PDA

View Full Version : Switcheasy CoverBuddy *Smart Cover Compatible*

jedolley
May 3, 2011, 10:47 AM
Switcheasy has just released their smart cover compatible case called the Cover Buddy. It's $24.99 + 3 s/h. Looks like available now and I just ordered the clear.

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/CoverBuddy/

I will update the smart cover compatible list.

prisoner6
May 3, 2011, 12:40 PM
Very nice.

I have always been happy with my service from Switcheasy and have liked many of their products.

I wonder how "grippable" these will be. The Clear looks nice, but how prone to scratches?

I'll likely order one.

Jamie37211
May 3, 2011, 12:45 PM
Saw this on iLounge, I think. Kinda kicking myself now for pulling the trigger on the Belkin back cover over the weekend. I still have the packaging...hmmm...

Anyway, thanks for the heads up! Might be a black one and a pink one (for my wife) in my future.

gugy
May 3, 2011, 12:49 PM
I was about to start this thread too.
Looks good the CoverBuddy.

I am torn between the CoverBuddy or the Canvas from Switcheasy. Which would you guys recommend?

rhuarc3
May 3, 2011, 01:32 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm in the process of looking for a back cover and like the look of this one. Wondering if it will work with the iCarbon skin. I saw one on another thread that looked nice with the carbon behind it.

sotie
May 3, 2011, 01:55 PM
I hope someone that gets this will post a mini-review soon. I just picked up the belkin snap shield for my wife's ipad. I'd swap it for the pink version of this if it's as good. I really like the "soft" touch feeling of the belkin snap shield.

fastblack
May 3, 2011, 03:10 PM
All colors out of stock.

MRSaint
May 3, 2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks for sharing. After looking at the pics on their site, it doesn't cover enough of the part where the smart cover hinges for me. I think I'll stay with the Belkin snap case for now although the color options are tempting.

oghowie
May 3, 2011, 05:05 PM
There are a lot of these types of cases on eBay now for around $12.

gugy
May 3, 2011, 05:08 PM
Does anybody know how long the back order for the CoverBuddy might be?
Thanks

EDH667
May 3, 2011, 06:32 PM
Does anybody know how long the back order for the CoverBuddy might be?
Thanks

Just got an email back from their customer service stating; "hope to get our replenishment shipment very soon. Hopefully at the
end of this week or early next week".

gugy
May 3, 2011, 07:18 PM
Just got an email back from their customer service stating; "hope to get our replenishment shipment very soon. Hopefully at the
end of this week or early next week".

Thanks!

3goldens
May 4, 2011, 10:26 AM
I'm down with trying one of these, in black to compliment my Belkin snap shield.

Seems strange that they are sold out so quickly and not one member here seems to have purchased and talked about it, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Like a nightmare I had last night about Enki! Ya had to be there!

netronin
May 4, 2011, 10:53 AM
This looks pretty sweet with similar protection:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VFKANM

Superman Y2K
May 4, 2011, 11:00 AM

That's the same eBay case mentioned in a couple other threads.

jedolley
May 5, 2011, 11:19 AM
My Clear CoverBuddy is shipping today. Unfortunately, I will be out of town next week and won't be able to post pictures/impressions until I return.

drenline
May 5, 2011, 02:38 PM
ahh now I'm kicking myself for buying that ebay case... I love switcheasy.

soundwarp
May 5, 2011, 02:55 PM
looks like their clear are back in stock

fastblack
May 5, 2011, 09:01 PM
looks like their clear are back in stock

Sweet. Looks like all the colors are in stock right now. Just ordered a black.

melvel
May 6, 2011, 04:26 AM
I just ordered one in Pink. Hopefully, this arrives soon.

Sphyrna
May 6, 2011, 07:58 AM
I ordered mine on the 3rd even though they were backordered, hoping the backorder wouldn't be long. I got my shipping confirmation yesterday afternoon!

NickRno77
May 6, 2011, 08:08 AM
They are now listed on European Store, nearly ordered but I'm not going to pay £10 delivery from Germany to England so I'll wait for them to me listed on amazon uk. £25 + £10 ripoff .

ngod23
May 6, 2011, 08:47 AM
35 Euros about £30 doesn't seem to bad for the Switcheasy when considering an XGear Smart Cover Enhancer is £29.99 alone from mobilefun in the UK.

Shame we haven't got any feedback or close up images yet.

NickRno77
May 6, 2011, 09:05 AM
35 Euros about £30 doesn't seem to bad for the Switcheasy when considering an XGear Smart Cover Enhancer is £29.99 alone from mobilefun in the UK.

Shame we haven't got any feedback or close up images yet.

Yeh true, was looking at 1 euro = 1 UK pound. :)

gugy
May 6, 2011, 11:17 AM
Just ordered the black one.
Does anybody know if they have the rubber/silicone feeling or it's more like plastic?

jedolley
May 6, 2011, 12:20 PM
Just ordered the black one.
Does anybody know if they have the rubber/silicone feeling or it's more like plastic?

According to their site, "Durable Rubber or scratch-resist UV Coating to protect your iPad 2".

I would assume the colored ones are the durable rubber and the Ultra Clear one is the scratch-resist UV coating.

gugy
May 6, 2011, 12:25 PM
According to their site, "Durable Rubber or scratch-resist UV Coating to protect your iPad 2".

I would assume the colored ones are the durable rubber and the Ultra Clear one is the scratch-resist UV coating.

Thanks bro!
I like the rubber feeling/grip. I ordered the black. I hope it comes here soon.

Aqua Bliss
May 6, 2011, 01:32 PM

These cases are not the same. You want to get a case made out of polycarbonate. The TPU smart cover compatible cases will add a noticeable amount of weight to your iPad.

I've tried both and even though numerically it's not a huge difference, you can definitely feel the difference in weight in a TPU/rubber case vs. the polycarbonate type case. The polycarbonate case is much thinner, much lighter, and feels more sturdy.

RossMc
May 6, 2011, 02:01 PM
They are now listed on European Store, nearly ordered but I'm not going to pay £10 delivery from Germany to England so I'll wait for them to me listed on amazon uk. £25 + £10 ripoff .

Order from the International store if your in the UK.

I did for my Canvas and i'm sure including delivery it was about £10 cheaper than the European store.

rhuarc3
May 6, 2011, 11:00 PM
Any review of these yet?

jedolley
May 7, 2011, 12:15 AM
Any review of these yet?

