PDA

View Full Version : exporting imovie to idvd

lazyboy922
Mar 9, 2005, 02:20 PM
I am trying to burn a movie that was made by a friend. I imported it from his camera to imovie. What is the best format to export to idvd with? I did it as a quicktime movie, is this the best way? It seems like such a large file ( i know movie files are), but I want to make sure I am doing it correctly.

I am also using idvd 3.0

Thanks!

kgarner
Mar 9, 2005, 02:41 PM
Don't know if your versions of iDVD and iMovie have the send to iDVD feature, but I would use that if they do. Otherwise just export it as a Full Quality DV .mov file. It will be quite large (about 13 GB/hr) but I think that iDVD requires DV video.

lazyboy922
Mar 9, 2005, 03:14 PM
yeah it has the send to idvd feature, but for some reason i get the error requires idvd 3.0 or later, yet i am running idvd 3.0.

kgarner
Mar 9, 2005, 03:18 PM
You might have a bad preference file. YOu could try trashing them for both iMovie and iDVD. Also, try to repair permissions (in the Disk Utility application in case you don't know). If that doesn't work, it wouldn't hurt to try and reinstall them and see if you can get it working again.

lazyboy922
Mar 9, 2005, 03:28 PM
thanks! but um, where are the preference files located? and i will try to repair permissions as well.

kgarner
Mar 9, 2005, 03:39 PM
They are located here:

~/Library/Preferences (~ means your user name)

You need to find something like com.apple.imovie.plist and com.apple.idvd.plist.

Move them from that folder to the Trash (don't empty the trash yet). Restart the programs and see if they are fixed if so and nothing else seems wrong then go ahead and empty the Trash. if something else goes wrong move them back fromt he Trash to the Preferences folder and you should be fine.

lazyboy922
Mar 9, 2005, 03:56 PM
That totally worked, thanks a bunch!