PDA

View Full Version : iPad 2 Dock (Third Party)

RossMc
May 2, 2011, 08:43 AM
Has anyone tried one of these. Do they work okay?

Just found one on eBay looks the same as the one Apple sells.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DOCK-DESKTOP-STATION-SYNC-CHARGER-APPLE-IPAD-2-/270731801751?pt=UK_Computing_Apple_Mac_Accessories&hash=item3f08df7497#ht_2546wt_1057

Mr.C
May 2, 2011, 09:14 AM
I appreciate that Apple charges way too much for it's official accessories but I still don't understand why people even consider cheap knock offs from places like EBay which are not even officially licensed. Personally I rather pay more for the official or at least the officially licensed products from reputable brands and retailers. At least I know I'm buying products that are 100% compatible and are likely to last a reasonable amount of time. Sorry, not having a go at you but just making a general statement of my view on the subject.

RossMc
May 2, 2011, 09:20 AM
Yeah I know what you mean. I was just looking about because I don't need one enough to buy one from Apple as if I bought one I don't think it would get used much.

spacepower7
May 2, 2011, 10:35 PM
I just wish apple would make an accessory that is black instead of white. Everything on my desk is black, LCD, mouse, 5 external hard drives etc.. The only white thing is my Mac mini which is actually in one of the drawers of my desk.

Hey Steve - I would have bought an iPod Hi-Fi is you had only made it in black or dark grey like all of my other stereo componets.

Hhmmmmmm - in wonder if any company every made "skins" for the iPod Hi-Fi ;)