Well, I ordered mine the first day they were available (5/3), and it shipped on 5/5. Technically, if someone live close enough to Switcheasy they could have received it the next day (5/6), but it's likely that most early orders will receive it early to mid next week.

ngod23
May 8, 2011, 11:34 AM

I did for my Canvas and i'm sure including delivery it was about £10 cheaper than the European store.

RossMc did you have to pay any import or tax charges on delivery of your canvas?

RossMc
May 8, 2011, 11:42 AM
RossMc did you have to pay any import or tax charges on delivery of your canvas?

Nope, Just the price of the case then delivery :)

prisoner6
May 9, 2011, 08:24 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing a review. I have used several Switcheasy products in the past and liked them, but want to see how this is before I decide to replace the Belkin case.

gugy
May 9, 2011, 12:38 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing a review. I have used several Switcheasy products in the past and liked them, but want to see how this is before I decide to replace the Belkin case.

Just received a black one this morning. Looks very nice and well done. Fits very well in the iPad and has a nice rubbery feeling to it.
I am still need to buy the smart cover to see how them interact together. but so far I am very happy and impressed.

dino01
May 9, 2011, 02:45 PM
Just received a black one this morning. Looks very nice and well done. Fits very well in the iPad and has a nice rubbery feeling to it.
I am still need to buy the smart cover to see how them interact together. but so far I am very happy and impressed.

Can you post some pics please

Cheers

gugy
May 9, 2011, 03:38 PM
Can you post some pics please

Cheers

not sure how to post photos.
It looks like exactly the ones from the site. you cannot really see the texture. You just feel it, is a bit like rubber. It gives you a good grip. It snaps easily in place and stay there. I am pretty happy. I just need to go buy a Smart Cover to have the final call.
Looks great so far.

Superman Y2K
May 9, 2011, 04:40 PM
Even though the website shows out of stock for the black I ordered this morning and got a shipping notice a couple minutes ago.

TwoFive3
May 9, 2011, 04:58 PM
Mine came this afternoon. I ordered the black one. Very nice build, mine came cracked however, so not too thrilled about that. Overall feel is quite nice. I think the smart cover folded back feels much better in the hand now as just a little bit thicker to hold on to is more comfortable than without the cover buddy. So far I like it. I hope they can send me a non broken one soon though. No phone number to call posted on their website so that's not great, I had to send an email.

kschles
May 9, 2011, 05:12 PM
Mine came today as well, and my initial reaction is very positive. I had previously received the Marware Microshell, and it was a nightmare to get on and off. The Switcheasy goes on and comes off quite easily. Feels very good in the hand, and the Smart Cover works well. At first I don't think I had the Smart Cover attached properly. Since the Switcheasy has a small lip that comes over the bezel, it was a little difficult to grab the Smart Cover to open it. However, when I made sure the Smart Cover was on properly, this problem disappeared. This seems to be a great combination for around the house. Might get a sleeve for traveling.

RossMc
May 9, 2011, 07:16 PM
Here is a video review of the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf1mpBCBTjE

fastblack
May 9, 2011, 09:41 PM
Got mine today. I ordered a black one and have the black smart cover. I'm liking it a lot so far. It's a hard case with a hard rubber feel.

melvel
May 9, 2011, 09:41 PM
I ordered last May 5 and have not received an order or shipping confirmation yet. But the amount I paid was already charged to my credit card. Anyway, I emailed Switcheasy and here was their response:

Due to an unexpected shipment delay from our overseas manufacturer, we are temporarily out of items for the CoverBuddy in all colors. They went so fast, we were not even able to put “out of stock” on the website.

We have been promised by the shipping company that our units will be
here within a few days.

Please note that these are estimates by the shipping company and may
vary by several days due to weather, mail volume, customs delays and
other circumstances*

If this delay is unacceptable, we understand your desire to cancel and
request a refund (that includes the shipping fees.)

Or if you are willing to wait for this item, as soon as stock arrives
it will be shipped out automatically.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience or delay this may cause you.
We appreciate your patience.

The response is unsatisfactory to me because I think they're pulling my leg. They weren't able to put "Out of Stock" right away? Why is the pink and grey still showing as "in stock" right now, while the others are OOS? When I ordered, all of them were OOS.

I hope the case is as good as the early reviews say. Their customer service so far has been disappointing.

bres
May 9, 2011, 11:49 PM
I have Ghost Armor installed on the back of my ipad2 and love it. Thinking of getting the CoverBuddy-- will it work in tandem?

Thanks--

Xultar
May 10, 2011, 02:41 AM
I got mine today. Using it with my gela skins.

The fit is fine with a skin. I may just forego the moleskin route all together. O love the cover buddy!

ngod23
May 10, 2011, 07:52 AM
So many different cases to consider in the end ive gone for the coverbuddy, no confirmation email yet though.

Switcheasy have 3 different stores Europe, International and United States. If you are in the UK you can get the cover alot cheaper through the international store rather than the European.

dino01
May 10, 2011, 11:32 AM

How long does the international store take to deliver?

NickRno77
May 10, 2011, 11:55 AM
So many different cases to consider in the end ive gone for the coverbuddy, no confirmation email yet though.

Switcheasy have 3 different stores Europe, International and United States. If you are in the UK you can get the cover alot cheaper through the international store rather than the European.

Nice 1 that's saved me 6 pounds ordering from International store rather than Europe ;)

RossMc
May 10, 2011, 12:52 PM
How long does the international store take to deliver?

Four days, It comes from Hong Kong using Fedex.

fastblack
May 10, 2011, 02:19 PM
Took some quick pictures
http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad307/Fastblack83/Cover/IMG_0548.jpg
http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad307/Fastblack83/Cover/IMG_0547.jpg
http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad307/Fastblack83/Cover/IMG_0546.jpg
http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad307/Fastblack83/Cover/IMG_0545.jpg
http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad307/Fastblack83/Cover/IMG_0544.jpg

Xultar
May 10, 2011, 08:48 PM
I love my black one. I went back to buy a clear and they are out od stock. I wish I'd bought the clear when I had the chance.

gugy
May 10, 2011, 09:56 PM
What color smart cover will work best with the Black CoverBuddy?
I was thinking black, but the cream might be interesting. Just curious what you guys have.

rhuarc3
May 11, 2011, 10:50 AM
I'm torn between this and the enki genius. I have the iCarbons front and back but want just a touch more protection. I want a clear cover to show off the carbon.

