PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Connect and Apple ids

Mr.Texor
May 3, 2011, 02:24 AM
I didn't know where to post this, so if I'm in the wrong forum please move it.

I have a few questions about itunes connect and apple ids:

1. While I was learning the iOS sdk, I registered to apple's developer program using my itunes apple id. I'm now about to sign up to the paid iOS developer program and I was wondering if maybe I should use a different apple id or if the account I have right now is ok. I'm getting a little bit paranoid; so, I was wondering if everyone has 2 apple ids (one personal and one for the iOS developer program).

2. Assuming it's ok to just have 1 apple id, would it let me specify my own company name? or would it use my name as the company? I've seen several apps being sold with the guy/gal name as the company name. I really don't want that :D

I had a few other questions, but I cant remember as it's late and I'm too tired... hmm.. oh well

thanks in advance.

amorya
May 3, 2011, 05:59 AM
2. Assuming it's ok to just have 1 apple id, would it let me specify my own company name? or would it use my name as the company? I've seen several apps being sold with the guy/gal name as the company name. I really don't want that :D

If you sign up for a company account (and send in documentation showing you have a registered company), you can use your company name. If you sign up for a personal account, it uses your name.

Mr.Texor
May 4, 2011, 07:39 PM
TY amorya. That's what I thought. And now, to get all the business documents ready :D