Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
Problem just showed up today.

I have iTunes set to sync the last 12 months worth of events from iPhoto to my iPhone. I have never had a problem until today. I recently upgraded the new iPhoto '11 v9.1.2.

I'll take pictures on one day and then upload them into iPhoto. The next day or so, I'll do the same and Merge them into the same event. For instance, if the pictures are just random (no specific event like a birthday, etc.) I'll just name the event "March 2011" As such, I might take some photos early in the month and then merge some photos into that event that I've taken at the end of the month.

iTunes has always recognized my Merged events as a single entity. Now, in iTunes, all my events have multiple entries. In other words, I now show 4 separate March 2011 events in iTunes...even though iPhoto only has 1 actual event for March 2011. Its as if iTunes is not looking at iPhoto for the actual event, but rather pulling its "event" data from somewhere else.

Is anyone else having this issue? This is horrendous, because now in my iPhone, I have multiple "Easter" events, so I can't view them without going in and out of each event separately.

This is definitely a bug that Apple should know about and fix. Any suggestions.

Cosmo

windirt

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2010
Yes, I noticed the issue yesterday. all my events splited into several same name one.

pound4pound30

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2009
I am also having the same issue. This is the screen shot from iTunes.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-01 at 1.23.14 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-01 at 1.23.14 PM.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 111

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
That's exactly what's going on with mine. It is so frustrating. I've done everything I can think of to no avail. Apple needs to fix this. This is not typical of "it just works" concerning Apple products.

DarkHeraldMage

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Very glad to see this isn't just me. :) I noticed this on my iPhone 4 the other night and after a couple times quitting iPhoto and iTunes in random orders I got it to sync correctly. Then I plugged in my iPhone last night and it messed it all up again, same with my iPad. I disabled photo syncing on both until this gets fixed, so now I'll be checking for updates daily. When you have a library of 10,000+ pictures that are updated almost daily, events getting messed up like this is such a big hassle. :p

henry72

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand
Same here. That's sucks!!
There is some problem with Aperture too. It won't SYNC everything to my iPad. Like I missed 20 photos out of 12xxx :confused:

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2008
Yeah same problem here, been happening to me for at least a week, filed a bug report with Apple.

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2008
UPDATE: Apple have just this moment released an update for iPhoto which says it solves this specific problem. Can't confirm downloading as I type..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.