Xultar
May 11, 2011, 07:41 PM
Hey they are back in stock y'all. I got a clear one.

jxr0124
May 11, 2011, 08:07 PM
Got mine today...Ordered it on Saturday. I must say it is great, quality is top notch. It is exactly what I wanted, adds very little weight and bulk to my IPad. This is my 3rd case and I finally got what I wanted. Fits perfectly, feels and looks very high quality. The cut-outs are in the perfect positions.....I also love the exterior texture of the case, has a grippy feel to it.....:D

dogbiskit2
May 11, 2011, 08:42 PM
Got mine today...Ordered it on Saturday. I must say it is great, quality is top notch. It is exactly what I wanted, adds very little weight and bulk to my IPad. This is my 3rd case and I finally got what I wanted. Fits perfectly, feels and looks very high quality. The cut-outs are in the perfect positions.....I also love the exterior texture of the case, has a grippy feel to it.....:D

I also got mine today and have to say you're right on. Fantastic case. Up until now I've had just a phantom skinz skin on the back and while I have loved the slim form factor, I've always felt I had to baby it a little too much. So, when two of the corners started to lift, I looked into a thin case that was smart cover compatible. I was going to get the "full protection" version of the belkin snap shield but couldn't find it, so I went with the cover buddy (gray) when I saw it was in stock. No regrets at this point - it's the perfect compromise for me. :D

PS It fits fine over the phantom skinz (matte)

NickRno77
May 13, 2011, 04:36 PM
Received my Black Coverbuddy this morning, most impressed with speed of delivery from International Store to UK ordered Tuesday, was sent on Wednesday from HK, received today. Quality excellent, matches with my Poly Black Smartcover pefectly. :)

rhuarc3
May 14, 2011, 09:49 AM
Ordered a clear one at the beginning of the week, still nothing from switcheasy. About how long did everyone have to wait to get any response from them? It's rather frustrating.

Faded1984
May 14, 2011, 12:00 PM
Ordered a clear one at the beginning of the week, still nothing from switcheasy. About how long did everyone have to wait to get any response from them? It's rather frustrating.

I've ordered one today from the international store so I'll let you know if/when they get in touch.

oghowie
May 14, 2011, 03:02 PM
Received my Black Coverbuddy this morning, most impressed with speed of delivery from International Store to UK ordered Tuesday, was sent on Wednesday from HK, received today. Quality excellent, matches with my Poly Black Smartcover pefectly. :)

Poly Black Smart Cover? I wish...

NickRno77
May 14, 2011, 03:12 PM
Poly Black Smart Cover? I wish...

I got a replica:eek:From sw-box.com

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=12525041&postcount=207

There's a little discussion about it as you see, I think you can get these replica ones on eBay as well, not sure if they are as good as the sw-box smart cover?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=12525041#post12525041

oghowie
May 14, 2011, 03:24 PM
I got a replica:eek:From sw-box.com

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=12525041&postcount=207

There's a little discussion about it as you see, I think you can get these replica ones on eBay as well, not sure if they are as good as the sw-box smart cover?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=12525041#post12525041

Oh I see. Thanks.

Hmmm, it's actually not that much cheaper than a real poly smart cover.

NickRno77
May 14, 2011, 03:28 PM
Oh I see. Thanks.

Hmmm, it's actually not that much cheaper than a real poly smart cover.

Yeh I know but it's black and a lot cheeper than a apple leather black.

candyshell
May 14, 2011, 03:49 PM
ordered 1 this morning :)
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=c6684b5502fa2a415a104d824988c196&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fatt.macrumors.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D1146867&v=1&libid=1305407214726&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.switcheasy.com%2Fproducts%2FCoverBuddy%2F&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fatt.macrumors.com%2Fmember.php%3Fu%3D442070&title=Switcheasy%20CoverBuddy%20*Smart%20Cover%20Compatible*%20-%20MacRumors%20Forums&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.switcheasy.com%2Fproducts%2FCoverBuddy%2F

pbateman.as
May 14, 2011, 04:34 PM
Just ordered one on grey, which says in stock, so let's see. I ordered a Canvas in black and had good luck with the process, maybe I'll get lucky again.

gigaguy
May 14, 2011, 05:55 PM
I use a Yoobao leather folio and love it but when using my smart cover option, I want a grippy back case. My main need, Rubbery! Grip! It looks like the CoverBuddy is, but I have 2 ebay back cases now that were all described as textured and grippy and they were NOT. One had a texture for sure, but it was like teflon pan texture and slippery.

I want a case that I can hold the iPad flat against my palm almost vertically and it will stick! I want a lot of grip. Is this the back case for me? It looks like it in the pics. I just hate to pile up one more case that's not grippy enough. I'd want the black, I see the clear ones are not coated. thanks smart Buddies!

seanpholman
May 16, 2011, 11:28 PM
I got mine and love it. It is rubberized for grip and super thin so as not to detract from the iPad form factor. Also works perfect with my Smart Cover. My disappointment is that I chose grey. Too light for my white iPad and red Smart Cover. Would def recommend for those who don't want a bulky cover.

--Sean

guinness8878
May 16, 2011, 11:54 PM
I received the blue today, matches the smart cover perfect. A little thicker than the belkin, but not by much. I also like the texture on the switcheasy better than the belkin. Would recommend.

yOyOYoo
May 17, 2011, 01:43 AM
Here's a review: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/switcheasy-coverbuddy-for-ipad-2/

I'm sold!

Tramer22
May 17, 2011, 06:10 AM
I received the blue today, matches the smart cover perfect. A little thicker than the belkin, but not by much. I also like the texture on the switcheasy better than the belkin. Would recommend.

Can you tell me positive/negatives of the Belkin cover and the Switcheasy? You have both? Do you like both of them? Did either one crack when you tried to take it off? If anyone has both, please let know which you prefer and why. I am trying to decide which one I want to get. Thanks!

Faded1984
May 17, 2011, 06:25 AM
I got an email from Switcheasy this morning saying the black was out of stock and that my order has been put on hold, unless I would prefer the clear or the pink one.
I've emailed back to see when they are expecting the black ones in again.

EDIT- They have now replied saying they don't know when more stock will be in.

rhuarc3
May 17, 2011, 01:11 PM
On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 4:53 PM, I wrote:

Hello, I placed an order 2 days ago for a clear coverbuddy and have not received an order confirmation. My credit card has been charged for the product. But I did not receive a receipt from you. The order was placed through the us website and payed through paypal. Unique Transaction ID #88888888883300

If you could email me some info on my order ( order number, confirmation of payment receipt).

Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

- Robert Buckingham (names have been changed to protect the innocent)

response:

Shipping is delayed 2-3 days. We are working to get back on schedule.
You will receive a shipment notification once your order has been shipped out.

