Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jabbott

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2009
Rules:

1. You may only submit one photo per contest.

2. Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

3. The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)

4. At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

5. The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest.
(Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

Topic : Nature Landscapes

Show me the natural world through your eyes (and lens)! Unique framing and creative use of golden hour, ambient lighting and shadows are encouraged. Avoid including everyday man-made objects like buildings, roads, etc. unless you feel that it really adds to the photo. Please describe your photo such as when and where it was taken. Good luck and thanks for participating!

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
well, this is an old shot I took in the early morning in England.This was from my hotel balcony and I just loved the whole scene and how the light flows from one end to the other as well as the river (the Thames).

This was taken a couple of years back but i have a large print of it in my office and to be honest you need to view it full screen to do it justice so please click to view.

Attachments

• UK_PANORAMA.jpg
    UK_PANORAMA.jpg
    908.1 KB · Views: 279

epb87

macrumors member
May 14, 2006
Chicago
This was taken atop the Lanikai Pillbox Hike. The "Pillbox" shown is the lookout structure that was used during WWII to keep an eye on the coast. The beach shown is Lanikai Beach.

Pillbox View by epb87, on Flickr

johnnj

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2008
Not here
Abiquiu, New Mexico

This was from a few years back when I was first experimenting with a digital camera, a Sigma SD9. The lens was a Sigma 10-20.

2901.jpg

AoxomoxoA

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2010
Eastern Sierra panorama

13000+ foot mountains in the eastern sierras.
esierrapano1 (2).jpg

Olympus E-3, 12-60 @40mm, 9 vertical shot. Original file is 16540x3860

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Great photos so far!

4369849949_792dcb018d_z.jpg

Decided to go for a slightly different angle as everyone else seems to have their camera a bit higher!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.