Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LowBattery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
My son made a Keynote presentation for a school project. It includes 10 slides, two of which are videos. We recorded his voice on GarageBand and inserted the voice files onto each slide for the other slides. Then I recorded the presentation in Keynote so the slides would be timed correctly.

I've tried exporting it to YouTube three times. It takes half an hour, and is never successful. The last time, it loaded successfully, but when I click on it, each slide plays for a very long time and the sound file is at the end. Also, only the first three slides show.

I tried to export it to QuickTime, but I get the same result as the last try - the slides show for a very long time, the audio is played at the end of that time, and only a few slides show.

Can anyone help me? What am I doing wrong?

Sorry - I'm not very experienced with all this stuff so my terminology might be incorrect! :eek:

Thank you!

steveoc

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Adirondacks NY
Your best shot might be to make a screen recording of the presentation, then exporting the resultant file into YouTube. QuickTime Player X has some screen recording capabilities (File-->New Screen Recording), but I have not used it myself. ScreenFlow, Camtasia, and Voila have options to export directly to YouTube. Voila is much cheaper than the other options. I know Voila has a fully functional 15 day demo. I'm not sure about the others.

LowBattery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Your best shot might be to make a screen recording of the presentation, then exporting the resultant file into YouTube. QuickTime Player X has some screen recording capabilities (File-->New Screen Recording), but I have not used it myself. ScreenFlow, Camtasia, and Voila have options to export directly to YouTube. Voila is much cheaper than the other options. I know Voila has a fully functional 15 day demo. I'm not sure about the others.

Thank you very much! I see I have a little research to do. I wasn't interested in adding more software, but given my son's interest and the renowned capabilities of Macs, I probably should.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.