PDA

View Full Version : Ipad 2 Case with Smart Cover Tech - Looks and fits like Original Apple ipad 1 Case

alphadog111
May 3, 2011, 10:20 PM
I recently got some pictures from one of my friends who ordered a case that looks EXACTLY! like the Original Apple iPad version of the case that Apple Made and was curious to know what you guys think... Would you guys buy this case?

The cases that I have seen has a lot of corners that are cut out and dont have a fitted look to it... This case at least when I saw it really shocked me as I have not see one like it...please send me a link if you guys found one as well...

I tested the case and it has the same smart cover technology as well and opens and closes the ipad when you flip the case cover... I attached some pics to see what you guys think..( this is the best pictures I can get ) Thanks.

sotie
May 4, 2011, 01:32 AM
http://www.case2case.net/ipad-2-smart-cover-yellow.html

scwatkins77
May 4, 2011, 02:24 AM
Would you guys buy this case?

not for me, personally. I didn't like the iPad 1 Apple case. It was kind of flimsy and had sharp edges and was ugly and detracted from the iPad's looks - in my opinion. Some people liked it, I didn't like it for myself. So, if you like that case style, then this looks good for you.

For me, I like the SmartCover for it's minimalism and functionality. To protect the back, I also wanted something minimalistic - and ended up with a DODOcase BOOKback. It's a piece of Moroccan book-binding cloth that simply attaches adhesively to the back of the iPad2 like a sticker. It's easy to remove and reapply. It wont protect against falls, but does great preventing scratches. And it doesn't add any thickness to the iPad.

Just my personal preference!

Shasta McNasty
May 5, 2011, 04:42 AM
This actually doesnt look half bad...i wonder who here has ordered one?

3goldens
May 6, 2011, 03:12 PM
I emailed these guys never heard back from them!

3goldens
May 7, 2011, 12:21 PM
think the case2case.net ones are like the ones on Amazon that Acases sells, and I did not like.

I'm going to take a chance on this one. I know its a knock off, but he has a refund policy and hey what the hell right?

He sent me some photos, which I will post with link to his ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290561101307&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_500wt_1156

Vulcan4770
May 8, 2011, 12:29 AM
I like this design. I think I found the same one as case2case but for $22 on eBay. Thinking about buying it what do you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-LEATHER-SMART-SLIM-CASE-COVER-APPLE-IPAD-2-3G-/280665594326?pt=US_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item4158f919d6#ht_2856wt_922

3goldens
May 8, 2011, 10:45 AM
I like this design. I think I found the same one as case2case but for $22 on eBay. Thinking about buying it what do you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-LEATHER-SMART-SLIM-CASE-COVER-APPLE-IPAD-2-3G-/280665594326?pt=US_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item4158f919d6#ht_2856wt_922

As I said earlier I believe this is similar to the case currently sold on Amazon, and one I did not like, but others seem to be very happy with. The reason I did not like it was the cut outs were all wrong, especially the home button was partially covered over. A true sign of a rush job and low quality, and that was on amazon. People seemed to be willing tom live with these defects for the price, but I have standards and this case was well below what I would tolerate, so I returned it. No biggie, I've tried a lot of cases now and will eventually find one I can live with till the next iPad comes out! I do like what I'm seeing in the case2case pictures posted, and wait eagerly to hear some feed back.

I will post pictures of theEbay case I took a chance on, no doubt a flop, you have to take chances it's all about what worms for you!

I think it is a vast generalization to state that all EBay cases are bad. It is after all a consortium of sellers not a them! One has to pick and choose your sellers, and if something looks to good to be true and it's from Hong Kong, well, lets just say it's probably not going to be a satisfactory experience in the end, especially of your trying to get a refund from some small seller on Lantau Island!

Vulcan4770
May 9, 2011, 10:53 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

That case doesnt even have a cutout for the smart cover, it's not compatible.

3goldens
May 9, 2011, 02:39 PM
Got the Ebay Apple Logo case mentioned in an earlier post. Really very surprised on how much it looks and feels like the original.

See pictures attached. The only complaint and its minor is it will need a bit of stretching at the top to align completely with headphone jack, which I can already see it has started to do.

Highly Recommend!

ccb0x45
May 10, 2011, 01:54 AM
The first case in the thread is the same case as this:

http://www.amazon.com/Acase-EZ-Carry-Polyurethane-Generation-NEWEST/dp/B004UDH29K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305008609&sr=8-1

I was hoping it was the perfect solution and bought it, but its a really ****** case. The cutouts don't line up well at all, so you are always shifting it around, it covers the home button and the light sensor, the light sensor is a pain in the ass when its covered. The smart cover works good. But really the killer for this case is that they used glue around the edges instead of threading it. I used this case outside in the sun(was around 88 here in cali last week), 2 days after I bought it and all the glue fell apart from the heat, so the case completely fell apart. My girlfriend repaired it with fabric glue, but that eventually came off again as well. It was all in all a ****** case(luckily I got it off dealnews for only 20 bucks). I really wanted a light and thin case, but I finally just gave in and bought a maroo even though it isnt as thin, and got it today and I love it. Not saying you should buy the maroo as it might not be for you, however that Acase that is rebranded is a piece of junk, don't waste your money like I did.

Aviboy97
May 10, 2011, 09:36 AM
Does this case have any protective materials that would prevent the iPad from breaking in the event it was dropped?