Sincerely,
SwitchEasy USA CustomerServiceTeam
www.switcheasy.com (USA Website)

So now back to waiting. no further info from them. :(

kingalien
May 17, 2011, 01:19 PM
I placed order for black and clear CoverBuddy(ies). Ordered last week. Black has arrived. Clear is on backorder - no ETA.

yOyOYoo
May 17, 2011, 03:40 PM
Can someone post pictures of the edges of the coverbuddy?

Just want a close up of how much of the lip shows around the screen.

Thanks!

Xultar
May 17, 2011, 03:51 PM
Can someone post pictures of the edges of the coverbuddy?

Just want a close up of how much of the lip shows around the screen.

Thanks!

There is a huge picture on page 2. Did you see it?

guinness8878
May 17, 2011, 04:41 PM
Can you tell me positive/negatives of the Belkin cover and the Switcheasy? You have both? Do you like both of them? Did either one crack when you tried to take it off? If anyone has both, please let know which you prefer and why. I am trying to decide which one I want to get. Thanks!

I didn't like the belkin because it was clear, any debris under was visible and the rubber texture on it absorbed grease from your hands, always wiping it down. Neither cracked while removing or installing. I like the rubber coating on the switcheasy as far as grip and as far as aesthetics, the switcheasy looks better on the device, IMO.

yOyOYoo
May 17, 2011, 11:20 PM
There is a huge picture on page 2. Did you see it?

oops hahaha!

bobTX10
May 18, 2011, 01:34 PM
This thing is amazing! Love the softness and my iPad feels more like a solid rock when holding it now. I now have complete protection to compliment my smart cover. Yay!

pbateman.as
May 18, 2011, 07:33 PM
Just ordered one on grey, which says in stock, so let's see. I ordered a Canvas in black and had good luck with the process, maybe I'll get lucky again.

Mine just arrived today and so far, so good. Quick shipping and I like the product. The rubbery grip is very nice and it doesn't really add to the thickness or weight. I'm 2 for 2 with my Switcheasy experience, but obviously others have had plenty of issues.

yOyOYoo
May 18, 2011, 10:45 PM
Finally pulled the trigger on the coverbuddy!

Too bad the black is on backorder.... oh well, my ipad 2 is still on backorder too...

seanpholman
May 18, 2011, 11:39 PM
Dammit, they added two new colors on the website, cream and red. What a bummer, red is what I wanted, but I settled for grey. Guess I'll be buying another one.

--Sean

BergerFan
May 19, 2011, 08:05 PM
Clear is perfect for my white iPad2.
Funny thing is, that even with it installed with a Smart Cover, it's as thin as a naked iPad 1. :D

caMRum
May 20, 2011, 04:39 AM
Has anyone felt both the rubber (color) and plastic (clear) covers? I like the rubbery feel of my incase casing but would like to have a clear case as well. How's the grip on the clear cover?

BergerFan
May 20, 2011, 05:09 AM
Has anyone felt both the rubber (color) and plastic (clear) covers? I like the rubbery feel of my incase casing but would like to have a clear case as well. How's the grip on the clear cover?The grip of the clear is similar to any polycarbonate case, to be honest. It's certainly a lot grippier than the naked Aluminium!
Because it's flush with the glass, you really don't notice it's there. Cleaning the screen is easy at it always was, with no debris getting wedged in the sides, which is what would happen, if the cover protruded over the edge of the glass.

jtsui
May 20, 2011, 11:58 AM
just got a refund from swticheasy due to back order of the clear case.... :(

anyone has the same situation?

mhodges1
May 20, 2011, 01:55 PM
order the gray and said backordered but about 3hrs later get email saying shipped

bunger
May 20, 2011, 02:10 PM
Yes... they are just now back in stock. My black shipped today. :-)

rhuarc3
May 20, 2011, 02:24 PM
just got a refund from swticheasy due to back order of the clear case.... :(

anyone has the same situation?

haven't heard a thing from them since i ordered it. sent an email and their response was a 2-3 day shipping delay. that was on the 14th. its now the 20th and still nothing. i'm starting to get a little annoyed with them.

gigaguy
May 20, 2011, 02:26 PM
I can;t get their cart to work. Goes to Paypal with an error.

yOyOYoo
May 20, 2011, 02:40 PM
My black one just shipped! I'm excited to receive it!

jtsui
May 20, 2011, 03:43 PM
i am in canada..the international store is out of store..no hope

L2gbrian
May 20, 2011, 06:37 PM
got a email a couple hours ago with a tracking number from them as well getting my clear coverbuddy soon!!! :D

rhuarc3
May 21, 2011, 08:36 AM
got a email a couple hours ago with a tracking number from them as well getting my clear coverbuddy soon!!! :D

same here, finally. hope its worth it.

seanpholman
May 21, 2011, 05:32 PM
Been using mine for a week with my SmartCover, no regrets. Best case so far.

--Sean

gigaguy
May 22, 2011, 08:16 AM
I ordered a black when they were briefly in stock 2 days ago or so but got no verification. Why?? I sent SE an email asking status... Did others get emails when you placed an order?

An0nym0us
May 22, 2011, 02:11 PM
is it not possible for dust or something to get stuck between the coverbuddy and the iPad and cause scratches? I had this happen with another apple product of mine and was wondering if it was strictly because the plastic case I had.

mrmetro75
May 22, 2011, 02:27 PM
This case is ok. There's other that r better.

gigaguy
May 22, 2011, 03:33 PM
oh that's so helpful. thanks. your post was ok but there's other posts that r better.

seanpholman
May 22, 2011, 03:36 PM
oh that's so helpful. Thanks. Your post was ok but there's other posts that r better.

+1

mrt209
May 22, 2011, 06:36 PM
I ordered a black when they were briefly in stock 2 days ago or so but got no verification. Why?? I sent SE an email asking status... Did others get emails when you placed an order?

I backordered and didn't get any conformation. Emailed their support to see what's going on but haven't answered yet.

jxr0124
May 22, 2011, 09:43 PM
This case is ok. There's other that r better.

You are entitled to your opinion but you should at least tell us which ones you feel are better, that would at least make your post somewhat useful.

With that said I must say this is by far the best case I have seen first hand or used. I bought this several weeks ago and it was my 3rd case. I love it and could not be happier with how quickly it was received, price, build quality, and usefulness.

I bought the belkin snap on and returned it the same day, I did not like how cheaply it was made and the fact the cut outs had rough edges and were not center properly.

