PDA

View Full Version : Mac Application Copy Protection

aravind
May 2, 2011, 11:07 PM
I am trying to implement, MAC Application's receipt validation code.

While implementing this, i am able to obtain a popup which is the login page to the iTunes(with test user ID)

I am able to enter the user credentials correctly but dont seem to be obtaining a sample receipt for my Application with this process

because every time i open the application in finder the same popup occurs. I tried masking the all validation check code, except the code for checking whether the receipt is present or not. I still get popup for iTunes login. It seems that i had missed out something important

Can anyone point out that?

I am doing code signing correctly.

Using all the necessary frameworks etc.

I tried the build in the release state(duplicated release state)

Can anyone mention deep into the needed Project settings and Target settings, will i be missing something there..?

I had added my Application ie its bundle identifier and name in the MAC member center, not added the product into the MAC store and not uploaded the Application or package via Application loader?

I think these steps are to be performed, only on later stages?

aravind
May 3, 2011, 06:27 AM
I got it working, what I had left out was i had to add the application on to the iTunes.

Some of the forum members had already told me of this particular step,

but i am a bit confused about that, and i thought it will be creating Application ID in iTunes which i had already done with.

Now i realised that both Application adding and creating application ID is necessary.

Now the application works fine.