I just got the Cyber Acoustics case yesterday to prevent my wife or kid from breaking it...again

Vulcan4770
May 10, 2011, 10:37 AM
I bought the one from a Dealnews link below. I've been looking for a style with the smart cover elements so i bought this one. Hopefully its like the ones that were reviewed good. :)

Be sure to click the next link so you can see more pics of it, its not just a top cover it covers back also.
http://dealnews.com/Four-Folded-Smart-Slim-Cover-for-Apple-iPad-2-for-21-free-shipping-more/460649.html

3goldens
May 10, 2011, 02:56 PM
The first case in the thread is the same case as this:

http://www.amazon.com/Acase-EZ-Carry-Polyurethane-Generation-NEWEST/dp/B004UDH29K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305008609&sr=8-1

I was hoping it was the perfect solution and bought it, but its a really ****** case. The cutouts don't line up well at all, so you are always shifting it around, it covers the home button and the light sensor, the light sensor is a pain in the ass when its covered. The smart cover works good. But really the killer for this case is that they used glue around the edges instead of threading it. I used this case outside in the sun(was around 88 here in cali last week), 2 days after I bought it and all the glue fell apart from the heat, so the case completely fell apart. My girlfriend repaired it with fabric glue, but that eventually came off again as well. It was all in all a ****** case(luckily I got it off dealnews for only 20 bucks). I really wanted a light and thin case, but I finally just gave in and bought a maroo even though it isnt as thin, and got it today and I love it. Not saying you should buy the maroo as it might not be for you, however that Acase that is rebranded is a piece of junk, don't waste your money like I did.

Your right the case totally sucks and you should leave a one star for this in Amazon like I did. I don't understand how it cold have received so many favorable ratings when it is so badly constructed.

Acase is just not a great case maker!

I bought the one from a Dealnews link below. I've been looking for a style with the smart cover elements so i bought this one. Hopefully its like the ones that were reviewed good. :)

Be sure to click the next link so you can see more pics of it, its not just a top cover it covers back also.
http://dealnews.com/Four-Folded-Smart-Slim-Cover-for-Apple-iPad-2-for-21-free-shipping-more/460649.html

I'm afraid your going to be disappointed with this, its totally the same case as the one sold on Amazon.

Cancel your order and get on from someplace else. they do not have a very good rep anyway!

ccb0x45
May 10, 2011, 04:09 PM
Yea I really wanted to like it. To be honest I could deal with the cutouts being bad, but the glue construction just makes it junk, the entire case literally falls apart at the edges so it wont even hold the ipad, and I am guessing all these clones on the other sites that look different(with like the apple logo) are the same glue construction because I can tell by looking at the edges around the ipad. Save some money.

You are right I should leave a one star rating. I really like my maroo case, I think it is the closest to perfect you can get right now for a case for a decent price. I wrote a review of it in the maroo thread.

pjtoadie
May 10, 2011, 08:50 PM
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320692942092&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_2698wt_1141

It's only $14.95 and it seems that everyone gave the seller a positive review and gave the case high remarks.

xraytech
May 11, 2011, 10:51 PM
Got the Ebay Apple Logo case mentioned in an earlier post. Really very surprised on how much it looks and feels like the original.

See pictures attached. The only complaint and its minor is it will need a bit of stretching at the top to align completely with headphone jack, which I can already see it has started to do.

Highly Recommend!

Add one more negative. When you flip the over to lay flat to the back, you iPad goes to sleep.

I really wanted to like this case since I so loved the original iPad 1 case. But the Fit & Finish is just sub par.

3goldens
May 12, 2011, 11:10 AM
Add one more negative. When you flip the over to lay flat to the back, you iPad goes to sleep.

I really wanted to like this case since I so loved the original iPad 1 case. But the Fit & Finish is just sub par.

Agreed on the back, as I said in another forum I did not realize that was happening....

However, there is a fix for this if you want to go to the trouble.

Get a small piece of metal less than an inch, pretty thin, make sure it is conductive to the magnet in the front cover.

I used a razor blade from a box cutter, ground down sharp points and rounded everything off and if you don't have a skin in your unit, for testing wrap the blade in some paper towel or whatever so you don't scratch the back.

When you put the ipad in the case slip this piece into the back section right under the volume buttons, and then push the ipad the rest of the way into the case, so its got everything lined up properly.

Try it now. BINGO-The metal in the case is counteracting the aluminum ipad skin, or something....

You may have to position it a few times to get it right, it works like a charm for me. A little double sided tape once you have it positioned and you should be good to go.

If you don't want to go to the trouble its understandable, but I did think this case was more like the original than anything I have seen thus far. I disagree about the quality, mine shows no sign of falling apart or anything and seems rather sturdy. It is what it is. Will it last as long as my first generation Apple case that is still going strong, only time will tell!

It is what it is, a cheap chinese quickie knock off! Like all the others we have been discussing, I just happen to like this one best so far. WOuld not give it 5 because of the magnet problem, but again that's easily fixable and now Im pleased to use it and am doing so.

I did order one of the ones at that deals800, two fold case in black place for 18 bucks after they assured me it did not have this problem.

We will see and I will report back.

xStatiCa
May 13, 2011, 01:44 PM
You can also use some thick RF shielding tape. It is rather expensive though. If you get it in the right place it works well on other cases that I was evaluating.

