Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Hello,
I have a 15" Powerbook with factory installed Blue Tooth. All the sudden today my blue tooth icon says "BLUE TOOTH NOT AVAILABLE". I tried going into the utilities, and going through the blue tooth set up ect, but it said "NO BLUE TOOTH HARDWARE FOUND"! I did the firmware update months ago, and I use it with my blue tooth mouse everyday. Any ideas what's going on possible defective bluetooth module?

thanks

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
1. It's Bluetooth, one word...

2. Try
a) repair permissions
b) run dayly, weekly and monthly cron jobs
c) delete Bluetooth preferences (~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist)

How to a) and b) should be easily found using Search...

gernb

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2002
lots of problems with this.

had the same problem on a 12" pbook. Shut down. Unplug. Take the battery out for 30 seconds and put it back in. Restart. BT should return.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
I'll try these when I get home, I'm not to worried apple has always taken care of me for these things but I would rather fix it myself. This is my first powerbook problem so don't be to worried about your ibook. When I was a little G and had an ibook my case warped, and they took care of that it was like a 600.00 repair! lol and I didn't even have apple care on that one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.