Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

archdelux

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
How can I have the apps I purchase synced across multiple ipads in the house while also having the ipads sync with different computers for different music libraries/etc?

There are 2 ipads - each with its own account, each with apps that are purchased. How do I get apps purchased on one to the other and vice versa without having to pay double each time? (while still preserving the ability to sync to different computers/etc)

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
As long as you are logged in with the same itunes account on your i-devices you can repeatedly download the same apps without paying again.

sotorious

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
As long as you are logged in with the same itunes account on your i-devices you can repeatedly download the same apps without paying again.

would you have to do this via itunes or can you do it via app store from iphone or ipad.

archdelux

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008

but what's the catch? I can simply log into and out of any account on my ipad and download the apps bought with taht account while preserving my own account's apps?

Is the only catch that 5 devices can be associated with one account?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.