Let us know how the deal800 case goes. Can you post the exact link for the one you ordered?

It looks like the case with the apple logo on it are all gone. The ebay seller doesn't show it available anymore. I was thinking about ordering one too.

3goldens
May 13, 2011, 04:16 PM
You can also use some thick RF shielding tape. It is rather expensive though. If you get it in the right place it works well on other cases that I was evaluating.

Let us know how the deal800 case goes. Can you post the exact link for the one you ordered?

It looks like the case with the apple logo on it are all gone. The ebay seller doesn't show it available anymore. I was thinking about ordering one too.

I'm sending mine back to him for a refund, if you want it you can have it for what I paid for it. Im hoping the deals800 one works out will keep you posted.

Here is the link though I forgot before:

http://www.deal800.com/Two-Folded-Smart-Slim-Case-Cover-for-Apple-IPAD-2-Newest-Model-Black_p_3447.html

3goldens
May 16, 2011, 12:11 PM
I'm sending mine back to him for a refund, if you want it you can have it for what I paid for it. Im hoping the deals800 one works out will keep you posted.

Here is the link though I forgot before:

http://www.deal800.com/Two-Folded-Smart-Slim-Case-Cover-for-Apple-IPAD-2-Newest-Model-Black_p_3447.html

Its got the very same problem of the front cover activating the sleep/wake function.

I had emailed them with and called them with these specific questions and was assured it did not have this issue. They lied.

They also do not mention the case has the same Apple logo on it I posted earlier about, purchased on Ebay, found to have the problem and subsequently returned..Another duplicitous act on there part!

My email to them:

You either did not test this or completely lied about this product.

It does exactly what I asked about and was assured it would not, which was turn the device off when the front cover is folded over to the back. It also has a fake apple logo on the cover which is obviously not in the photographs.

I will expect a full refund including the shipping cost, both ways, You wasted both of our time on your faulty product which was described to me as working and is clearly defective.

By simply performing a test, or stating we don't know would have been better than just lying.

I am contacting Paypal as well to initiate a complaint for a full refund

3goldens
May 16, 2011, 11:02 PM
Well after a few emails, and reminding them they were selling branded merchandise illegally, they refunded my money.

their email:

I apologize. I've discussed this case with my manager and he agreed to issue you a full refund on this order.

We got these as close out from a closeout center in Riverside, we will check our remain inventory and will report to Apple of that vendor
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this may have cost you.

silverblack
May 17, 2011, 11:35 AM
This ebay seller is not longer offering this case. Anyone know where else I can get one of these?

think the case2case.net ones are like the ones on Amazon that Acases sells, and I did not like.

I'm going to take a chance on this one. I know its a knock off, but he has a refund policy and hey what the hell right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290561101307&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_500wt_1156

3goldens
May 17, 2011, 01:44 PM
This ebay seller is not longer offering this case. Anyone know where else I can get one of these?

Why would you want one, it does not work!

silverblack
May 17, 2011, 04:10 PM
Why would you want one, it does not work!

A few cases were discussed in this thread. I'm no longer sure which one works and which doesn't. I want the one in photos shown on post #7 and #13. Any one know of where to get one, if it works?

3goldens
May 17, 2011, 09:37 PM
A few cases were discussed in this thread. I'm no longer sure which one works and which doesn't. I want the one in photos shown on post #7 and #13. Any one know of where to get one, if it works?

that's mine and it doesn't work. unless you modify it by placing a strip of thin conductive metal on the inside back to counter the magnet when it is folded over.

xStatiCa
May 18, 2011, 07:06 PM
supersdchargers, That youtube video doesn't look anything like the ones in your picture. Notice hwo tight the video camera hole is in the pictures you posted. If you could PM me the actual link to where you found those pics that would be great. I couldn't easily find them on their what seems to be official site.

Update: Found the link.

I really like the look of that case. If they make a different color I will probably get one.

lucyna
May 22, 2011, 09:46 AM
Well it certainly looks nice.
A couple of questions:

What's the material like, does it feel like the original Apple cover? That rubbery micro fibery kind of thing.

How is the fit, everything align up to the properly?

How long from the time you ordered it to the time you received it.

Was it shipped from Asia or the US?

How's the cover working? Does it turn on and off properly like a smart cover.

Does the cover stay closed when closed or does it flop open, I.e. does it have magnets that keep the front lid in the closed position?

When the cover is turned completely around, folded over, does it trigger the sleep wake function, which apparently happened on earlier versions of some cases. You'll have to test that, fold over the cover and sit it down on a table....

How would you rate the overall quality?

Appreciate your sharing your experience with us!

Come across this thread, haven't found any answer for this, what's next?

3goldens
May 22, 2011, 10:28 AM
Come across this thread, haven't found any answer for this, what's next?

I requested the OP to respond but they never really answered the questions.

I gather it is an asian based company, therefore the shipping time will be long, returns could be problematic, personally, I have not been able to contact them and get a response to these questions, so after that I decided to not pursue this particular company.

Most of these knock offs have the hibernation problem, and even if you ask a vendor that sells something similar, they usually say it has the sleep.wake function and no matter how many different ways you ask about the cover activating the hibernation function when folded over, they respond that their case does not do this.

