PDA

View Full Version : Grrr, my law book tried to kill my PB keyboard

anotherjeff
Mar 9, 2005, 03:22 AM
My super heavy tort law book decided to jump off of its shelf and try to kill my powerbook keyboard today. The letter M and the spacebar will be truly missed.

Luckily the bookstore was open and I picked up a new apple wired keyboard. Now I can remain productive. I wanted a BT keyboard but they were out.

Now to reserve a time at the apple store genius bar for some help.

I have applecare but somehow I don't think this sort of thing is covered.

My plan right now is to tell the truh and hope they'll take pity.

mad jew
Mar 9, 2005, 03:27 AM
Ahh... What us uni students have to go through... But once you've got the degree you can buy the latest PowerBook G8 (codenamed Bill?) or whatever... At the rate I'm going, it could well be the G12 by then though...

Seriously though, that sucks. Did the corner of the book land on the keyboard? I can't see any other way it could do so much damage.

anotherjeff
Mar 9, 2005, 07:49 PM
Yay! Keyboard fixed at the apple store, made a reservation online, went in, keys put back on. My spacebar isn't perfect but I'll go in later if I'm really annoyed.

I also picked up iKlean, an iskin for my keyboard so it's less messy in there-boogers, hair, cheetos, whatever.

I also picked up a marware screen protector but I'm not so sure I like it since it makes the pb hard to close with the iskin on at the same time. Too much hinge pressure might be bad.

superbovine
Mar 9, 2005, 10:03 PM
My super heavy tort law book decided to jump off of its shelf and try to kill my powerbook keyboard today. The letter M and the spacebar will be truly missed.

Luckily the bookstore was open and I picked up a new apple wired keyboard. Now I can remain productive. I wanted a BT keyboard but they were out.

Now to reserve a time at the apple store genius bar for some help.

I have applecare but somehow I don't think this sort of thing is covered.

My plan right now is to tell the truh and hope they'll take pity.

as a law student aren't you suppose to figure that out on your own?

alex_ant
Mar 10, 2005, 06:40 PM
My super heavy tort law book decided to jump off of its shelf and try to kill my powerbook keyboard today.
Another argument for tort reform :D

ldburroughs
Mar 10, 2005, 06:56 PM
as a law student aren't you suppose to figure that out on your own?

Torts is a first year law course. Give him a break:) It is good to see he prefers the honest approach. Hopefully he will see thing the same way in another two years.