Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeoMacRumors

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2011
Maryland
I was looking today and found that the Droid X has the ability to run its apps on a flat screen. Using App - Real HDMI - otherwise it is the same as the iPhone in essentially movie output only capabilities. Coupled with a BT keyboard - it then essentially replaces the daily requirements for a laptop/desktop

I was really stunned to see that there was no equivalent capability for the iPhone. Apple and the its App community usually offers more and better function in their products. Anybody heard any rumor about Apple enabling either dual display or toggle function on HDMI?

The reason I ask, is because I am middle aged guy who wants to throw all of the laptops and desktops out of my house. I am tired of constantly having to fix and patch to keep them running. I had assumed that Smartphones would have people like me in their sites - people who just want utility functionality for their electronic needs.

Thx, Leo

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
if it does what you need then yes if not no. really depends on you some people do basic stuff so it does what you need. I used to sell computers but I could rip people off. if all you wanna do is surf a several year old pc can do that. if you want to play high end games render video photoshop etc. you need more power. some people are very happy with the iphones camera as well others like me say it's ok but at the end of the dam I want a Camera. just have to look at your own personal needs. that is my advice.

waqasmu

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2011
NY
this cab be a hot debate. I-phone can replace the laptop in future but right now it is limited. Like i am a gamer, i cant play games like far cry 2 or crysis on i-phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.