My experience has thus far every one of them does have the issue and I have since given up. Now I just place a small piece of conductive metal on the inside cover to prevent this from happening. Simple, straightforward and fixes the problem.

lucyna
May 22, 2011, 07:03 PM
I do need a case like that, do you know any good place to buy?

3goldens
May 23, 2011, 07:26 PM
With same sleep/wakeup function of the smart cover, this leather case protects well of my iPad2. Check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/Melkco-Premium-Cowhide-Leather-Apple/dp/B004ZQONB2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1306195957&sr=8-1

$98.00!

Man you can do a lot better than that!

xStatiCa
May 23, 2011, 08:00 PM
With same sleep/wakeup function of the smart cover, this leather case protects well of my iPad2. Check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/Melkco-Premium-Cowhide-Leather-Apple/dp/B004ZQONB2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1306195957&sr=8-1
I actually like the look of that case. You can tell from the felt that it is really nice. I just worry that it wouldn't magnetically attach to the front so I fear that the cover would flap back and forth while carrying it.

lucyna
May 24, 2011, 08:41 AM
I actually like the look of that case. You can tell from the felt that it is really nice. I just worry that it wouldn't magnetically attach to the front so I fear that the cover would flap back and forth while carrying it.

I've checked this cover, it looks like the smart cover, is it real leather?

xStatiCa
May 24, 2011, 09:51 AM
I've checked this cover, it looks like the smart cover, is it real leather?
Going by the Melkco site it seems all their cases are hand made using leather. I am very interested to see if the Slimme case has magnets to keep the cover closed and if they don't then how well the cover stays closed on it's own. I am also interested in how flat it folds back flat against the ipad and how it feels and works when carrying it. For example does the cover flap about or move when in a briefcase or bag which might turning the ipad on/off wasting battery power.

I went ahead and ordered one through amazon (Vintage black leather) to answer my own questions but if anyone knows then speak up.

This probably should be moved to a thread just for that case though. This would probably be a good thread:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1153091&highlight=melkco

hwchouse, Can you give us an overview of your experience with it... even if you are associated with Melkco in some form or another. For some reason going by your comment I just have a feeling you are.

EDIT: It looks like hwchouse's post has been removed. I guess that means he/she was pushing his/her own product? Regardless it looks like a very nice quality case.

EDIT2: Yup... hwchouse has been banned.

RocknRose
May 24, 2011, 12:50 PM
Tucano made a freaking awesome cover for IPad2...on their website in USA I got the light blue one...it's exactly the same Apple cover color...only for 30 bucks! They told me they did all Apple colors and it will all available by June...can't wait!!!! I GOT IT AT www.tucano.com

3goldens
May 24, 2011, 01:33 PM
Tucano made a freaking awesome cover for IPad2...on their website in USA I got the light blue one...it's exactly the same Apple cover color...only for 30 bucks! They told me they did all Apple colors and it will all available by June...can't wait!!!! I GOT IT AT www.tucano.com

looks nice, and they ripped off Speck.

when front is folded over does it stay awake?

here is a more direct link:

http://www.tucanousa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=IPDMA

SchneiderMan
May 25, 2011, 12:00 AM
I've been using the Acase and I think it's a pretty good alternative minus the little kinks it has here and there.

http://bit.ly/klDw9U

lucyna
May 25, 2011, 02:58 AM
I've been using the Acase and I think it's a pretty good alternative minus the little kinks it has here and there.

Image (http://bit.ly/klDw9U)

What material of this?

lucyna
May 25, 2011, 02:59 AM
http://www.case2case.net/ipad-2-smart-cover-yellow.html

It looks like this one.

SchneiderMan
May 25, 2011, 03:08 AM
What material of this?

Polyurethane. Same as the Smart Cover.

lucyna
May 25, 2011, 09:28 AM
Polyurethane. Same as the Smart Cover.

Does it has the sleep wake function? When the cover is turned completely around, folded over, does it trigger the sleep wake function, which apparently happened on earlier versions of some cases. Have you tested it? Sorry I really need one, so I need some detail from you, thanks.

SchneiderMan
May 25, 2011, 02:11 PM
Does it has the sleep wake function? When the cover is turned completely around, folded over, does it trigger the sleep wake function, which apparently happened on earlier versions of some cases. Have you tested it? Sorry I really need one, so I need some detail from you, thanks.

Yes it does and no, it will not trigger the sleep mode when it's flipped back.

3goldens
May 25, 2011, 02:34 PM

Image (http://bit.ly/klDw9U)

Baloney!

The Acase is a lousy cheaply made case. I had one and sent it right back.

This case while advertised to be something similar to the original ipad case is in fact nothing like it!

The material is a cheap facsimile of the original and has so many blatantly obvious magnets littering the cases cover that they are visible all along the seam!

Case feels like nothing I have ever encountered and not that nice smooth feel of the polyurethane Apple case. This is rough and somewhat abrasive.

The worst part of the case I had is simple, it covered both the light sensor and half the HOME button once securely inside the case.

This is clear even in the picture the moron manufacturer put up on Amazon to sell the product, how stupid do they think Ipad owners are?

I mean really Acase, get the dimensions and cut outs right and remix your rubber batter boys, because this case is nothing but an epic failed attempt to do something that could be quite successful if done properly.

SchneiderMan
May 25, 2011, 04:55 PM
Baloney!

