Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brando123b

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
So here is my story:

I'm in advertising sales. I bought an iPad 1 a couple weeks ago. I was planning on using it mostly for pleasure but after seeing some of our directors use their iPads at work I decided to see what the capabilities were on the business side.

I downloaded Citrix Reciever so I can log onto our corporate Citrix server.

The good news: Amazing, so much slicker than using my MBP with an air card and having to run Citrix in a window as our entire system is Windows based and I'm on OSX.

The bad news: The dumb thing crashes constantly. Most times I can only get 10-15 seconds into doing something before the entire app just closes.

Fast forward to today: I sold the iPad 1. If I'm going to use this for business I need 3G, as it is a complete pain and on some levels inappropriate to use client's WiFi and have to ask for their passwords to log in. I have a 16GB iPad 2 Verizon coming in a couple weeks.

Does anyone that uses Citrix Receiver have any tips or tricks? It's extremely useful in theory but it crashes so much.

Any tips/tricks/ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.