PDA

View Full Version : Help with localization (using nib files)

Nekbeth
May 2, 2011, 07:21 PM
Hello, I'm trying to add a new language to my App. I have follow this tutorial:

http://adeem.me/blog/2009/05/09/tutorial-iphone-localization-in-xib-nib-files/

I download the sample code, both French and English work ok, but if I try to add a third language (example spanish), I still get the same view as for English. *

* I have build, clean, uninstall before running the iphone simulator and no luck.

I'm sure you notice that the tutorial is done in xcode 3, I'm using xcode 4 and all the interface as well as the addition to localization is different. What I did is just to select the main xib file in the tutorial and add another localization inside the File inspector, I selected spanish-mexico and it created a folder called "es-ES.lproj". After that, I translated the nib file, save it. Build and Run..

is there something I'm missing? Thank you

LocalVersion
Jun 23, 2011, 05:25 AM
Hi there,

You're saying that you selected Spanish-Mexico and you got a es-ES.lproj folder? es-ES would be the code for Spanish-Spain, so I'm wondering if you have some sort of code mismatch. I would recommend using the generic form "es.lproj" in any case.

Best,
Eduard

Nekbeth
Jun 23, 2011, 08:47 AM
I only had to reistall the app and clean up. Localization works ok, thanks for mentioning the differences of Spain's and Mexicos Spanish folders. I'm now trying to sort the localized tableview correctly, but it's tricky because the delegate method ask for an index for row and I can't localize numbers.

Good day