The Acase is a lousy cheaply made case. I had one and sent it right back.

This case while advertised to be something similar to the original ipad case is in fact nothing like it!

The material is a cheap facsimile of the original and has so many blatantly obvious magnets littering the cases cover that they are visible all along the seam!

Case feels like nothing I have ever encountered and not that nice smooth feel of the polyurethane Apple case. This is rough and somewhat abrasive.

The worst part of the case I had is simple, it covered both the light sensor and half the HOME button once securely inside the case.

This is clear even in the picture the moron manufacturer put up on Amazon to sell the product, how stupid do they think Ipad owners are?

I mean really Acase, get the dimensions and cut outs right and remix your rubber batter boys, because this case is nothing but an epic failed attempt to do something that could be quite successful if done properly.

I guess you haven't read my review :)

lucyna
May 25, 2011, 08:09 PM
No. 1, post by alphadog111, name: Ipad 2 Case with Smart Cover Tech - Looks and fits like Original Apple ipad 1 Case, where to find: not mentioned, image:
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=283984&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1304479178 http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=283981&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1304479178

No. 2, post by sotie, name: ipad 2 smart cover yellow, where to find: http://www.case2case.net/ipad-2-smart-cover-yellow.html image:
http://www.case2case.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/i/file_170_13.jpg http://www.case2case.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/i/file_171_13.jpg

No. 3, post by 3goldens, name: knock off ipad 2 smart cover, where to find: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1156
image:
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=284469&thumb=1&d=1304788694 http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=284470&thumb=1&d=1304788694

No. 4, post by RocknRose, name: Tucano cover for IPad2, where to find: www.tucano.com
image:
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=286703&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1306259375
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=286705&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1306259375

No. 5, post by SchneiderMan, name: Acase, where to find: now mentioned, image:
http://bit.ly/klDw9U

Now, it is much more easy to compare them, just give your review, give us good advice for us to decide which to buy.

3goldens
May 25, 2011, 11:58 PM
I guess you haven't read my review :)

Actually, I did read your puff piece on this sorry excuse for a case. It feels nothing like the original, mine had sleep/wake issues on the rear when folded over as well as seams that were just not held together properly, terrible construction, cheaply made very bad quality. A company that can not line up the covers ports, make that very straightforward part of the design coincide with the Ipads ports is not worth being in a discussion about quality.

This Acase is not a facsimile or even a close alternative to the former first gen Apple case, and I for one certainly would't be going around recommending it.

I'd even go as far as saying I wouldn't recommend any case made by Acase, I have had two that were complete bombshells! Two strikes in my game and their out!

ipad2case
May 26, 2011, 02:35 AM
I would have to agree Acase is of very poor quality. At Least from my experience with them. I also have a friend who bought one for his Xoom and it was crap

SchneiderMan
May 26, 2011, 04:23 AM
My two review samples were fine except for the cutouts. I think Acase just doesn't have consistent quality.
I might have received improved versions. I call it like it is.

3goldens
May 26, 2011, 11:47 AM
So, I will not try Acase, how about the others?

http://www.gumdropcases.com/surf-convertible-ipad-2-case.html

3goldens
May 26, 2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks, 3goldens, I decide to buy NO. 2 at last. First, it is cheaper, only $34.99, the case you recommend is $44.95, it seems a leather one, while I'd like to buy a case like apple ipad 2 smart cover, waiting for its arrival.

I don't think that gum drop case is leather though, it's probaly a little better quality poly than your getting, like original apple case.

Good luck with it, enjoy it!

Cheers....

SchneiderMan
May 27, 2011, 01:01 AM
I would have to agree Acase is of very poor quality. At Least from my experience with them. I also have a friend who bought one for his Xoom and it was crap

So, I will not try Acase, how about the others?

I don't believe either of you spammers. You're both repping Case2Case on the forums and it's just not right scamming the members here with your lies. You seem to keep pushing cases that are found on that site constantly while saying that Acase is crap which it isn't with all due respect.

I've had enough of new users coming here pretending to me customers while lying and trying to convince people to buy your products instead. While some may no see it, others do. I suggest you find a different way to promote your products. It's very easy really..

ipad2case
May 27, 2011, 01:22 AM
I don't believe either of you spammers. You're both repping Case2Case on the forums and it's just not right scamming the members here with your lies. You seem to keep pushing cases that are found on that site constantly while saying that Acase is crap which it isn't with all due respect.

I've had enough of new users coming here pretending to me customers while lying and trying to convince people to buy your products instead. While some may no see it, others do. I suggest you find a different way to promote your products. It's very easy really..

What the heck are you talking about??? what am i selling??? i said what i said because it was true, Now i realize and from what i gather from you doing reviews that you do have some interest in products since you get them free and thats cool but im a customer and i PAY for my goods so i can tell the truth, You are the one pushing acase not me. You i see havent been on here a long time but your opinion is not always what others may have and the products you like may not be liked by others. Now please leave me out of what ever you are going thru, You are the one selling, everytime you get a free item from a vendor and push it you are selling your payment isnt in cash or maybe it is but thats your business you are selling. Everyone in here is selling something or they wouldnt need to ask what to wear, and how to wear it.

wackoip
May 27, 2011, 03:24 AM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1148105&highlight=tucano

Just to let you all know I have posted this previously. The magnet does NOT interfere with sleep/wake function when smartcover is folded back.