I also have a STM Skinny and while that is an OK case I just did not like the bulk it added to the IPad and also it started to show wear on the edges of the case very quickly and I would imagine it would start to look rather ratty after several months of use.

AppleOwl
May 22, 2011, 11:04 PM
Can anyone comment on how they like the clear one? Does it scratch easily? Does dirt get in between the iPad and the case easily?

Trying to decide on black or clear.

daftpunk329
May 22, 2011, 11:28 PM
Can anyone comment on how they like the clear one? Does it scratch easily? Does dirt get in between the iPad and the case easily?

Trying to decide on black or clear.

I have the clear one. While I wouldn't say it scratches easily, it's definitely NOT scratch-proof. After two weeks use, it has it's fair share of scratches.

I am, however, concerned with these small blotches developing on the contact side of the shell. I also noticed that compared to the Belkin Snap, the SE CoverBuddy has much more play between itself and the iPad. I'm thinking that's where these blotches are coming from, as I have never used anything but water to clean it.

None of these issues were a deal breaker, though, as the case does look fantastic (you can't really see the blotches while it's on), and has total coverage. I love the speaker cutout-much classier than the others out there. I also own the smoke version of the Belkin Snap. The Belkin is a much better fit, slimmer AND lighter. It certainly is a bit rough along the edges, and I think the smoke color is a bit off from other smoke cases I've used. Other than that, it's a great case. They both are.

My next tester will be the Incipio SmartFeather.

mrt209
May 22, 2011, 11:30 PM
I have the clear one. While I wouldn't say it scratches easily, it's definitely NOT scratch-proof. After two weeks use, it has it's fair share of scratches.

I am, however, concerned with these small blotches developing on the contact side of the shell. I also noticed that compared to the Belkin Snap, the SE CoverBuddy has much more play between itself and the iPad. I'm thinking that's where these blotches are coming from, as I have never used anything but water to clean it.

None of these issues were a deal breaker, though, as the case does look fantastic (you can't really see the blotches while it's on), and has total coverage. I love the speaker cutout-much classier than the others out there. I also own the smoke version of the Belkin Snap. The Belkin is a much better fit, slimmer AND lighter. It certainly is a bit rough along the edges, and I think the smoke color is a bit off from other smoke cases I've used. Other than that, it's a great case. They both are.

My next tester will be the Incipio SmartFeather.

Which one do you prefer, the Belkin or the Coverbuddy? And is the Coverbuddy rough around the edges or the Belkin? Thanks! :)

daftpunk329
May 23, 2011, 12:52 AM
Which one do you prefer, the Belkin or the Coverbuddy? And is the Coverbuddy rough around the edges or the Belkin? Thanks! :)

I prefer the Coverbuddy,but like the fit of the Belkin. Its very snug compared to the Coverbuddy. The Belkin has the sharp edges, while the coverbuddy's edges are rounded, and finished nicely.

mhodges1
May 23, 2011, 12:45 PM
order the grey on 5/20 and showed up today in the mail. so far I am liking it. wish the grey was a little darker to match the grey smart cover. i am still able to use the belkin sleeve I have with it on

gigaguy
May 23, 2011, 01:02 PM
Confused and concerned at how Switcheasy handled my order. I ordered when it said in stock. and my Paypal payment was taken.
I never got any confirmation from Switch so I emailed them. They answered back that it was out of stock.
???
Why no communication til I asked them?
Why take my payment if not in stock?
Why allow ordering for items not in stock?

Now I have a payment made for an item out of stock, and no communication about it til I asked them?
hmm.What am I missing?

rhuarc3
May 23, 2011, 01:13 PM
Just got my clear one in the mail today. Very nice looking. Fits very snugly with the iCarbons skin on. Microphone cutout is a little off but that's only a problem if you're a perfectionist. It is smooth and a little slick feeling but doesn't feel like I'd drop it. Adds minimal bulk. Doesn't show fingerprints. Will probably scratch over time but that's what it is for.

Overall I'm happy with it. Wish switcheasy had better communication with the customer but the quality of the case makes up for that.

L2gbrian
May 23, 2011, 04:43 PM
Lovin the clear coverbuddy just got it today in the mail only thing sucks is I can see dust already behind the cover and my dogs hairs in it lol, but guess you get that with the clear you can see everything, other than that lovin it recommend it to anyone who's looking for a cover that works with the smart cover

kingalien
May 24, 2011, 09:51 AM
It is smooth and a little slick feeling but doesn't feel like I'd drop it.

Just got mine too. Have the black as well. The clear seems to be more slick than the black version.

Pedro.Shadows
May 24, 2011, 01:55 PM
I got mine today in grey. I'm loving it :)

mrt209
May 24, 2011, 02:31 PM
I got mine today in grey. I'm loving it :)

Awesome! :) When did you order it? I backordered mine 4 days ago and its been saying its in stock for the last 2,3 days yet I haven't received any shipping notification :(

kingalien
May 24, 2011, 04:27 PM
So I've installed the clear one on a co-worker's ipad today. It's just too plasticky for me and the slippery feel does not give me a good sense of security when holding it. The black one I have definitely has a better feel to it. Additionally, the clear one has two rough edges, I'm guessing as a manufacturing defect. It's along the left side where the smart cover hinge would be at. With the smart cover on you won't notice the rough edges but with the smart cover off, your fingers will definitely run over those edges. Will need to contact Switcheasy CS.

Pedro.Shadows
May 24, 2011, 06:41 PM
Awesome! :) When did you order it? I backordered mine 4 days ago and its been saying its in stock for the last 2,3 days yet I haven't received any shipping notification :(

I order mine last week, maybe they have some stock for Europe, but the black and the clear one are sold out since they start selling them.
Maybe a few more days and they will ship that for you :)

mrt209
May 24, 2011, 10:50 PM
I order mine last week, maybe they have some stock for Europe, but the black and the clear one are sold out since they start selling them.
Maybe a few more days and they will ship that for you :)

K thanks for the info :) I actually talked with their support and while their website says their in stock, they actually don't have any in stock (communication issue with their web team).

karl184
May 26, 2011, 12:31 AM
How does the CoverBuddy work with front and back screen protectors on? I'm interested in getting one but I'm worried that it may ruin my front and back screen protector.

