PDA

View Full Version : How an application downloaded from MAC store will behave

aravind
May 3, 2011, 06:33 AM
I am now having an application, with receipt validation implemented.
In apple documentation it says i had to always exit the application with 173 status. Should i do so while submitting the application to the MAC store in real.
If so, I think an application can be used on multiple computers at a time. All what they have to do is to enter an iTunes login details each time the application popup's a login window.

Am i correct? If i am wrong, please educate me on this..

robbieduncan
May 3, 2011, 06:46 AM
If so, I think an application can be used on multiple computers at a time. All what they have to do is to enter an iTunes login details each time the application popup's a login window.

Yes, the expected behaviour is that the application can be used on multiple Macs as long as the same iTunes account is used. If you don't want that then don't sell on the Mac App Store.

aravind
May 3, 2011, 07:07 AM
Thank you very much for your reply.

Does apple provides any checking that only a particular iTunes account details, can download a valid receipt while entering the login credentials.

What will happen when a different user copying the application to other MAC try to enter a different iTunes login details while it popups.

Consultant
May 3, 2011, 08:56 AM
How do you make software for a store you haven't even tried? And you don't even know the difference between Mac and MAC?

I bet that your software will be unsuccessful.