However this is nowhere like the original Apple ipad cover, hence I never bother to post it here.:confused:

ipad2case
May 27, 2011, 03:25 AM
Thanks, 3goldens, I'm always come here to find good case, I deeply appreciate your good advice.

SchneiderMan, how can you say other people like that? If I'm the rep from case2case, then, what are you doing for Acase? We are just talking about what we like, no need to attack other people, we all need a peace world, aren't you?

I too dont understand if it wasnt for people posting their cases on here it would defeat the purpose, I didnt post 1 product or endorse a product heck i seen acase and since i had real life experiance with it posted my 2 cents.

lucyna
May 27, 2011, 07:47 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1148105&highlight=tucano

Just to let you all know I have posted this previously. The magnet does NOT interfere with sleep/wake function when smartcover is folded back.

However this is nowhere like the original Apple ipad cover, hence I never bother to post it here.:confused:

So what do you mean to put your thread here?

knightskid
May 28, 2011, 08:45 PM
Hi guys, I have found another site www.aliexpress.com, selling everything as what Case2Case are selling too. Pricing is cheaper and include free shipping. :)
Nothing against Case2Case, just to give members more choices to choose.

Blakjack
May 28, 2011, 10:32 PM

Is it me or does it look like that case is catching Waaay more dust the the original apple case? And anything that catches more dirt than the apple case is horrible.

3goldens
May 29, 2011, 12:38 AM
Is it me or does it look like that case is catching Waaay more dust the the original apple case? And anything that catches more dirt than the apple case is horrible.

I haven't noticed any more particulates than the original, but I wipe it down every so often, and use armor all to clean it. I like it now that I fixed the hibernation issue.

lucyna
May 29, 2011, 10:31 AM
So what kind of case is not easy to dirt?

lucyna
May 31, 2011, 05:07 AM
I also bought one from them yesterday, but I visited their site just now, the price is $27.99, it seems that they are on promotion, how regret I am, I should buy it today.:(

laurenr
May 31, 2011, 11:15 AM
I'm glad to say, I got my order today.:D
Can you please post pictures and give us your impression of this case? I am really curious about it. Thanks!

laurenr
Jun 1, 2011, 11:33 AM
The attachment is what I got from them, I bought two.

Thanks for posting the pictures. How does the quality of the case look - like around the edges - are they well "sealed", meaning no pleating, or areas that look like they would eventually open?
Also, how about attracting lint/dust - that was the biggest problem with Apple's first gen case - it was an absolute dirt magnet.
What color cases did you get?
Sorry for all the questions!:)

3goldens
Jun 1, 2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures. How does the quality of the case look - like around the edges - are they well "sealed", meaning no pleating, or areas that look like they would eventually open?
Also, how about attracting lint/dust - that was the biggest problem with Apple's first gen case - it was an absolute dirt magnet.
What color cases did you get?
Sorry for all the questions!:)

I got one of these and the quality is mediocre at best. After about a week I started to see minuscule thread coming from the front cover edges. I simply got a bic lighter and carefully singed them off. Not a disaster but not the best quality needless to say.

As far as dirt, every bit as bad as Apple original, but what would you expect with this kind of material? Just wipe it off, if you don't want that, you'll have to look into faux or real leather I would think.

lucyna
Jun 2, 2011, 09:55 AM
The attachment is what I got from them, I bought two.

Seems great, I'm waiting for mine, hope it will arrive soon.

laurenr
Jun 2, 2011, 11:27 AM
I got one of these and the quality is mediocre at best. After about a week I started to see minuscule thread coming from the front cover edges. I simply got a bic lighter and carefully singed them off. Not a disaster but not the best quality needless to say.

Yep, I suspect it is some type of glue/sealant that they use around the edges to seal them. Thanks for letting us know.:)

lucyna
Jun 3, 2011, 08:42 AM
This is what I got today. Seems good.

3goldens
Jun 3, 2011, 09:20 AM
Yea they look good when they arrive and then start to deteriorate!

Probably in the long run its better to just suck it up and get a better quality case, these are not made to last, that's for sure!

lucyna
Jun 3, 2011, 06:59 PM
Yea they look good when they arrive and then start to deteriorate!

Probably in the long run its better to just suck it up and get a better quality case, these are not made to last, that's for sure!

Have you bought one from them? And what do you think is better quality, where do you think could buy a better quality one. Thanks.

3goldens
Jun 3, 2011, 08:08 PM
Have you bought one from them? And what do you think is better quality, where do you think could buy a better quality one. Thanks.

Yep, it the same case. Its a fine case for what it is, a cheap knock off of the original Apple case. As many detracters as that case has, all i can say the quality was good, mine is what over a year old still looks pretty damm good for all i threw at it, sure it gets dirty, better the case than my ipad right?

It will be fine for you in the short run, but if your using it every day, your going start to see the wear probably in the seams.

Its the old saying, you get what you pay for, no ones looking to make quality iPad 2 cases unless the consumer is willing to pay for them, and many just are not. They would rather pay for a cheap case and then complain about the quality.

As an aside, I walked out of an Apple store today and planted right in front of the store was a vendor selling everything from ipod and iPhone cases to iPad cases, and you know what, the leather quality of these cases surpass the ones made in china that everyone pays 40-45 bucks for and complain they smell like rotting flesh!