BergerFan
May 26, 2011, 03:15 AM
How does the CoverBuddy work with front and back screen protectors on? I'm interested in getting one but I'm worried that it may ruin my front and back screen protector.The front screen shield (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf1mpBCBTjE&sns=em) will be fine, not sure about a back cover though.

mhodges1
May 26, 2011, 09:48 AM
I have the ghost armor full body cover witch is the front and back cover. I have removed the CoverBuddy a couple of times and see no issue was both covers

bunger
May 27, 2011, 04:53 PM
Grrr.... ordered mine on 5/18, received shipping confirmation on 5/20, and haven't received anything. Using the USPS tracking number still shows that the Postal Service has received notice for shipment but no other info.

Grrr...

AppleOwl
May 29, 2011, 06:40 PM
Has anyone tried using the coverbuddy on an ipad with a skin (e.g. bodyguardz)? Does it still fit fine?

Others have mentioned that it works with the icarbons skin -- is the bodyguardz thicker?

L2gbrian
May 29, 2011, 08:27 PM
Has anyone tried using the coverbuddy on an ipad with a skin (e.g. bodyguardz)? Does it still fit fine?

Others have mentioned that it works with the icarbons skin -- is the bodyguardz thicker?

Works fine here

AppleOwl
May 29, 2011, 08:50 PM
Works fine here

Are you talking about the clear bodyguardz skin for the back? If so, do you notice if it makes any watermarks with the coverbuddy on?

L2gbrian
May 29, 2011, 11:04 PM
Are you talking about the clear bodyguardz skin for the back? If so, do you notice if it makes any watermarks with the coverbuddy on?

no water marks only thing is if you have pets try doing a clean install so basically not in the house. I have a cat and a dog and I got a couple of cat hairs in between the case and ipad so thats the only draw back. But other then that looks good feels good

rworne
May 30, 2011, 11:08 PM
Ordered one of these in pink for the wife. When I took it out of the package I got a sinking feeling on how it could possibly stay on the iPad 2, but it actually fit very well.

WAF was the clincher, she likes the color (uses it with a white ipad 2 and pink smart cover) and loves the thickness and light weight. I like the fact that it's protecting the otherwise naked back of the ipad 2.

yOyOYoo
May 31, 2011, 02:05 AM
Grrr.... ordered mine on 5/18, received shipping confirmation on 5/20, and haven't received anything. Using the USPS tracking number still shows that the Postal Service has received notice for shipment but no other info.

Grrr...

ME TOO bunger!!!

I was just about to make the exact same post as you. I received shipping confirmation on 5/20 and still nothing. I emailed the company last Friday but no response.... If I don't get my cover tomorrow, i'll email them again.

This is upsetting since the email they sent me said I would receive my cover in 1-3 days. ARGH.

rworne
May 31, 2011, 03:43 AM
ME TOO bunger!!!

I was just about to make the exact same post as you. I received shipping confirmation on 5/20 and still nothing. I emailed the company last Friday but no response.... If I don't get my cover tomorrow, i'll email them again.

This is upsetting since the email they sent me said I would receive my cover in 1-3 days. ARGH.

Mine was ordered, shipped from northern California and arrived in Los Angeles 2 days later. Note that I didn't order a high-demand color.

bunger
May 31, 2011, 10:07 AM
ME TOO bunger!!!

I spoke with them Saturday morning and there was a shipping/qty available "glitch." Basically, I think the backorder demand exceeded the qty of product they received a couple of weeks ago and though their systems kicked out an automated shipped notice, some of the orders didn't actually get shipped ( ie., your's and mine ).

Their customer service person indicated the new stock should arrive in 5-7 days and the order should be fulfilled at that time.

Bill

Ipadlover29
Jun 1, 2011, 10:11 PM
Can anyone tell me how thick the switch easy cover buddy is or how much thickness it adds to the ipad 2? I just purchased a stand for my ipad 2 and want to know if i can use the cover buddy with it. The stand can accomadate a case that has a thickness of up to .47 inches or 1.2cm. Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

Xultar
Jun 2, 2011, 12:45 AM
Can anyone tell me how thick the switch easy cover buddy is or how much thickness it adds to the ipad 2? I just purchased a stand for my ipad 2 and want to know if i can use the cover buddy with it. The stand can accomadate a case that has a thickness of up to .47 inches or 1.2cm. Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

1.8mm it says on the package

Ipadlover29
Jun 2, 2011, 01:25 AM
1.8mm it says on the package

Cool. Thanks for your reply. Its the same thickness as the nude case.

yOyOYoo
Jun 2, 2011, 11:54 AM
I couldn't wait and really wanted some back protection, so I picked up the Belkin snap on smart cover compatible case at Target. It was $29.99 and I got it in smoke.

The smoke is actually really cool as it allows me to see the apple logo on the back of the ipad and also lets me see my engraving. It has the soft touch rubbery, grippy feel to it and doesn't seem to add much bulk.

I'll wait to get my coverbuddy and see which one I like better! Right now, i'm leaning towards the smoke, since it's such a unique and cool color. maybe i'll just keep both! haha.

... now if only there was a way my leather smart cover would stop getting greasy smudges on my ipad screen everytime I close it!

yOyOYoo
Jun 8, 2011, 11:53 AM
I finally received the coverbuddy.

They even threw in a free screen protector, which pleasantly surprised me. This was probably because of the backorder delay on the product. Not sure how good switcheasy screen protectors are.

I like the fit and feeling of this case a lot. Wish it came in a smoke color like the Belkin. The finish seems nicer than the Belkin. I'll probably return the Belkin now.

mrt209
Jun 9, 2011, 02:50 PM
I got mine a few days ago, but I didn't have my iPad to test it, just got it back yesterday though, and to be honest I'm not sure I'm liking the cover.

I got the gray cover and it feels really slippery. Like if I hold it loosely in my hand it'll slide out, so its easy to drop the iPad. I'm not sure if its only my cover... is anyone else experiencing the same thing? Also, the sides of the cover are really slippery as well and when you hold it you can feel the sides moving (meaning their not that tight)... lol hard to explain! :P

Anyway, I'll try it for a few more days and see if I get used to it.

fastangel
Jun 9, 2011, 09:39 PM
I got mine a few days ago, but I didn't have my iPad to test it, just got it back yesterday though, and to be honest I'm not sure I'm liking the cover.

I got the gray cover and it feels really slippery. Like if I hold it loosely in my hand it'll slide out, so its easy to drop the iPad. I'm not sure if its only my cover... is anyone else experiencing the same thing? Also, the sides of the cover are really slippery as well and when you hold it you can feel the sides moving (meaning their not that tight)... lol hard to explain! :P

Anyway, I'll try it for a few more days and see if I get used to it.

