantages for me to get the white version instead of my black one that I have:
- White iPhone 4 doesn't show fingerprints the way the black version does like crazy
- White reflects light while black absorbs it so the white version doesn't get as hot outside or in the car
- White version is less common, so will have better resale value on craiglist/ebay

For most people though they aren't thinking about these things and just want it because they like the way it looks ;)

DDustiNN
Apr 28, 2011, 07:09 PM
your name is Dustin...thats a dumb name...your parents should have CHOSE a different name..

the option of choice my friend..

posted from my WHITE mutha fukn iphone..

Wow, MACiVoy is clearly a genius. Looks like we have a real winner on our hands, folks. :rolleyes:
Move along, kid... and try harder next time.

Well if I had the money I can think of 3 advantages for me to get the white version instead of my black one that I have:
- White iPhone 4 doesn't show fingerprints the way the black version does like crazy
- White reflects light while black absorbs it so the white version doesn't get as hot outside or in the car
- White version is less common, so will have better resale value on craiglist/ebay

For most people though they aren't thinking about these things and just want it because they like the way it looks ;)

I'm sorry but that just sounds silly now... The fingerprints thing makes sense (although I wipe mine off with a quick swipe on my pants or short and everything looks beautiful)... But the heat thing... That's really grasping for straws, lol. Plus we all know no one leaves their $600 iPhone in the car ;)

dukebound85
Apr 28, 2011, 07:11 PM
i want a blue iphone dangit

ap3604
Apr 28, 2011, 07:13 PM
I'm sorry but that just sounds silly now... The fingerprints thing makes sense (although I wipe mine off with a quick swipe on my pants or short and everything looks beautiful)... But the heat thing... That's really grasping for straws, lol.

I am pretty OCD about not letting my phone get hot. When I had my Android phones they have an app that tells you the temp of the phones battery and in California heat the battery temp when using the phone in my car would jump sometimes to over 100 degrees while using music/gps/and the sunlight hitting it. I didn't say its the major reason to get a white iPhone, just that its a very nice benefit over the black version.

xAnthony
Apr 28, 2011, 07:49 PM
i want a blue iphone dangit

A red one would look awesome!

Peanut207
Apr 28, 2011, 08:51 PM
I agree. The white Iphone4 is UGLY!

JohnnyQuest
Apr 28, 2011, 09:18 PM
The real question is why do you care?

moka
Apr 28, 2011, 09:19 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

IMO, it looks great. I always liked the white version of the iPhone.

DDustiNN
Apr 28, 2011, 09:29 PM
The real question is why do you care?

No... that wasn't the question at all, actually.

Thedeathbear
Apr 28, 2011, 09:31 PM

You forgot one.

- White iPhone is less likely to get stolen because it is so ugly.

AndrewR23
Apr 28, 2011, 09:53 PM
You forgot one.

- White iPhone is less likely to get stolen because it is so ugly.

Yeah right, the white is more eye opening. More likely to get stolen.

The white iPhone is something new. It's different. Many people in here don't like having the same exact black iPhone 4 that everyone has. I don't care though. My girlfriend is in love with it. She even put pink skins on the side too.

dukebound85
Apr 28, 2011, 09:55 PM

I think it really is

JohnnyQuest
Apr 28, 2011, 11:41 PM

Then why did you feel the need to create an entire thread about the color of a damn phone? Someone's pressed.

LightSpeed1
Apr 28, 2011, 11:44 PM
Someone who would want their white MacBook, and white iPad 2 to match would probably want.....no, need the white iPhone.

naths
Apr 29, 2011, 02:43 AM
[QUOTE=DDustiNN;12481181]If you are implying that color does not affect how good something looks, then please explain the unexplainable: Why is the white iPhone 4 such a big deal, having the exact same specs, and releasing nearly a year after the original black one? The only difference is color, so clearly that does have an affect on people.

And yes, the white iPhone is butt ugly.[/QUOTE

The iphone4 wether black or white is a great looking phone,same as lots of other phones.
Some people want choice,u might think the white is ugly,i think it looks great just like the the black one,if i had the chance to change my DB9 to a white from a metallic grey i would,same car same spec but i prefer white,waiting list was to long...simple its called CHOICE.:rolleyes:

richardmu
Apr 29, 2011, 02:06 PM
Colour is very emotive.

A few years ago in the UK you could not give away a white car. Every new one was silver.

Now it's white or black. Silver is now a big no no, unless it's a merc of course!

If I was to buy an iphone it would definitely be white. Don't like mobile phones so all a bit pointless!

This sent from my new white iPad. Love it.

naths
Apr 29, 2011, 02:14 PM
richard..someone from brizzle to lol:D