This vendor was charging 20 bucks, selling them like no tomorrow, and, and, get this, they actually smelled like cow hide! Does anyone remember the smell of real cowhide? I do for sure!

I over heard him ordering 10 new black ones, his cost, 10 bucks, and that should tell us a thing or two!

Robert7200
Jun 4, 2011, 01:08 AM
Hey Alphadog111: Who makes the case you posted? It looks perfect! Where can I get one? Please respond. Thanks, Robert7200

ubercool
Jun 4, 2011, 11:01 AM
So if I recap this thread correctly, there are two cases mentioned that did not receive any negative reviews:

1. Case2Case iPad 2 Smart Cover (http://www.case2case.net/ipad-2-smart-cover-yellow.html) ($28)

2. Tucano MAGICO for iPad 2 (http://www.tucanousa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=IPDMA-Z) ($30)

Thanks so much folks! :)

3goldens
Jun 5, 2011, 09:50 AM
No, 3goldens, do not attack anybody or any site, we just share our buying experience here, if you never bought one from them, don't give any bad review, that's my opinion.

As I said, I bought this one, if your talking about the Apple knock off.

So listen, I think your misunderstanding my post.

I'm not attacking anyone, person or site. Just the products I have experience with. Don't want my opinion, don't read my posts, but I have had about 15 cases now.

Just giving my experience as I see it bro.

The case in question is a knock off from the Apple original, and a bad one, I have had it for awhile and its falling apart.

Want the truth or do you want me to tell you its a great case and will last a lifetime?

This one looks great though!

xStatiCa
Jun 5, 2011, 10:30 AM
The tucano might look nice and it has the metal on the back to lock the smart case to the back but... It looks bulky like the SGP griff. The Melkco leather snap case with integrated smart cover that I had was much slimmer than the SGP griff that I had comparing the backs. Melkco has a back only version but they don't have the metal plate on the back.

It would be interesting to see someone get the tucano to see how bulky it is.

lucyna
Jun 6, 2011, 05:48 AM
I'd prefer smart cover, compared to other ipad 2 cases, while for other cases, I would choose a popular and special one, such as Paul Frank ipad 2 case, angry birds ipad 2 case or the KungFu Panda hard ipad 2 case recently released is also very nice!

tp1
Jun 7, 2011, 09:23 AM
So if I recap this thread correctly, there are two cases mentioned that did not receive any negative reviews:

1. Case2Case iPad 2 Smart Cover (http://www.case2case.net/ipad-2-smart-cover-yellow.html) ($28)

2. Tucano MAGICO for iPad 2 (http://www.tucanousa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=IPDMA-Z) ($30)

Thanks so much folks! :)

Anyone tried this? I'm going to buy a smart cover for my ipad 2, is it good to use?

lucyna
Jun 7, 2011, 09:31 AM
As I said, I bought this one, if your talking about the Apple knock off.

So listen, I think your misunderstanding my post.

I'm not attacking anyone, person or site. Just the products I have experience with. Don't want my opinion, don't read my posts, but I have had about 15 cases now.

Just giving my experience as I see it bro.

The case in question is a knock off from the Apple original, and a bad one, I have had it for awhile and its falling apart.

Want the truth or do you want me to tell you its a great case and will last a lifetime?

This one looks great though!

hey, 3goldens, have you tried this?

3goldens
Jun 8, 2011, 12:45 AM
hey, 3goldens, have you tried this?

have not, but it does look like the speck which I have. I think I am done with cases for this one, unless you get it and tell me it is the just too good to pass up!

Sin Pad
Jun 8, 2011, 01:52 AM
Anyone tried this? I'm going to buy a smart cover for my ipad 2, is it good to use?

I bought the Tucano Magico yesterday in a store here in Switzerland. The Switcheasy Coverbuddy was next to it, so I could compare.

The Tucano was *slightly* thicker (but maybe that's just imagination), but has a much better grip. The Switcheasy Coverbuddy looks a tiny bit cooler IMO (esp the part that covers the speakers), but it's almost as slippery as the naked iPad. Dropping that thing was my biggest concern, so I went for the Tucano. Once I had it in my hands, it was a no-brainer. I got the black one which looks great with the red smartcover. Really nice.

edit: the Tucano is NOT bulky at all !!

ps: this is my first post here; up to now I was only reading, thanks to you guys I got a better understanding of what to look out for - thanks much!!

edit2: changed to the correct name of the skin I compared the Tucano to: Switcheasy Coverbuddy

lucyna
Jun 8, 2011, 06:46 PM
Personally, I also like Speck, but I had one, and I also bought one from case2case, now I need a different one. The one different from Speck and the smart cover.

xStatiCa
Jun 11, 2011, 10:25 AM
I just ordered the Tucano MAGICO (black eco-leather) and the Tucano CORNICE (black eco-leather) direct from tucanousa.com 2 days ago. It will be interesting to compare them to the Melkco Slimme and the SGP Griff cases which I have already had. It shipped already and is expected to get to me on Wednesday (fedex).

http://www.tucanousa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=IPDCO

laurenr
Jun 11, 2011, 10:51 AM
I just ordered the Tucano MAGICO (black eco-leather) and the Tucano CORNICE (black eco-leather) direct from tucanousa.com 2 days ago. It will be interesting to compare them to the Melkco Slimme and the SGP Griff cases which I have already had. It shipped already and is expected to get to me on Wednesday (fedex).