I just got mine TODAY (black one) and I too noticed right away this terrible SLIPPERY surface! I didn't even imagine there would be any issue with this back cover so I'm really shaking my head in disbelief at this point. I mean, WHAT KIND OF STUPID DESIGN/MATERIAL IS THIS? SLIPPERY LIKE A FREAKING SOAP! (Though I should say, it may not be so slippery for some people. Our hands are all different.) I'm losing my patience with all those iPad accessory makers out there at this point (I keep returning their terrible products). This one, just a damn back cover, and they even manage to screw this one up! I give up...

If it's not made by Apple... it just doesn't work.

gigaguy
Jun 11, 2011, 01:38 PM
Grip Not Slip was my Main reason to order this shell, SO glad I already canceled my backorder. Why do people say cases have grip and they don't?
I already ordered 2 other brands that were described this way and they were slippery.
I want it so rubbery that I can almost hold it vertical in my palm and it sticks. Most TPUs are slippery, and most silicon ones are too sticky feeling. I know a few brands are grippy rubber but design is wrong for my uses. ugh.

pchan87
Jun 11, 2011, 01:54 PM
Does anyone know if the cover buddy will still fit if I put a bestskinsever on the iPad 2 first ?

sbojevets
Jun 15, 2011, 06:37 PM
so is the black coated with that grippy coating?
or is it smooth like the clear plastic?

Xultar
Jun 15, 2011, 06:47 PM
so is the black coated with that grippy coating?
or is it smooth like the clear plastic?

Matte plastic...it isn't like clear. I have both the clear and the black and the black is more grippy than the clear by far.

flatline82
Jun 15, 2011, 08:09 PM
I've had no issues with the CoverBuddy being slippery. I have the navy blue paired with my black leather smart cover and really like the combo. It looks fantastic and the functionality is supreme. Cant get much better for rear protection for only 25 bucks IMO.

sbojevets
Jun 16, 2011, 01:16 AM
I just got mine TODAY (black one) and I too noticed right away this terrible SLIPPERY surface! I didn't even imagine there would be any issue with this back cover so I'm really shaking my head in disbelief at this point. I mean, WHAT KIND OF STUPID DESIGN/MATERIAL IS THIS? SLIPPERY LIKE A FREAKING SOAP! (Though I should say, it may not be so slippery for some people. Our hands are all different.) I'm losing my patience with all those iPad accessory makers out there at this point (I keep returning their terrible products). This one, just a damn back cover, and they even manage to screw this one up! I give up...

If it's not made by Apple... it just doesn't work.

so is this a one-time thing?
i like the rubber coating look and feel.
does anyone here use a white ipad and a black coverbuddy?
i wonder how does it look like from the top when im using it. the coverbuddy gives a slight trim around the outer edge.

farme
Jun 18, 2011, 07:57 AM
I got mine today, amd while i like it in general, i'm not that impressed with the fit. Especially in the top right corner (the part between the sleep button and the volume rocker) there is a fair amount of movement.
Is this area a general problem or just my general "luck" with new things?

ethics101
Jun 18, 2011, 06:10 PM
I was going to get the coverbuddy, but I went with the smart shell. I wanted to be able to see the Apple Logo while still being able to have a color other than clear.

mrt209
Jun 19, 2011, 02:54 PM
I got mine today, amd while i like it in general, i'm not that impressed with the fit. Especially in the top right corner (the part between the sleep button and the volume rocker) there is a fair amount of movement.

Same with mine, almost all sides are movable. However, I still think its pretty good for around the house. I've gotten used to the rather slippery surface and will probably keep it.

phibe1
Jun 19, 2011, 05:09 PM
my cover fits perfectly with NO movement at any corner.... there is also no slipperiness

i actually like that it covers everything in the back because if i am on the train or something it wont scream that i have a $800 tablet in my hand... it leaves some mystery as to what i have ...

Xultar
Jun 21, 2011, 03:17 PM

Mine does not move at all. It is almost as if it was glued down.

truciet
Jun 23, 2011, 01:27 PM
Maybe it varies between the colors?

I got the green one to match our smart cover and it's perfect and it's not slippery at all. It's like a matte coating but without the coating. The plastic is great IMO.

It's not like the incipio cases where matte peels. :mad:

hch3psa
Jun 29, 2011, 10:31 AM
I ordered a grey one last Friday and it showed up on Monday. So far I am loving this case. I'm no longer afraid to set my iPad down.

To address some of the issues people have been having. My iPad snapped perfectly into the case. I haven't had any issues with the iPad coming out but there is one corner where it seems like it can move just a little bit. It's definitely nothing I'm worried about. As far as the grip of the case, mine has a pretty good texture. It has a matte finish but it's got a solid grip. If my hands get sweaty while holding it I have no worries about dropping it. It seems that if there is moisture on the case it's got a little better grip.

I will say especially for the price I am very satisfied with this product. We will see how it holds up over time but so far I definitely give it high marks.

farme
Jun 29, 2011, 01:02 PM
Same with mine, almost all sides are movable. However, I still think its pretty good for around the house. I've gotten used to the rather slippery surface and will probably keep it.

Yesterday i got my replacement, and it nearly is exactly the same. Again the top right corner, but it's at least not as loose as the first one was. Good enough to keep it, but still not perfect...

SchneiderMan
Jun 29, 2011, 03:02 PM
All the CoverBuddy cases except for the clear have a matte, soft-touch coating.

http://www.gadgetmac.com/storage/product-images/SwitchEasy%20CoverBuddy%20cover%20for%20iPad%202%20Cutouts.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1308870085 553

pdxa4
Jun 30, 2011, 10:44 PM
I ordered the Switcheasy Canvas in Charcoal gray today, tks to the feedback on this forum...

It also looks like they have awesome customer service so that helped make my mind up...

All I need now is a iPad...I plan to pick up one this weekend :)

almostfamous
Jul 1, 2011, 12:28 AM
After reading this forum I'm pretty sold on the coverbuddy, but now I'm trying to decide on a smart cover/cover buddy color combo for my white ipad which should be coming in soon. i'm thinking the gray smart cover (cant afford a leather one) with the navy or clear coverbuddy or a blue smart cover with clear or gray. what do you guys think? i'm a little worried that the clear case might look a little "cheap" otherwise there wouldn't be a question.

Offshore6
Jul 26, 2011, 01:49 PM
For everyone with coverbuddy's, how are they holding up over time? I had a switcheasy canvas and had to get it replaced and ended up just returning it.

And for anyone with a green smart cover and a different color coverbuddy, can you post pics? I haven't decided what color I want yet.

mrt209
Jul 26, 2011, 02:06 PM
For everyone with coverbuddy's, how are they holding up over time? I had a switcheasy canvas and had to get it replaced and ended up just returning it.

And for anyone with a green smart cover and a different color coverbuddy, can you post pics? I haven't decided what color I want yet.

I didn't like it to much at first because it seemed very slippery and a bit loose around the edges, but after having used it for a few months I really like it now. The cover doesn't feel too slippery any more, I've probably gotten used to it, and so far there's no signs of wear on the cover. I'm definitely happy I purchased the cover buddy :)

And I think black would look good with green :)

Offshore6
Jul 26, 2011, 02:13 PM
I didn't like it to much at first because it seemed very slippery and a bit loose around the edges, but after having used it for a few months I really like it now. The cover doesn't feel too slippery any more, I've probably gotten used to it, and so far there's no signs of wear on the cover. I'm definitely happy I purchased the cover buddy :)

And I think black would look good with green :)

Yeah black or grey is what I was thinking. I like the idea of clear, but with the glossy finish it seems like scratches would be an issue after a few months.

farme
Jul 27, 2011, 02:26 PM
I liked my Coverbuddy a lot, until about five minutes ago....

I removed it to "go naked" at home, and what do i see?
Around one corner (the one at the bottom of the smart cover cutout) the damn case left a pretty bad "rubbing" mark on my iPad....

It was not some dirt that was trapped there, since it's perfectly straight and parallel to the iPad itself, about a centimetre long and the exact same spot on the Coverbuddy is also "worn down". As if there was a little ridge and the metal of the iPad wore it down.
And it's not the sort of mark that will come off when cleaning the iPad, i've already tried it several times by now, and it's no scratch either.

Thanks for nothing Switcheasy.....
I mean i'm fine if scratch the damn thing myself, but coming from the very thing you bought to protect it......:(

(yes, i'm pretty angry......:mad:, so take my statement with the proverbial grain of salt....)

PS: When i get my hand on a camera i will try to post pictures as well.

Offshore6
Jul 27, 2011, 04:34 PM
Try emailing customer service and see if they will do anything. It can't hurt to ask.

farme
Jul 28, 2011, 05:36 AM
Thanks for your advice. This is their (Switcheasy Europe that is) reply:

Very sorry to hear about the rubber mark of your iPad 2.

It's very strange as the area of the CANVAS case you're
speaking of is made from Polycarbonate which in all our
experience of products made from this type of material
we've never heard of such an issue.

I think that as it is a mark that you're able to wipe it off
the metal with some ease.

Again sorry for any inconvenience.

I just highlighted two passages which show that they didn't really read my inquiry...
First of i did mention that the marks came from the Coverbuddy "rubbing" against the iPad (not rubber marks),
and secondly, i haven't said a word about the Canvas.....

farme
Jul 30, 2011, 08:46 AM
Now with picture:

http://i51.tinypic.com/6z22jb.jpg

And the full size picture:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2148llg.jpg

Poder
Aug 3, 2011, 08:56 AM
Hello,

I have the same mark from the Nude case. I think it happened when I removed the case, which I found difficult to do. The Nude (and I presume the Cover Buddy) has sharp lips all around the bezel. It is easy to clip on but off is another story.

Needless to say I trashed the Nude. What a paradox that something made to protect, hurts.

Xultar
Aug 3, 2011, 10:34 AM
Now with picture:

Image (http://i51.tinypic.com/6z22jb.jpg)

And the full size picture:
http://i53.tinypic.com/2148llg.jpg

WHEW. No rub marks on mine. When I saw your pix I decided to take my cover off for the first time. It has been on there since the coverbudy started shipping. I don't remember how long that is at least 3 months.

Anyway the only place I have a mark and it is pretty tiny is from the smart cover.----scratch that...Pun intended. I just used a little eyeglass cleaner and a microfiber cloth and POOF! No marks or scratches at all. Looks like new!

I love my black Switcheasy Coverbuddy!!!

farme
Aug 5, 2011, 03:23 PM
Hello,

I have the same mark from the Nude case. I think it happened when I removed the case, which I found difficult to do. The Nude (and I presume the Cover Buddy) has sharp lips all around the bezel. It is easy to clip on but off is another story.

Needless to say I trashed the Nude. What a paradox that something made to protect, hurts.

The answer from Switcheasy was, that there is no way that the material of the case could have done that, and that the case had nothing to do with that at all. No excuse, no empathy, nothing, just legal mumbo jumbo......

Even confronted with the evidence (i mean a freaking straight line, right under the case, at the right place so that the case could be the culprit, but noooo, of course the case could have not possibly done that....) they remain firm in their view.

And just to clarify, i never asked them anything remotely in the way of "hey, i want a new iPad", only wanted an answer how this could have happend.

CharlesMc
Aug 13, 2011, 08:38 AM
I have used the cover buddy for a week now and really enjoy it. The feel of the iPad withe the cover buddy and smart cover on is very sturdy.

rockametrics
Aug 17, 2011, 09:42 PM
Just got clear cover buddy today. Really like the feel and it doesn't add a lot of weight. I will watch to see if it marks up the iPad.

Enjoylife1788
Sep 3, 2011, 02:57 AM
Hey guys, I somehow feel that it's adding a lot of weight. Like it fee,s much heavier than before. I only had smart cover before getting cover buddy...

So have they mentioned the exact weight of the case anywhere??

Edit: they have not mentioned on their official website. Neither has any one mentioned in any reviews on numerous forums.

mrt209
Sep 5, 2011, 10:34 AM
Hey guys, I somehow feel that it's adding a lot of weight. Like it fee,s much heavier than before. I only had smart cover before getting cover buddy...

So have they mentioned the exact weight of the case anywhere??

Edit: they have not mentioned on their official website. Neither has any one mentioned in any reviews on numerous forums.

It doesn't feel heavier for me, but take it out of the case and see if you feel a big difference... I guess its subjective.

RossMc
Dec 9, 2011, 09:25 AM
The Coverbuddy comes with dock/headphone jack protectors now. Just received the new dark grey one to match the updated smart cover colour.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/rossmc/c7da5c66.jpg

cfairbank
Dec 31, 2011, 12:22 PM
Coverbuddy arrived yesterday and I am very happy with it. Have been using an otterbox defender most of the time and wanted something that brings back the from factor but still offers some protection.

Picked up an incipio smart feather and liked the style but hated the fact I could not remove the smart cover without taking off the case. The coverbuddy solved bat problem for me.