http://www.tucanousa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=IPDCO

I really like the look of the Cornice model, I just wish it did not cover so much of the bezel. I have the white iPad, and hate to hide it. Please post pictures when you receive it; the case is gorgeous!

xStatiCa
Jun 11, 2011, 11:07 AM
I am debating on refusing the order and ordering from macmall. They don't have either of them in yet but their prices with free shipping for both is around $72 vs the $113.45 i paid going direct to tucano. Even if I get deducted for shipping from tucano I would still save around $32. I will probably just bite the bullet and accept the sooner delivery.

laurenr
Jun 12, 2011, 11:54 PM
I am debating on refusing the order and ordering from macmall. They don't have either of them in yet but their prices with free shipping for both is around $72 vs the $113.45 i paid going direct to tucano. Even if I get deducted for shipping from tucano I would still save around $32. I will probably just bite the bullet and accept the sooner delivery.
Yikes! That's a big price difference. Considering how long you will have the cases, perhaps a wait of a few more days might be worth it.
Just sayin'......:rolleyes:

xStatiCa
Jun 13, 2011, 02:19 AM
Macmall said they think it will be weeks before they get inventory. All other places seem to be selling it for much more than macmall (pre orders also) so I will just accept it. I have spent so much on cases that that amount probably won't even be visible on an my budget ;). Maybe that should be a :(.... :).

lucyna
Jun 13, 2011, 10:32 AM

$72 vs the $113.45, so expensive to me ...

xStatiCa
Jun 13, 2011, 11:21 AM
Individually they are $22 for magico and $50 for the cornice which seems like good prices to me.

tp1
Jun 14, 2011, 10:40 AM
Generally speaking, the ipad 2 smart cover with back cover is cheaper and useful.

lucyna
Jun 14, 2011, 08:39 PM
Individually they are $22 for magico and $50 for the cornice which seems like good prices to me.

free shipping or not for individual?

lucyna
Jun 17, 2011, 09:20 AM
How about this leather ipad 2 case, they said it is smart cover.

tp1
Jun 18, 2011, 10:02 AM
Nice, ;)

Nishi100
Jun 18, 2011, 10:09 AM

What's that case called?

lucyna
Jun 18, 2011, 08:25 PM
Genuine Leather Case For iPad 2 black

Shoppergirl
Jun 19, 2011, 03:04 PM
So RocknRose did Tucano say when all colors might be available for ordering? All I see now is lt blue, black and grey.

h00ligan
Jun 20, 2011, 03:01 AM
Genuine Leather Case For iPad 2 black

From whom?

Digidesign
Jun 20, 2011, 05:03 PM

Sorry, but the flap/strap kind of ruins it. It'll flop around when you flip back the cover, scratch the screen or just get in the way.

Maria Robinson
Jun 21, 2011, 04:40 AM
Case2Case iPad 2 Smart Cover....i"ll recommend the same, though I haven't used this, but got to listen frnds giving the positive reviews about the same....i think it would be the best option...:) go ahead!!!

tp1
Jun 21, 2011, 06:05 PM
Case2Case iPad 2 Smart Cover....i"ll recommend the same, though I haven't used this, but got to listen frnds giving the positive reviews about the same....i think it would be the best option...:) go ahead!!!

Thank you for your review, I may try.

truciet
Jun 22, 2011, 08:03 PM
i have the green one from sw-box. i hate the feeling of it :(

it feels like cheap microfiber like you're trying to rub dirt off...

ellababy
Jul 14, 2011, 02:32 AM
This is iPad 2 case, it should not fit iPad 1 , i think.

sexytabitha
Jul 14, 2011, 02:36 AM
I'm lost on-this thread

Sodner
Jul 15, 2011, 07:16 PM
Everyone has their own opinion....

This case looks A LOT like the original, so much so that it's just as ugly as the original. That thing was one of the worst things to come out of Cuppertino.

sexytabitha
Jul 15, 2011, 07:29 PM
Everyone has their own opinion....

This case looks A LOT like the original, so much so that it's just as ugly as the original. That thing was one of the worst things to come out of Cuppertino.

It just kills me how people will take a cheap looking case and cover up such a beautiful device. I spent $900 plus on my iPad I'm not running around with a $20 case on it. But I'm not running around with a $300 Vaja.

Mr.C
Jul 17, 2011, 08:57 AM
Isn't this thread talking about ipad 2 smart cover?

No. It's discussing third party cases that also have the sleep/wake option of the Apple Smart cover.

pennysworth
Oct 6, 2012, 12:27 PM
I bought both the original Apple iPad 2 case and the crosshatched Speck. It's tough but boy is it heavy.

What I'm looking for is a case that covers both sides of the iPad but does it with minimal weight. Information, by the way, that is lacking from the posts here.

Could anyone suggest one in that vein?

Thanks.

Giuly
Oct 6, 2012, 09:28 PM
What you want is the dark grey Smart Case (http://amzn.to/T8CwSi).

Looks awesome. And reminds remotely of the original iPad case.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/4ZIQSW-o9fE/0.jpg

amymany
Oct 19, 2012, 04:23 AM
i think the TS-case leather is cool!